Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

We are top of the league!

Read 422923 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #4048: Mar 10, 2020 01:06:59 pm
      A game behind closed doors to prevent the spread of a virus.
      I need someone to explain to me how not letting 50 odd thousand people in a stadium is going to prevent spreading but having those same people crammed into pubs watching on tv (along with a few million others) isn’t a threat?

They might ban pubs as well, in Italy pubs are open only during the day and you have to keep 1 metre apart from each other.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #4049: Mar 10, 2020 04:23:23 pm
      Gut feeling is that the Palace home game is going to be behind closed doors.
      Hope you're wrong!
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 622 posts | 59 
      Reply #4050: Mar 10, 2020 05:02:51 pm
      The stadium ban is coming, i understand that they want to protect people, but on average 1.2 million people are killed on the roads each year worldwide, or over 3000 people lose their lives every day, on the roads,so with those stats,why dont they ban people driving cars ?
      « Last Edit: Mar 10, 2020 05:10:27 pm by sebby »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #4051: Mar 10, 2020 05:22:04 pm
      Look forward when a thread is opened stating, We have won the league !

I would want to read everybody's story. Where they were at the moment, what it meant to them, how they celebrated - with as many personal details as they would want to share. That thread would make some great writing and reading for a long while after the blessed moment transpires.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4052: Mar 10, 2020 05:22:35 pm
      They might ban pubs as well, in Italy pubs are open only during the day and you have to keep 1 metre apart from each other.

My friend in Italy says theres only 1 member of family aloud out the house at any time, kids have to stay indoors. and when going out it masks and gloves.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4053: Mar 10, 2020 05:46:57 pm
      Look forward when a thread is opened stating, We have won the league !

Should just be titled "Champions"
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #4054: Mar 10, 2020 05:52:49 pm
      Should just be titled "Champions"

It's been a long wait to long
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #4055: Mar 10, 2020 07:32:04 pm
      It would be a huge shame if the corona virus craziness kills the celebrations or has us winning the title in an empty stadium but this is one that will be savoured for several months and nothing will dumb down my celebrations! 30 frickin years!!! I've been thinking about that all weekend, i'm 45 so I was in my final year of school the last time we won the bloody title. To be told then that it would be another 30 before it happened again! Let's hope the Gooners do us a favour midweek and then Monday night could potentially be the most incredible way to win it away at woodison!!!! How good would that be!!!

Here here, it will be hugely disappointing especially for season ticket holders if we have to play behind closed doors but it won't dampen my celebrations I was 10 in 1990 and this title wait has at times driven me crazy, I felt like someone had died the whole week after that Gerrard slip, at worst I'll be getting pissed in the house and stuffing my face if the pubs are shut... I just want it won ASAP I don't trust the authorities the FA, UEFA , the government or whoever about trying to shaft us out of this title so I'd accept behind closed doors just to get the PL trophy to Anfield.
      Kopite78
      Reply #4056: Mar 11, 2020 11:09:41 am
      The stadium ban is coming, i understand that they want to protect people, but on average 1.2 million people are killed on the roads each year worldwide, or over 3000 people lose their lives every day, on the roads,so with those stats,why dont they ban people driving cars ?

Come on, be a grown up, that's hardly a comparable situation is it
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #4057: Mar 11, 2020 12:59:03 pm
      Here here, it will be hugely disappointing especially for season ticket holders if we have to play behind closed doors but it won't dampen my celebrations I was 10 in 1990 and this title wait has at times driven me crazy, I felt like someone had died the whole week after that Gerrard slip, at worst I'll be getting pissed in the house and stuffing my face if the pubs are shut... I just want it won ASAP I don't trust the authorities the FA, UEFA , the government or whoever about trying to shaft us out of this title so I'd accept behind closed doors just to get the PL trophy to Anfield.

I don't think there's going to be any shafting out of the title.

The Premier League website says the winner is crowned with the most points at the end of the season. If the end of the season happens early because of hysteria over this virus, well....we'll be the team with the most points, so unless someone can find some regulation that provided contingencies in the event of something like this, then I'd say it's pretty cut and dry. We'd still be crowned champions. And I highly doubt any other team would have an issue with it, maybe the fans, but certainly not the owners and managers. Everyone knows the title is ours at this point, even the bald fraud.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #4058: Mar 11, 2020 02:55:40 pm
      I don't think there's going to be any shafting out of the title.

