Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Pre-match: Blackburn v Liverpool

Read 13013 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Pre-match: Blackburn v Liverpool
      Dec 03, 2008 03:51:54 am
      Blackburn versus Liverpool
      Saturday, 15:00 GMT kick-off.

I can imagine us easily getting a win here, as I think all of our poor performances will now be thrown into the wind.

Possible XI:

-------JR-------
      AA--JC--DA--AD
      -----JM-XA-----
      DK----SG----AR
      -------RK------

Subs: Cavalieri, Darby Insua, Hyypia, Benayoun, Lucas, Babel, N'Gog Nemeth.
      « Last Edit: Dec 03, 2008 06:10:58 pm by Reslivo »
      Imo75
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Re: Pre-match: Blackburn v Liverpool
      Reply #1: Dec 03, 2008 06:41:31 am
      I agree and your starting 11 seems about right. I can also see the lads really wanting to prove a point on Sat and I predict RK to be on the scoresheet.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2: Dec 03, 2008 07:17:24 am
       I think I will refrain from forcasting the score against Blackburn,I keep thinking that we will hammer someone and it has not happened so I have come to the conclusion it is better to leave the football to the team.I will of course shout like hell for them and hope they give me reason to celebrate on Saturday night. GO THE MIGHTY REDS.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #3: Dec 03, 2008 07:59:20 am
      Same formation for me but knowing Rafa, anything is possible.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,709 posts | 3717 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #4: Dec 03, 2008 01:45:12 pm
      I will put babel not riera 'cos he was bad in last two games and a game on the bench will make him a mile of good ( bringing him back to earth and tell him that left wing isn't his without a good performance) But this is my opinion.

We must win this game. YNWA
      MsGerrard
      Reply #5: Dec 03, 2008 05:22:58 pm
      Blackburn versus Liverpool
      Saturday, 15:00 GMT kick-off.

-------RK------

Subs: Cavalieri, Darby, Hyypia, Benayoun, Lucas, Babel, N'Gog.

Redkenny up top for us............easy win then  :lmao:

To be honest he would probably do better than the other RK at the moment  ;)

I think Darby is out injured, but other than that I like the look of your team Res, and I'll go for 3 points on Sat with that.

Actually I'd have Nemeth on the bench on Saturday.........love to see what he could do.

jimbob
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #6: Dec 03, 2008 06:05:41 pm
      we're defending well so lets just hope we're far more clinical infront of goal. if we finished just 50% of the chances we create in a game we'd be head and shoulders above the rest. Does any1 know the last time we went 3 consecutive league games without scoring?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #7: Dec 03, 2008 06:09:31 pm

Redkenny up top for us............easy win then  :lmao:

To be honest he would probably do better than the other RK at the moment  ;)

I think Darby is out injured, but other than that I like the look of your team Res, and I'll go for 3 points on Sat with that.

Actually I'd have Nemeth on the bench on Saturday.........love to see what he could do.

Yep, I definitely meant RedKenny upfront - there's no way I'd risk Keany-boy up there ... he sets up a tent and camps their area.

Think you're right about the bench MsG, so I'd replace Darby and chuck on Insua, also take N'Gog off there too and bring on Nemeth. Nice one ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #8: Dec 03, 2008 11:38:21 pm
      I'm not going to predict a score but I will say I'm pretty positive that we'll get the 3 points.

It's away from home. I have more confidence, at the moment with us playing away than I do at home.

Maybe the boys feel it too ,,,when they step out onto Anfield, the expectations are so high that if they don't perform, these booers will start their crap.

If they're away, they won't have to deal with that type of expectant atmosphere and will go out and relax a bit and hopefully the goals will come.
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #9: Dec 03, 2008 11:41:21 pm
      hopefully there'll be plenty of booing at ewood park, from the blackburn fans as stevie completes his hat-trick  ;)
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #10: Dec 03, 2008 11:44:14 pm
      arebola    carra     agger     dossena

babel      gerrard    mascha      riera

kuyt       pacheco
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #11: Dec 04, 2008 12:02:43 am
      Now let Nemeth play :P
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #12: Dec 04, 2008 01:41:59 am
      I am certain we will see the same line up as against Blackburn maybe Babel in there instead of Benayoun. Given the way we are playing how can some people be anticipating easy wins?? Blackburn are now also out of the only competition they had a chance of winning and havent won in their last 10 matches so it will be difficult, I also expect torrid weather conditions they always are at Ewood.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #13: Dec 04, 2008 06:55:30 am
      I'd like to see Babel start up top. He seems to be better at playing the lone striker role than Robbie is.

