Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

We are top of the league!

Read 422881 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #4071: Mar 12, 2020 11:36:22 am
      It is though about time the PL came out and told everyone exactly what the plans are. Pretty clear now that the league isnt getting completed. There will be 1 more game left now at best really.

Even weekend seems a long time away.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #4072: Mar 12, 2020 11:45:20 am
      It is though about time the PL came out and told everyone exactly what the plans are. Pretty clear now that the league isnt getting completed. There will be 1 more game left now at best really.

Even weekend seems a long time away.

If the Prem gets postponed, everyone will have their summer break now, all be it at home, and we’ll have some decent footy to watch through the summer 😁
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4073: Mar 12, 2020 11:49:29 am
      Unless you have autism and apologies if you do, then I'm not sure how you can read that from what he just said.

What on earth does autism have to do it, its simple comprehension/interpretation:

"When the virus came out all the jokes were about it being invented to stop Liverpool winning the league, f**k me, it could actually prove to be true."

How do you interpret the last part of that sentence?
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #4074: Mar 12, 2020 11:53:32 am

If the Prem gets postponed, everyone will have their summer break now, all be it at home, and we’ll have some decent footy to watch through the summer 😁

Gonna be absolute murder in Benidorm this summer if there's competitive club football being shown :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4075: Mar 12, 2020 02:26:37 pm
      So the times says all games from now behind closed doors, and no football in pubs... no idea how they’ll actually do that, but anyway.

Without getting into the whole more important things than football stuff, how incredibly disappointing we’ll win the league in front of nobody. Genuinely feel pretty upset thinking about it. Why this year ffs :(

Look at what has happened at games abroad where games have played behind closed doors, fans have still turned up outside. Anfield the area will still be chocker.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4076: Mar 12, 2020 02:30:05 pm
      What on earth does autism have to do it, its simple comprehension/interpretation:

"When the virus came out all the jokes were about it being invented to stop Liverpool winning the league, f**k me, it could actually prove to be true."

How do you interpret the last part of that sentence?

With a sense of humour you crying knobhead.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4077: Mar 12, 2020 02:36:00 pm
      its going to happen when now is in doubt. Do the FA or any official body think that keeping the gates closed will keep Liverpool fans away they will still congregate around Anfield. F**k the Euros off and have a 2 week break now and then review it. The amount of sh*t that will hit the fan if they somehow declare the league nul and void will be huge from the Championship team hoping for a Premier league place to the likes of UTS still fighting for top 4 . The only fair way to do this is simply freeze things then when appropriate resume.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #4078: Mar 12, 2020 03:22:41 pm
      Empty stadiums is a much more relevant approach to addressing the virus than stopping the matches altogether. I know some players and officials have it - you saw the news from over here that the NBA has suspended the season because a player has it.

You can work contingencies to resolve issues with competitive placements, Euro qualification, reduced prize money and all of that. They don't just have to do a blanket "Season's over" ruling now two months before the actual end date.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #4079: Mar 12, 2020 03:28:45 pm
      I’m so F***ing scared incase the season is cancelled
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #4080: Mar 12, 2020 03:45:47 pm
      I’m so F***ing scared incase the season is cancelled

At most it'll be postponed, too much money is involved for the season to be cancelled. Even then, Chile's Primera Division cancelled their season early last season (their league being much smaller and less wealthy) and the team in first were given the title. Unlikely to happen here as there's more groups to sort out, such as the European places, but I could see the PL working something out if matches couldn't be played.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #4081: Mar 12, 2020 03:48:29 pm
      My guess would be that they put it to a club vote to take the table as is, that way there'd only be three club's voting against.

The other option is the old pools panel where a group of secretive blokes sit in a room and decide who wins, loses and draws. If that's the option then there's no way they couldn't have us winning two out of the remaining games.

When the virus came out all the jokes were about it being invented to stop Liverpool winning the league, f**k me, it could actually prove to be true.

