Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Arsenal v Liverpool - pre match

Read 34819 times
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Re: Arsenal v Liverpool - pre match
      Reply #23: Dec 16, 2008 04:42:44 pm
      Masch will need to mark Cesc Fabregas till he's bored.

Thats funny, although i totally agree with you.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #24: Dec 16, 2008 04:55:37 pm
      Keane definitely needs to play, dropping him for a third straight game would mean something.....Keane will make good runs and would sooner or later score one of his 4 yarders.

Masch will need to mark Cesc Fabregas till he's bored.

-------------------Reina---------------------
      Arbeloa----Carragher-----Agger--------Aurelio/Insua
      Kuyt--------Mascherano------Alonso-------Riera
      -------------------Gerrard--------------------
      ------------------Keane----------------------

El Zhar, Babel and Benayoun to come on later depending on the situation.

Spot on, with everything mentioned. I hope to god Yossi Benayoun doesn't start. He's been poor all season and we can't afford him to play his way out of trouble.
      Hopefully Keane makin ght ebench in the past 2 games wil have given him a kick up the arse. I want a good performance, not necessarily goals from him.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #25: Dec 16, 2008 04:58:50 pm
      I don't think Nasri is back yet so the likely lineup for Arsenal:

-------------------------------Almunia---------------------------------

Sagna------------Gallas---------------Djourou---------------Clichy

Denilson---------Fabregas-------------Song---------------Diaby

-------------------Van Persie----------Adebayor-------------------

Bendtner no doubt will be brought on if Arsenal find themself trailing with one of the midfielders being taken off, switching to a 4-3-3 formation.
      justyna
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts |
      Reply #26: Dec 16, 2008 06:56:21 pm
      we need 3 points badly!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #27: Dec 16, 2008 07:00:41 pm
      All we need is Agger to do a man-marking job on Adebayor and Mascherano to be breathing down Fabregas' neck on and off the ball.
      DGWAG
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #28: Dec 16, 2008 07:18:05 pm
      I'll go with 1-0 to the reds
      hope Gerrard can play in his best position center mid and Cara doesn't lose his anger and score own goals
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #29: Dec 16, 2008 07:22:07 pm
      If we go 4-5-1 against Hull at home, Arsenal away...must switch to 5-4-1. Ultra defensive, go for the 0-0.

If Arsenal score, then we can bring on some defensive midfielders to bolster our tactical advances...etc...
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #30: Dec 16, 2008 07:31:26 pm
      If we go 4-5-1 against Hull at home, Arsenal away...must switch to 5-4-1. Ultra defensive, go for the 0-0.

If Arsenal score, then we can bring on some defensive midfielders to bolster our tactical advances...etc...

Go for the 0-0? We need the 3 points, and I'm willing to bet Rafa will go 4-4-2.
      justyna
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts |
      Reply #31: Dec 16, 2008 08:05:10 pm
      Hopefully Rafa will be back!
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #32: Dec 16, 2008 09:15:51 pm
      Without being out of order who honestly thinks we can beat Arsenal after our last few performances .....Im just hopeing we get that for we had at Chelsea and against united .
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #33: Dec 16, 2008 09:21:35 pm
      Without being out of order who honestly thinks we can beat Arsenal after our last few performances .....Im just hopeing we get that for we had at Chelsea and against united .

We always up our game against the bigger league teams, look at Chelsea and Man Utd - we easily outplayed United, and Chelsea had one shot on target ... at home.

Furthermore, our style of play will confuse Arsenal; we can play very fast and attacking or very slow and defending - very different from both Chelsea and Utd.

Arsenal seem to be very one-dimensional as of late, too. All we have to do is shackle Adebayor, Fabregas and Nasri and the game is ours.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #34: Dec 16, 2008 09:46:04 pm
      Furthermore, our style of play will confuse Arsenal; we can play very fast and attacking or very slow and defending - very different from both Chelsea and Utd.

I agree with this point but in a different way. Our style of play is what will give us the advantage. United and Chelsea both play flowing passing football or 'sexy' football. No team does this better than Arsenal so eventually they passed their way through to the box and finnished. Ok we have been playing some great football (except against Hull,very poor passing) this season but when we have to we are able to switch our style and dog out a result. Arsenal HATE that. They hate a team that plays 'ugly' football. Hull, Stoke, Fulham etc. all went out and frustrated them. For this game i think we will need Mascherano and Kuyt. They will run and annoy the Gunners for the full 90 mins. I think we have a very strong chance here but it's not going to be pretty!!!!!

I think it will be a 4-5-1 to outnumber them in mid field. We will need the wingers and the full backs bombing up the wings and sending loads of crosses into the box to pressure their shaky defense. Stoke showed that the Arsenal defense cannot deal with high balls into the box. This is where we need Sami, with his great headers. Alonso will need to play to keep the possesion and pass the ball along. Gerrard, no explaination needed really. Keane needs to play as a lone striker like it or not we need him to hold up the ball until Gerrard and Kuyt get there to help him out.