Still, we MUST win this game, no excuses.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #14: Dec 04, 2008 12:00:58 pm
      If Robbie Keane plays again me and Rafa will have a problem :P
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15: Dec 04, 2008 12:04:36 pm
      Only 3 points will be good enough, Blackburn have won one game in their last 8 and that was in the FA or Carling cup.

My formation would be:

Reina

Arby  Carra  Agger  Insua

Alonso  Masch  Gerra
      Babel                                    Riera

Kuyt/Keane
      ricohman
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 39 posts |
      Reply #16: Dec 04, 2008 01:14:03 pm
      I'm not going to predict a score but I will say I'm pretty positive that we'll get the 3 points.

It's away from home. I have more confidence, at the moment with us playing away than I do at home.

Maybe the boys feel it too ,,,when they step out onto Anfield, the expectations are so high that if they don't perform, these booers will start their crap.

If they're away, they won't have to deal with that type of expectant atmosphere and will go out and relax a bit and hopefully the goals will come.

Thats a good point.
      TommyLoft
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #17: Dec 04, 2008 02:27:40 pm

Very well put. Can't agree more.

I am positive of the 3 points but I would like us to go back to 4-5-1 with Ryan Babel coming in for Riera. A little rest would do him the world of good. Would prefer to see Insua given a chance aswell because Dossena is really pissing me off.

Think we will win 2-0. A very early goal from Keane and a Gerrard worldie.
      deny_me
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #18: Dec 04, 2008 02:48:52 pm
      i tink that is the line up i would put if i was rafa and strangely im actually less worried of liverpool playin away from home : :f_doh:
      mrscarragher
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #19: Dec 04, 2008 04:58:58 pm
      Yea, I think alot of people are too, it worries me that I get more nervous for Liverpool at HOME now than when they are on the road :(

I'd love to see Babel start but not dosenna I don't think he's good enough at the moment.

Hopefully Keane will get a few goals, hopefully!  ::) even one!
      OBY
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 73 posts | -1 
      Reply #20: Dec 04, 2008 11:36:49 pm
      Well, god knows we need keane to get on the scoresheet again. But Blackburn away is one of the matches outside of facing a top four side that i fear. With our recent performances, it's not looking good from were i'm standing. But the lads do have something to prove. so you never know. COME ON THE MIGHTIES!
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #21: Dec 04, 2008 11:41:06 pm
      Nemeth won't be on the bench on Saturday. He went down right at the end of tonights reserve game on the same ankle as he injured last time. He looked in a fair amount of pain.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #22: Dec 05, 2008 12:12:45 am
      My formation would be:

Reina

Alonso  Masch  Gerra

Kuyt/Keane

I'd move Gerrard behind the striker.
      Must get 3 points since we had a rest while Blackburn played yesterday.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,017 posts | 3352 
      Reply #23: Dec 05, 2008 12:19:14 am
      Blackburn this season are nowhere near the Blackburn of last. They've lost that Sparky Hughes resliance.

In saying that, Ince will have them right up for this one knowing every game from now until Christmas could be the one that saves/loses his job. Still expect a win for the Reds and can't belive Benitez is gonna persist playing Robbie Keane up top on his own. Play Babel, Ngog, Kuyt, Gerrard, F**k it even play Lucas up there just so he has a strike partner. That's when Robbie is at his ultimate best and with Torres out, that's what we need from our number 7 - his best. Few other players need a shake up as well, I'd keep Masch out as he isn't hitting anywhere near his best this year and Riera has gone completely off the boil (something I pointed out about five weeks prior to everybody else seeing it - yes I am saying well done me)

There biggest threat is Santa Cruz and he just doesn't look arsed this year. Moping around so if he plays, he shouldn't be causing us problems if it's the Santa Cruz of this year and not last. Robinson is still a decent keeper and difficult to beat, but he's always liable to make a total balls up in a match and that may well just be the chance we need for the floodgates to open.

Prediction 2-0 and on current form that would be the floodgates being opened.
      KOPMKD
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts |
      Reply #24: Dec 05, 2008 01:48:37 am
      Only 3 points will be good enough, Blackburn have won one game in their last 8 and that was in the FA or Carling cup.

