Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

give the lads a chance rafa

Read 2333 times
      woodsie2b
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 135 posts | 11 
      Oct 15, 2006 08:50:09 pm
      first before i get started i think rafa is a class manager hopefully he will be with the pool for ages! BUT.................has he bought too many players?? has the players he has brought in unsettled the squad? just this year is starting to look a bit similar to rafa's first year when again he brung in lots of players (rightlly so) but regardless if you agree or disagree supporters of almost any club out there must realise if you bring in too many player it unsettles the squad, not the players but the squad as a unit! now this is my belief and maybe rafa needs to show more faith instead of just going out and buying someone for sake of it surely satbility is the key! we all talk about it saying managers who stay years rather than months are the ones that do well! could the same be said about players,
      but to sum it up all the talk about the premiership will not happen this year in my opinion! (and thats not me talking about how we started just too many players have got to get use to our sytem to quick.)
      i honastly think it will be anouther cup year.,which one? ;D i know which i want again.
      but you know what i wouldnt mind, after end of this season regardless what we win, is rafa to sign only 2-3 qualitry players that we actually need
      please rafa give the lads a chance
      we will!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #1: Oct 15, 2006 11:44:11 pm
      Have you not got an 'Enter' key on your keyboard?
      scallyon
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #2: Oct 16, 2006 07:49:18 am
      HE has jd but well put woodsie
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #3: Oct 16, 2006 09:20:56 am
      woodsie2b well said mate, last year liverpool's form was brilliant  towards the middle and and of the season..and so was their defence. now if rafa had of maintained a similar squad with just a few new key players, our form would of carried through onto this year. if a team was to play together without many changes the team becomes more comfortable with each other , and know what each person has to do.... i hate to say this but take man utd as an example, they have had the same fucken squad for years now with only a few adjustments....we all now how sh*t every single player is on that team IE ferdinand,oshea,neville,brown, silvetre....but why is it that every year they are a strong team??? its because they have experinece with each other and have the experince of winning prems and know what each player on the team needs to do. i rekon that if liverpool kept with a consistent balanced team with both experinced and youth players the younger players will learn quicker and our team will gell together. Then well be the best team in the world :)  :)  :)  :)
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #4: Oct 16, 2006 04:12:07 pm
      we are already the best team in the world. no question.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #5: Oct 16, 2006 05:32:30 pm
      We have brought a lot of players in, and we need to give these lads time to settle. We did need to bring these lads in as they have raised the level of the squad. But now I think that Rafa has the squad he wants and in the future there will only be one or two players comming in to improve the areas needed at the time. Be patient, our team will grow and In the future all Rafas tranfer budget will go on a couple of players allowing him to bid big money for the quality players he wants.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #6: Oct 16, 2006 06:45:38 pm
      Quote from: "Darth Joe"
      we are already the best team in the world. no question.

Probs one of the best with history.
      Not with our current form we are not!
      On our day, we can beat ANYONE.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #7: Oct 16, 2006 07:33:50 pm
      heheh i just couldnt accept hearing we aren't the best that's why i blurted that out. got too used to it ;D.
      scallyon
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #8: Oct 17, 2006 07:54:17 am
      Darth joe we have to stop living on past glories

Quick Reply