Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Xabi Alonso (Arsenal)

Read 8158 times
      lloyd1786
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Re: Arsenal in new swoop for Liverpool star Xabi Alonso
      Reply #23: Dec 10, 2008 07:55:30 pm
      if xabi is sold, you can say bye bye to number 19 :P

just trying to say that Xabi is as important as Stevie, Jamie and Fernando
      xabi cannoy leave period i will have benitez's head if xabi leaves ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #24: Dec 13, 2008 10:07:38 pm
      Xabi isnt leaving, as if Rafa will be stupid enough to sell him to a rival club and sell a world class player for 12 mill.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,703 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #25: Dec 25, 2008 08:49:09 am
      Liverpool's Xabi Alonso a target for Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/liverpool/3934679/Liverpools-Xabi-Alonso-a-target-for-Arsenal-manager-Arsene-Wenger.html
      The injury to Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas has prompted manager Arsene Wenger to renew his interest in Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso.

Fabregas is likely to be out for four months with knee ligament damage, ironically the result of a tackle with Alonso during Sunday's 1-1 draw with Premier League leaders Liverpool.

Arsenal reportedly made a £14 million deadline-day bid for the Spaniard in August but Wenger refused to meet the Anfield club's valuation of £17m.

Wenger is notoriously loath to spend unnecessarily so this latest news seems to confirm Arsenal’s need to strengthen their midfield, especially now that Fabregas is out for so long.

A source close to the Arsenal board blamed the club's failure to land Alonso in August on the delay in naming a successor to David Dein, who departed as chief executive last year.

New chief executive Ivan Gazidis, who will formally join Arsenal on Jan 1st, will bring with some much-needed experience in player contract negotiations from America.

The source said: “Hopefully Gazidis can come in and recognise that Wenger needs someone like Dein in his ear to reassure him that the money is there to spend.”

Inaki Ibanez, Alonso's agent, had previously insisted his client would leave Liverpool in the summer after becoming frustrated with a lack of first-team football, having only a year earlier signed a deal to stay until 2012. The speculation surrounding Aston Villa’s Gareth Barry’s move to the club further unsettled the Spaniard.

Subsequently, however, Alonso has become a key part of a Rafael Benitez side currently topping the Premier League.

Should Liverpool wish to sell, the potential transfer price may be lowered as Alonso would be cup-tied in Europe having played in the Champions League.

Other Arsenal targets include Yaya Toure, the Barcelona midfielder, Juventus youngster Sebastian Giovinco and Stephane Mbia, of Rennes and AC Milan striker Alexandre Pato

If rafa sell him in janurary, he will lose the league without a doubt. he is our best player this year. this is all media sh*t.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #26: Dec 25, 2008 11:06:45 am
      If Villa wanted £18mill 4 Barry ,then xabi is worth in the region of £45 mill ,dont you think Wenger?
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #27: Dec 25, 2008 08:36:12 pm
      I want him here till he wants to retire. His vision will be the same, even improve, and if he loses pace, it's not that much of a problem he isn't blisteringly fast anyway.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #28: Dec 26, 2008 06:51:20 am
      Should Liverpool wish to sell, the potential transfer price may be lowered as Alonso would be cup-tied in Europe having played in the Champions League.

Says it all really. World-class midfielder who was going for 14 million and his price may be lower because he isnt available for the CL. If anything, his price before as 25 million, now its 30 if they want him so bad.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #29: Dec 26, 2008 09:07:06 am
      I want him to end his career in Liverpool. He doesn't need the pace. He has the quick feet, vision and passing ability and the loss of pace isn't bad as he doesn't use speed to beat players.

He's one of the backbones of the team. He is in the heart of the Liverpool midfield and he scored one of the most important goals in the title race against Chelsea.

Lose him, and we'll lose the title and maybe even more.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #30: Dec 26, 2008 10:45:24 am

This is all sh*t press  rumours . I bet nothing true to it .
              and if there is some truth in it -- arsene go Fu*k youself ,with 12mill. you won't even buy Xabi's boots
          maybe  Rafa will think about it (doubt it though ) if you come with a 40,000,000+ check ,
             Xabi is here to stay                   
      torreschick
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts |
      • This year is Liverpool's year!
      Reply #31: Dec 28, 2008 06:32:21 pm
      Even if the rumors were true, and Wenger wants our boy Alonso, there's no way Rafa would want to sell now when he's doing so well and changing games. Plus we're fighting in the middle of the league and fighting for the title so selling him to a rival? Doesn't make sense. You'd better set your eyes on someone else Wenger!
      Alonso is ours!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #32: Dec 28, 2008 09:50:00 pm
      Even if the rumors were true, and Wenger wants our boy Alonso, there's no way Rafa would want to sell now when he's doing so well and changing games. Plus we're fighting in the middle of the league and fighting for the title so selling him to a rival? Doesn't make sense. You'd better set your eyes on someone else Wenger!
      Alonso is ours!

They're not rivals ... not title rivals anyway ;)!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #33: Dec 29, 2008 12:54:51 am
      Cant see Xabi going in Jan sales and why would Rafa sell Xabi to one of our rivals as that would only hurt us. I cant see any one whose been mentioned except maybe Gareth Barry going to MC but then again who knows if Hugues will still be there. I trust Rafa in whatever he does as most of what he says and does is for Liverpool fc and not Rafa Benitas.....
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #34: Dec 29, 2008 03:27:47 pm
      I think it's unlikely he'll sell an important player like Xabi to a Premier League team. Actually, he shouldn't even think of selling Xabi. Our pass master, is back.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #35: Dec 29, 2008 05:22:48 pm
      I think this can be locked TBA
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #36: Dec 29, 2008 07:38:11 pm
        Totally agree..this thread shoud be locked , Xabi is staying put . Rafa won't sell  him
       the only players that MAYBE would go . Dossena and  Pennant  ,and only if a good offer is recieved
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #37: Dec 30, 2008 01:01:06 am
        Totally agree..this thread shoud be locked , Xabi is staying put . Rafa won't sell  him
       the only players that MAYBE would go . Dossena and  Pennant  ,and only if a good offer is recieved

Yea!, a 20quid woolies voucher for both :P
      kaywarz
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | -2 
      Re: Xabi Alonso (Arsenal)
      Reply #38: Dec 31, 2008 04:17:12 am
      well,arsenal isn't going to buy xabi,coz liverpool offer is 17mil,arsenal bid is 12mil,in january xabi tranfers market is 35mil,juventus right now want to bid for 38mil,if its happening

liverpool can buy superb player with that money but xabi is important
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #39: Dec 31, 2008 04:40:42 am
      well,arsenal isn't going to buy xabi,coz liverpool offer is 17mil,arsenal bid is 12mil,in january xabi tranfers market is 35mil,juventus right now want to bid for 38mil,if its happening

liverpool can buy superb player with that money but xabi is important

Juventus want to bid 38 million for him? Where did you hear that? Total garbage. They were offering 12 million before and now 38 when he is cup tied?
      torreschick
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts |
      • This year is Liverpool's year!
      Reply #40: Jan 04, 2009 06:49:48 pm
      They're not rivals ... not title rivals anyway ;)!

That's what I meant ;)
      red kop
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | -8 
      Reply #41: Jan 04, 2009 07:01:03 pm
      i dont think rafa will sell xabi . he settled well and plays well , and he is important to the teams success thus far in the season . We definately have a very good squad , rafa might add to the right wing or strikeforce .

Quick Reply