My formation would be:

Reina

Alonso  Masch  Gerra

Kuyt/Keane
      I definetly wouldn't put Kuyt as a striker,he looked wasted on that position against west ham.The best role for him is a right winger,his most valuable for us both offensively and defensively that way.I prefer Babel on the left instead of Riera(physical strenght and shooting posibilities).Steavi and Robie as atacking partners,they can create something in front i hope.So:
                                             REINA
      ARBELOA             CARRAGHER           AGGER            INSUA

KUYT             ALONSO               MASCERANO          BABEL

GERRARD   

KEANE
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #25: Dec 05, 2008 02:20:18 am
      Blackburn this season are nowhere near the Blackburn of last. They've lost that Sparky Hughes resliance.

In saying that, Ince will have them right up for this one knowing every game from now until Christmas could be the one that saves/loses his job. Still expect a win for the Reds and can't belive Benitez is gonna persist playing Robbie Keane up top on his own. Play Babel, Ngog, Kuyt, Gerrard, F**k it even play Lucas up there just so he has a strike partner. That's when Robbie is at his ultimate best and with Torres out, that's what we need from our number 7 - his best. Few other players need a shake up as well, I'd keep Masch out as he isn't hitting anywhere near his best this year and Riera has gone completely off the boil (something I pointed out about five weeks prior to everybody else seeing it - yes I am saying well done me)

There biggest threat is Santa Cruz and he just doesn't look arsed this year. Moping around so if he plays, he shouldn't be causing us problems if it's the Santa Cruz of this year and not last. Robinson is still a decent keeper and difficult to beat, but he's always liable to make a total balls up in a match and that may well just be the chance we need for the floodgates to open.

Prediction 2-0 and on current form that would be the floodgates being opened.

I dunno, Blackburn put up a hell of a fight at Fratton Park.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #26: Dec 05, 2008 02:37:27 am
      Umm DLS Keane was not alone up front against West Ham he had Kuyt next to him Yossi was on the right!!!!!

We need to win this F***ing game at all costs I dont care if Cavalieri or Rafa himself is playing striker I want a goal and a win.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #27: Dec 05, 2008 05:59:36 am

MsG I always see you really pushing for Rafa to give Nemeth a go, are you gonna be in the market for an account name change soon?  ;)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #28: Dec 05, 2008 06:46:42 am
      They just have to get out there, play football and win the game convincingly no matter who they play, ;D. Enough said.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      Reply #29: Dec 05, 2008 08:02:58 am
      A MUST win game for us. The last time (last season) starting on 26/12/2007 to 17/01/2008, we have 4 (FOUR) games drawn consecutively.

We can't afford a repeat of that this season. That would kill off our 1st EPL title & a very looooong 19 years wait. We must come back with a win no matter what position we are now. Another draw will be very bad for the manager & our players confidence. We have to leave everything behind, we can't do nothing about the past results. We have to threat this as a cup final game and go full out for the win.

I don't want to sound pessimistic, but anything other than a WIN, we'll have to come back for another season for our title.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #30: Dec 05, 2008 08:26:07 am
      I would like to see Rafa encourage the lads to play football and put everything behind them. No need to think of the ladder, just go out on the pitch with no expectations and play with their hearts.

Reina

Arbeloa          Carragher          Agger         Dossena

Kuyt             Alonso            Masch           Riera

Gerrard

Babel

Cavalieri   Lucas   Benayoun   Keane   Insua   El Zhar   Hyypia

I'll say 1-0, because everytime i say a big win, we struggle. So 1-0 and a Dossena goal.
      freddy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #31: Dec 05, 2008 12:03:50 pm
      I'm going with the not-predicting-any-score, my guesses were FAR TOO OFF the mark in the last couple of weeks ... But as to our away form, I'm quite confident.
      We're so going to need the 3 points if we want to have a real shot at 19 this time...
      Here's hoping for a win *fingers crossed*
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #32: Dec 05, 2008 12:14:53 pm

Reina

Arbeloa          Carragher          Agger         Dossena

Kuyt             Alonso            Masch           Riera

Gerrard

Babel

Cavalieri   Lucas   Benayoun   Keane   Insua   El Zhar   Hyypia

I'd go with that too
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #33: Dec 05, 2008 12:16:19 pm
      I'll say 1-0, because everytime I say a big win, we struggle. So 1-0 and a Dossena goal.
      Hmm wonder why people pick the scorers :P the probably of scoring is like 1/13
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,017 posts | 3352 
      Reply #34: Dec 05, 2008 01:25:22 pm
      Umm DLS Keane was not alone up front against West Ham he had Kuyt next to him Yossi was on the right!!!!!