Thanks for the schooldays grandstand flashback with the"pools panel result home win",we'll have it all wrapped up with those guys! Do they still exist even?
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #4082: Mar 12, 2020 03:58:19 pm
      Hearing whispers that Melwood & the Academy are both on lockdown. Nothing confirmed by the club at the minute like
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #4083: Mar 12, 2020 04:05:46 pm
      590 cases with 10 deaths...I don't see why they should halt the league on this.
      Kopite78
      Reply #4084: Mar 12, 2020 04:09:15 pm
      590 cases with 10 deaths...I don't see why they should halt the league on this.

I think the idea is to attempt to stop the spread
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4085: Mar 12, 2020 04:24:29 pm
      Gonna be absolute murder in Benidorm this summer if there's competitive club football being shown :lmao:

You confident Benidorm or any where else will be open?
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #4086: Mar 12, 2020 04:24:39 pm
      I think the idea is to attempt to stop the spread

Yep, even though for most people it's a common cold, it's not like that for elderly people or people with other medical conditions.

What a doctor who is friend of mine told me is that the biggest problem with this is that it spreads very easily, much more than the common flu, so that is the big issue.

After seeing what is happening in Italy, I think taking extra measures is the right thing to do.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4087: Mar 12, 2020 04:26:35 pm
      With a sense of humour you crying knobhead.

ah so it was sarcastic, you see that's not at all clear, perhaps a smiley or exclamation mark would have helped. BTW what's with all the personal abuse, can you not talk in a civil fashion?
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #4088: Mar 12, 2020 04:29:33 pm
      You confident Benidorm or any where else will be open?

No idea - was in response to the hypothetical post about games being postponed until the summer
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #4089: Mar 12, 2020 04:44:46 pm
      Just read that 3 players on Leicester City are self-isolating.  And also that UEFA is set to suspend Euro 2020 until 2021, they will meet next Tuesday.  City v Madrid has already been postponed. How is it possible to finish the CL and EL when teams cant play. 

For me , I'd rather just suspend the season for a few weeks or a month until the disease stops spreading,  rather than play behind closed doors. Without a Euro this summer, all the leagues will be able to finish their seasons completely, just a bit late. Then start next season in September. And eliminate the useless international freindlies. There will still be time for World Cup qualifiers because the 24' WC is pushed back until December.

Here in the States the NBA has suspended play , and the NHL is soon to follow.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4090: Mar 12, 2020 05:27:53 pm
      Just read that 3 players on Leicester City are self-isolating.  And also that UEFA is set to suspend Euro 2020 until 2021, they will meet next Tuesday.  City v Madrid has already been postponed. How is it possible to finish the CL and EL when teams cant play. 

For me , I'd rather just suspend the season for a few weeks or a month until the disease stops spreading,  rather than play behind closed doors. Without a Euro this summer, all the leagues will be able to finish their seasons completely, just a bit late. Then start next season in September. And eliminate the useless international freindlies. There will still be time for World Cup qualifiers because the 24' WC is pushed back until December.

Here in the States the NBA has suspended play , and the NHL is soon to follow.

My suggestion, bout a week or two ago. that if it comes to it they should get all teams on an equal number of games, then freeze the positions so to speak. Then all qualifications will be decided on those finishing positions. That will have to be done to enable next season to go ahead.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #4091: Mar 12, 2020 05:45:41 pm

ah so it was sarcastic, you see that's not at all clear, perhaps a smiley or exclamation mark would have helped. BTW what's with all the personal abuse, can you not talk in a civil fashion?

It's not really sarcastic but hes saying people joked that corona may stop us winning the league and now that might actually be true.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #4092: Mar 12, 2020 06:08:18 pm
      I’m so f**king scared incase the season is cancelled

Same here, I'm shitting it. Winning the league in empty stadium will be very disappointing, not being PL Champions now will kill me far quicker than any corona virus
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4093: Mar 12, 2020 06:14:19 pm
      Same here, I'm shitting it. Winning the league in empty stadium will be very disappointing, not being PL Champions now will kill me far quicker than any corona virus

Worried about this, petrified about my dad and the corona virus. My mental health is a bit fragile at the best of times so not a good time at the moment at all.

Quick Reply