----------------------------------- Reina ------------------------------

Arbeloa-----=------ Carragher-------------- Hyppia -------------- Insua

-------------------Mascherano-----------Alonso------------------------

Kuyt-----------------------------------------------------------------Riera

-----------------------------------Gerrard---------------------------------

------------------------------------Keane---------------------------------
      « Last Edit: Dec 16, 2008 09:52:07 pm by The Kopite91 »
      Stevie G-ks
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #35: Dec 16, 2008 10:09:46 pm
      Any news for torres I hope to sea in Emirates :'(
      MsGerrard
      Reply #36: Dec 16, 2008 10:54:43 pm
      Any news for torres I hope to sea in Emirates :'(

I doubt very much if we'll see Nando until after Christmas..........certa inly don't want to bring him back to soon and risk him getting injured again.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #37: Dec 17, 2008 01:50:15 am
      Who can predict any of Rafa's teams as he picks his teams to not let goals in. Lately it hasn't been working as we seem to be leaking goals from the left side and last week if Rafa had played Agger and Insua I'm sure the result would have been a different one but hindsight is a wonderful thing as you cant be proved wrong. Whatever happens we need a win because of all the draws at home. Rafa keeps saying this is the best L'pool team he has worked with if that is so let's see them prove it and show a little aggression from the start and not wait until we are chasing the game...
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #38: Dec 17, 2008 02:26:25 am

:lmao:

No wonder you've got Gerrard with his face in his shirt as your avatar.  ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6735 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #39: Dec 17, 2008 06:51:05 am
      Big match this one...nerves already kicking in. I think we will win....it's a away from home for starters where we have done so well all season.

Rafa will definitely play 4-5-1...hopefully it's either Keane or I'd personally prefer Babel up top with Kuyt on the wing.

Masch to play a blinder on Cesc, Agger to come back into the side in his CB role with Insua as LB....

It's going to be tight but I think we'll sneak it 2-1...2 goals from Babel for me.....Come On You REDS
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #40: Dec 17, 2008 07:16:07 am

You're joking, correct?
      We beat Chelsea and ManUre, we can do Arsenal, too.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #41: Dec 17, 2008 08:15:56 am
      Absolutely no fear! Whats to be scared of? I doubt they have watched the premiership in the past 3 seasons.

I agree with alot of what Kopite91 is saying. We use 4-5-1 in defence and sort of a 4-3-3 in attack with Alby and Kuyt cutting in with Gerrard and Xabi in behind wth Masch sorting any counter by Arsenal.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #42: Dec 17, 2008 08:55:08 am
      We can win this UGLY, It don't matter to me as long as we win.

Somebody said earlier that they don't like it when the other team play UGLY. 100% agreed. Thats why we need Mascherano, Kuyt in the team. Stop them from playing the free flow football, play tough football and frustrate them. If our finishing are lethal, we might even stuff them.

My team

- Reina -

- Arbeloa - Carragher - Hyppia - Insua -

- Mascherano - Alonso -

- Kuyt -     Gerrard       - Riera -

- Keane -
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #43: Dec 17, 2008 09:36:55 am
      Riera ahead of the Arsenal game

"We've beaten United and Chelsea already this season so if we could now beat Arsenal maybe it would send a message out.

"It would be a good response to go and win against Arsenal after these draws.

"If we do that some might say we're doing it the hard way - beating the top teams and not those we might be expected to win against - but people forget this is a very competitive championship.

"We're still in a good position."

Meanwhile, Riera admits nerves have got the better of Liverpool during a run of three home stalemates.

"I think we've been more nervy than usual at Anfield," he said.

"Maybe there's been a lack of precision in some of our passing and maybe we've been trying to play quicker than we need to.

"We have to think about those things and improve.

"We are the first people to be disappointed and we understand why the supporters are.

"The only thing we can do now is continue working and make sure we win our next matches."

The 26-year-old added: "It's clear we're not happy drawing another match at home.

"Obviously it's a regret dropping points at home. If we hadn't drawn three successive games here maybe we'd be four or five points clear at the top, but we have to be positive.

"Against Hull I thought we started well but then found ourselves two goals down. We created a lot of chances and tried to score but it didn't work out.

"We were unlucky, because we could have gone in at half time winning despite going 2-0 down."
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #44: Dec 17, 2008 09:53:17 am
      Ok Uncle lets first focus on you taking on and beating your man this time around!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #45: Dec 17, 2008 10:05:43 am
      I'm a bit worried about this fixture to be honest.  We can't afford a draw by any means, never mind getting beat.

We need to pull our heads out of our arses and perform, cos' we won't be top for much longer if we carry on the way we are going!

Quick Reply