No he didn't. The plan, in theory anyway, was for Kuyt to be up top but when the match kicked off Kuyt was playing as a supporting midfielder. Kuyt did not give Keane the support he needed.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #35: Dec 05, 2008 02:51:34 pm
      Paul Ince has already started to get the cry in stating he has too many players out or injured,that wont stop them from having a go at us,Babel  may get the nod to start but who knows Rafa may go with Kuyt,lets wait and see.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #36: Dec 05, 2008 08:15:17 pm
      if keane plays it will be frigging 0 - 0 again

if babel or kuyt get the nod upfront even together we will win
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #37: Dec 05, 2008 08:35:19 pm
      Dont write Keane off,Ngog may even get a start who knows but I do think Kuyt will start as I said Rafa is the only one who knows lets hope its for the good 3 pts in the bag :aaliverpoolwz0:
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #38: Dec 05, 2008 09:04:03 pm
      Babel and Kuyt would be a good pairing, but I can still see Keane as our lone striker. Where else would he go? Rafa wouldn't sit him on the bench ...
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #39: Dec 05, 2008 09:51:10 pm
      Babel and Kuyt would be a good pairing, but I can still see Keane as our lone striker. Where else would he go? Rafa wouldn't sit him on the bench ...

He doesn't have a problem with it after about 60 minutes.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #40: Dec 06, 2008 12:23:52 am
      Mate I am sure for the first 2o minutes he was paired with him in fact they held hands till about the 30th minute. Then Kuyt drifted somewhere between RK and SG.
      KOPMKD
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts |
      Reply #41: Dec 06, 2008 02:56:47 am
      Gerrard and Keane upfront,Kuyt and Babel right and left,Xabi and Mascerano will do the dirty work in the middle.

XABI                  MASCERANO

KUYT                                                                 BABEL

GERRARD

KEANE

We'll have 4 men that can score upfront(well one of them should refresh his scoring memories ;))

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #42: Dec 06, 2008 02:59:45 am
      12 hours to go.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #43: Dec 06, 2008 03:00:14 am
      Now. ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #44: Dec 06, 2008 03:20:36 am

Reina

Arbeloa          Carragher          Agger         Dossena

Kuyt             Alonso            Masch           Riera

Gerrard

Babel

Cavalieri   Lucas   Benayoun   Keane   Insua   El Zhar   Hyypia

You read my mind, i was going to put that line up too :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #45: Dec 06, 2008 10:31:25 am
      Could just be paper talk, but if Rafa is going to leave Keane on the bench and only have Kuyt up on his own, is that a better option?

From the newsfeed section in the Melwood board, a link to the Telegraph

Rafael Benitez set to take Robbie Keane out of Liverpool firing line against Blackburn

Rafa Benitez has hinted that he is set to take Robbie Keane out of the firing line as Liverpool look to strengthen their position at the top of the Premier League table at Blackburn.

Keane, 28, has struggled for form since joining his boyhood heroes from Tottenham in the summer and has been substituted in five of his last six appearances.

His only two Premier League goals so far came in the 3-0 win over bottom club West Brom last month.

Even the absence of hamtring victim Fernando Torres is unlikely to save Keane from being demoted to the bench at Ewood Park as Benitez takes action after failing to see his side score in the last two league games.

Despite establishing a one-point lead over Chelsea at the summit on Monday, Liverpool players were booed off the pitch at Anfield after a goalless stalemate with Fulham.

"He (Keane) is in the same situation as the rest of the players," said Benitez, who is set to play Dirk Kuyt as a lone striker.

"I cannot guarantee a position to anyone.

"He is working hard, he has a good mentality and has enough confidence in himself.

"After this, I have to decide about each team selection because we want to win every game and have to pick the best players for each game."

Meanwhile, Benitez has revealed that talks over a new contract are no nearer being concluded.

The Spaniard had hoped to commit his future to the club by the end of November but discussions look like continuing well into December.

"My advisors are in contact with the club, and that's it. I want to concentrate on football," added Benitez yesterday.

Asked whether there was an end in sight to the talks, Benitez said: "No, but the end has to be sooner rather than later."