The Premier League website says the winner is crowned with the most points at the end of the season. If the end of the season happens early because of hysteria over this virus, well....we'll be the team with the most points, so unless someone can find some regulation that provided contingencies in the event of something like this, then I'd say it's pretty cut and dry. We'd still be crowned champions. And I highly doubt any other team would have an issue with it, maybe the fans, but certainly not the owners and managers. Everyone knows the title is ours at this point, even the bald fraud.

Yes.

Sure it's preferred for players to be on the park and fans in the stands when it happens, but the key is actually winning it. There will be a trophy-lifting in front of fans at some point. There will be a parade in the city at some point. This isn't the world's end.

It's only denying Liverpool something if individuals allow it to do have that effect on themselves.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #4059: Mar 11, 2020 05:33:33 pm
      I would want to read everybody's story. Where they were at the moment, what it meant to them, how they celebrated - with as many personal details as they would want to share. That thread would make some great writing and reading for a long while after the blessed moment transpires.

Y"all assuming folks are gonna be in state to remember? Hope to F**k it's a saturday cos i can't afford to take any midweeks at the moment.
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #4060: Mar 11, 2020 06:29:08 pm
      City v Arsenal postponed tonight too
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #4061: Mar 12, 2020 01:20:26 am
      So the times says all games from now behind closed doors, and no football in pubs... no idea how they’ll actually do that, but anyway.

Without getting into the whole more important things than football stuff, how incredibly disappointing we’ll win the league in front of nobody. Genuinely feel pretty upset thinking about it. Why this year ffs :(
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #4062: Mar 12, 2020 01:29:04 am
      So the times says all games from now behind closed doors, and no football in pubs... no idea how they’ll actually do that, but anyway.

Without getting into the whole more important things than football stuff, how incredibly disappointing we’ll win the league in front of nobody. Genuinely feel pretty upset thinking about it. Why this year ffs :(
      It’s soul destroying being honest
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #4063: Mar 12, 2020 01:56:42 am
      It’ll be a shame but at least we’ll be challenging for the title again, we’re not Leicester in the season they won it.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #4064: Mar 12, 2020 06:47:24 am
      Expecting the league to be suspended pretty soon now.

F**k knows what happens but I very much doubt it'll be as straightforward as saying the current table is final.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #4065: Mar 12, 2020 07:19:47 am
      Just get it won, I feel we are in danger of loosing this too..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4066: Mar 12, 2020 08:01:00 am
      My guess would be that they put it to a club vote to take the table as is, that way there'd only be three club's voting against.

The other option is the old pools panel where a group of secretive blokes sit in a room and decide who wins, loses and draws. If that's the option then there's no way they couldn't have us winning two out of the remaining games.

When the virus came out all the jokes were about it being invented to stop Liverpool winning the league, f**k me, it could actually prove to be true.

you genuinely think a global pandemic was created just to stop us winning the league, ;D :-)
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #4067: Mar 12, 2020 09:29:50 am
      So nobody knows what are the rules IF:

- premier league is abandoned (its possibility...when first player get infected it will be chaos).
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #4068: Mar 12, 2020 09:33:31 am
      My guess would be that they put it to a club vote to take the table as is, that way there'd only be three club's voting against.

The other option is the old pools panel where a group of secretive blokes sit in a room and decide who wins, loses and draws. If that's the option then there's no way they couldn't have us winning two out of the remaining games.

When the virus came out all the jokes were about it being invented to stop Liverpool winning the league, f**k me, it could actually prove to be true.

I think there'd be more than 3 voting against. Champions League places still up for grabs and there'd be a lot of teams who would still fancy their chances. Worth a shot at least considering the financial gain as they've got nothing to lose either way. Not to mention the teams in & around the playoff places in the lower leagues. I think the fairest option would be the closed doors scenario
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4069: Mar 12, 2020 09:34:33 am
      So nobody knows what are the rules IF:

- premier league is abandoned (its possibility...when first player get infected it will be chaos).

Firstly I don't think it will happen, although games will almost certainly be played behind closed doors, but even if it was cut short I think you would just have to project the final results, for example we obviously win and Norwich obviously goes down, the the others are a bit trickier.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #4070: Mar 12, 2020 11:14:02 am
      I think they'll want to stick with closed doors until at least the international break, which probably won't involve any internationals, in which case we could be champions by then.

Quick Reply