Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Pre-Match Thread: Liverpool vs Hull City

Read 12846 times
      Vedder
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -6 
      • Olivavu
      Re: Pre-Match Thread: Liverpool vs Hull City
      Reply #23: Dec 12, 2008 03:18:26 pm
      I think Zayatte has played well for them, but he is prone to a mistake. Has been very good otherwise though and one of the major reasons they're flying so high.

The contributions from the likes of Ashbee and Marney has been surprising though, they've played a lot better than I expected them to. Same goes for most of their team though.

http://www.sporthull.co.uk/football/hull_city/tigers_news/displayarticle.php?ID=10018

Boateng reckons they can repeat their win at the Emirates.
      « Last Edit: Dec 20, 2008 12:24:21 am by Venison 86 »
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #24: Dec 12, 2008 05:15:11 pm
      ------------Reina----------
      Arby----Carra----Agger----Insua
      Kuyt------Masch----Xabi---Riera
      ---------Gerrard--------------
      ---------Keane-------------

I feel like our Troubling Trio should play. Or we can give Robbie a striker partner.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #25: Dec 12, 2008 05:21:59 pm

Well Boateng's a knob.

I reckon we should go with the 4-2-3-1. With Xabi and Stevie, we'd get creativity, and with Masch, we can restrict Geovanni's ability to control a game. Either way, It'll be a hard game, but we shouldn't have too much trouble. Just no more 0-0s at Anfield!
      luke_ynwa96
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts | -2 
      • LFC all the way!
      Reply #26: Dec 12, 2008 05:32:45 pm
      4231 works good with Torres.
      Keane ain't a striker to play alone up-front, and kuyt is doing better in right wing.

That's why i rather 4-4-2.

Reina
      Arbeloa Carra Agger Insúa
      Kuyt Gerrard Xabi Riera
      Babel(Ngog) Keane.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,516 posts | 2873 
      Reply #27: Dec 12, 2008 05:55:55 pm
      We need to start with a high tempo and go all out in the opening 10-15 mins and get the goal. Then they will have to take more risks and we should be able to take advantage and finish the game off.

I'm going 2-0, with Keane and Gerrard grabbing the goals.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #28: Dec 12, 2008 06:08:48 pm
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #29: Dec 12, 2008 06:19:13 pm
      This game my head tells  me 0 0 but my heart tells me 3  0  all scored in the last 15 , stress again , i hope not.
      Vedder
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -6 
      • Olivavu
      Reply #30: Dec 12, 2008 07:10:02 pm
      Well Boateng's a knob.

I reckon we should go with the 4-2-3-1. With Xabi and Stevie, we'd get creativity, and with Masch, we can restrict Geovanni's ability to control a game. Either way, It'll be a hard game, but we shouldn't have too much trouble. Just no more 0-0s at Anfield!

Boateng is a bit of a plonker, but it shows just how much confidence and belief they have in their team.

We shouldn't underestimate them.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #31: Dec 12, 2008 07:24:19 pm
      Hull's great start to the prem, with high confidence, and giving everything they've got. But still no match for the Mighty Reds!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #32: Dec 12, 2008 08:45:22 pm
      I know all eyes will be on the front line up but still - I'll have my eyes firmly on the defensive line up.

Agger's birthday today so he's probably on a bender tonight - Hyypia back in for me. (and Insua).
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #33: Dec 12, 2008 08:50:20 pm
      I would like to see this line up:

Reina

Arbeloa   Carra   Agger   Insua

Babel    Gerrard   Alonso  Riera

Kuyt    Keane

Subs: Cavalieri, Dossena, Hyypia, Darby, Masch, Lucas, N'gog

Babel and Riera played really well on either wing, swapping sides, skinning players and both scored so i feel they both deserve to start (especially seeing as Babel's confidence will be a lot higher now). I think Masch on the bench because Alonso is in sh*t hot form and can't be dropped and i really think that Kuyt and Keane could be a great pairing for tomorrows game.

Keane and Babel both have higher confidence levels now, the team are starting to improve their overall performances so let's give Hull a lesson in football.