Either way, playing one striker up front puts a lot of responsibilities on that striker. Especially with two big grocks in their defence. We'll need lots of sevice today.

Come on you mighty reds!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #46: Dec 06, 2008 10:39:55 am
      After some of our performances lately when we didn't dispose of teams we should of I am going to remain optimistically cautious, Blackburn are 'in a bit of bother' (as the Captain of the titanic once said) and Ewood has always been quite lucky for us (heres to a divot today) but a team in a dogfight is a dangerous thing and I think this is one of those games where Rafa's one striker approach will be ideally suited.

I will go for 3-1 to the reds (cautious soon went out the window!) and the start of a good run.
      « Last Edit: Dec 06, 2008 11:40:29 am by Glenbuck »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #47: Dec 06, 2008 11:25:34 am
      After some of our performances lately when we didn't dispose of teams we should of I am going to remain optimistically cautious, Blackburn are in a bit of bother as the Captain of the titanic once said and Ewood has always been quite lucky for us (heres to a divot today) but a team in a dogfight is a dangerous thing and I think this is one of those games where Rafa's one striker approach will be ideally suited.

I will go for 3-1 to the reds (cautious soon went out the window!) and the start of a good run.

Did the captain of the Titanic actually mention Blackburn,or did he just say we are going down after they hit the iceberg called Liverpool.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #48: Dec 06, 2008 12:03:50 pm
      appartarly the scum on Sunday is gonna do a big expose on Robbie and Rafa tomorrow,along the lines of Robbies leaving... :mad:
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #49: Dec 06, 2008 12:18:14 pm
      I would take any sort of win , Rafa  just needs to get the right team take a seat Robbie
      AndyG
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #50: Dec 06, 2008 01:19:33 pm
      Any links to watch this game online?
      Thanks
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #51: Dec 06, 2008 01:21:27 pm
      I've got a really bad feeling we're going to struggle again. I seriously hope I'm wrong. Come on Redmen!
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #52: Dec 06, 2008 01:33:30 pm
      I have that bad feeling too PaulRobbo, hope its not contagious!!!
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #53: Dec 06, 2008 02:04:36 pm
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #54: Dec 06, 2008 02:05:02 pm
      At 3pm tho!!!
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #55: Dec 06, 2008 02:07:25 pm
      I would go with this team

REINA

ARBELOA     CARRAGHER    HYYPIA     AURELIO

RIERA     GERRARD    ALONSO    BABEL

KUYT   KEANE

Please Rafa DO NOT play Lucas ahead of Alonso today, I wouldnt mind Mascherano that much tho!!!

« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2008 02:15:37 pm by chrislfc22 »
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #56: Dec 06, 2008 02:16:28 pm
      SQUAD ANNOUNCED

The Liverpool team in full: Reina, Arbeloa, Carragher, Hyypia, Insua, Benayoun, Mascherano, Alonso, Babel, Gerrard, Kuyt.

Subs: Cavalieri, Keane, Dossena, Agger, Riera, Lucas, El Zhar.

NOT SO SURE IN INSUA THOUGH MAYBE HE WILL PROVE ME WRONG
      Amit
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #57: Dec 06, 2008 02:28:26 pm
      I think our major problems in the last few games wasn't the player selection or the formation. we seem to be moving the ball well and create plenty of good chances, the problem is with the finishing touch going either out of target or to soft to go past the keeper. i think this is a matter of the pressure coming through to the players, and Rafa's most important task in my opinion is transforming the pressure and overeager to get the score into positive crushing football.
      The place Rafa is wrong in his personnel choosing is who to substitute when time is running down and we're still not ahead. at the earlier matches he would bring in the same attacking players (benayun, babel, n'gog) but he would gamble and change he's formation pulling out a defender or defensive midfielder (i even remember a match where we played the last 10 minutes with a 2-6-2 formation after pulling out both sidebacks), while lately he doesn't make any formation changes during the match. perhaps the fear of losing is creeping into rafa's mind as the season progresses and we're still in the race.
      or maybe lfc can only flow when facing disaster and not when staring at the prize?
      i hope we have the character takes to be champions this time, and even if we don't at this moment, character is a matter of building and there's still plenty of time that.
      this is my first post ever, thanks for reading  
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #58: Dec 06, 2008 02:29:03 pm
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #59: Dec 06, 2008 02:30:42 pm