Also let's hope the crowd have their performance back to normal as it's been flat at times at Anfield IMO. Let's have the fans give the Hull fans a lesson in creating an atmosphere of the highest order.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #34: Dec 12, 2008 09:24:53 pm
      I'd have the same line up as you kenny only i would switch Babel and Kuyt around.
      Saying that, you never know if Keane might get fed up if babel doesn't pass to him and then have a scrap with him :D
      I think this game will be easier for us to win than other home games because Hull will actually try and play against us rather than put XI men behind the ball.
      Anyone else hear some comments in the media today? Some people writing us off in the league and were F***ing top!!!! I honestly cannot believe it, its just ridiculous, top of the league with nearly half the season played but its over for us already? Some people are F***ing jokes
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #35: Dec 12, 2008 09:26:25 pm
      Be doing my bit at the front of the kop tommorrow ,hope we get an early goal though .
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Reply #36: Dec 12, 2008 10:39:33 pm
      4-1 i reckon, 1-1 at half time, geovanni for a rocket n longe range efforts from Gerrard n Alonso, Keane n Agger to score too
      MsGerrard
      Reply #37: Dec 12, 2008 11:13:01 pm
      4-1 MsG, :o

We are at home you know not away, I'll just be happy with a win. :-\

fingers crossed, lets hope Hull don't do a, well a Hull.

I just think it's gonna happen sooner or later RedPuppy, we are due a big one...........win that is, and why not tomorrow against Hull............forever the optimist, that's me.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #38: Dec 12, 2008 11:16:43 pm
      Going for a 2-0 think Hull will be adventurous enough for us to break them down 1 either side if half time
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #39: Dec 13, 2008 12:38:56 am
      Should be a good one this but I fear they will be well up for a game, decent away record too most notably at the Emirates!

I'll settle for a 2-1 (1-1) with Kuyt on 89 ;)

Gotta say I was quite impressed with Lucas against PSV too, he's showing what a difference he can make when we rest big players (not that I think we should against Hull) but definitely a good prospect for the future.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,900 posts | 6827 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #40: Dec 13, 2008 12:59:15 am
      It's at home, I'm worrried...and I hate having that feeling. At home we should be invincible.

I really don't think it's going to be as easy as some may suggest, I hope it is but can't see it happening.

I'm going for a nervy 2-1 win to us...with goals from Gerrard and Babel...but I really hope Robbie can get on the scoresheet.

As for Rafas team selection, I haven't had a clue all year....why would I try now?....just hope Insua gets the nod at left back and El Zhar can come on later in the game to finish them off.

Go You Reds.

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #41: Dec 13, 2008 03:02:28 am
      No excuses for the 'big' players to underperform today.  It's a case of who's really arsed about staying top of the league.

I've been thinking that Hull will have a go at us. They've been doing that well to other teams this season and they deserve to be where they are. But I wouldn't be surprised to see them play on the safe side. Even though we haven't been near our best in many games at Anfield this season, we are definitely still a tough team to play against and we will be dangerous.

Show them who's boss. That's what I say! Be careful at the back and make sure we are up for it!

I'm not too scared of Hull having a go at us today if they do though. I think we can handle it. I'm more concerned about us playing Keane up on his own. Because it wont work and he'll only end up getting subbed.

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #42: Dec 13, 2008 03:18:01 am
      Phil Brown on Liverpool:

"It is a massive game - they are the best team in the country at the moment without a shadow of a doubt," he said.

"We are a million miles behind Liverpool, but that counts for nothing when the whistle goes.

"We will have a team capable of competing with Liverpool on a level playing field. We could go to Anfield with a fear factor and end up losing the game, but if you go with an away record like we have then we go full of confidence to take them on at their own game.

"I am not going to put 10 or 11 men behind the ball and try to bore them to death. I am going to try to play some football."

Good man!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,900 posts | 6827 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #43: Dec 13, 2008 03:26:39 am
      Good on ya Phil, hope you stick to your word.

If it's true ....then bring it on..
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #44: Dec 13, 2008 06:38:21 am
      I'm starting to like Phil Brown a heck of a lot in terms of respectable managers in the game, but as Aussie said, lets hope he sticks to his word and not be a smart arse by putting 'only' 8 men behind the ball.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #45: Dec 13, 2008 06:45:49 am
      I'm starting to like Phil Brown a heck of a lot in terms of respectable managers in the game, but as Aussie said, lets hope he sticks to his word and not be a smart arse by putting 'only' 8 men behind the ball.
                   From what I have seen of Hull this season they like to attack so it should be an open game that will suite us,I will go for 4--1 to the MIGHTY REDS.

Quick Reply