Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

why!!

Read 3719 times
      deathkiss
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 1 posts |
      why!!
      Mar 30, 2006 08:44:52 pm
      i've had enough to see each year the reds struggling to finish second to play the european champions league cos liverpoolfc is the greatest british team of all times and first in the premiership should be it's real place.i have nothing against  players coming from abroad,french,spanish,dannish but i hate to see each liverpool new coach bringing players from his country.priority should be given to players raised in the club cos after all the best players today are the native ones.stevie gerard,caragher and many others.a spanish cannot understand what a derby between liverpoolfc and everton or liverpoolfc and man united means.u can compare between the way jamie caragher and hyppia play,we always notice that jamie is ready to die on the pitch.what i mean is that liverpoolfc should play with 90 percent local players and 10 percent strangers.by the way am telling this tho am not british but algerian(north of africa)
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      why!!
      Reply #1: Mar 30, 2006 09:52:02 pm
      Death kiss - you're the f***in nuts....

;D
      Pablo
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts | -1 
      why!!
      Reply #2: Mar 30, 2006 10:14:13 pm
      The thing about managers is they can only speak a certain amount of languages and they need to be able to get their point across to the players, therefore when you have a french manager he prefers french players and english 'cos that's usually everyones second language . A Spanish manager would have Spanish and English players etc . etc .
        Now , mourhino ( can't be arsed learning how to spell his name ) is different 'cos he speaks 5 languages , so he can choose a wider range of nationalities because he can communicate fully with more people .
        Now about this derby thing ....are you seriously telling me that Xabi or Momo did not play their hearts out on Saturday ? Were you watching the same game as me ? Does that also mean that foreign fans do not understand what a derby means and the passions involved ?
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      why!!
      Reply #3: Mar 30, 2006 10:18:23 pm
      deathwish you've lost the plot!  ;D
      zen
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      why!!
      Reply #4: Mar 31, 2006 07:37:13 am
      who say we have only spanish player?

we are going to have a chilean, an argentinian (probably 2 :P), a brazilian, a handful spanish (last count was 5), 3 frenchmen (if you consider momo a frenchman, but I understand he's playing for mali?), 2 dutchmen, a german, a danish, a polish and the list goes on... of coz with the best english players in the squad too!
      Becko
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      why!!
      Reply #5: Mar 31, 2006 08:05:26 am
      If we had only english players then we would be in the first division. The club has not produced a great youth player since warnock and before that it was gerrard. Every football club need foreign players, it's the way football is. Eventually they'll all talk scouse like Jan Molby
      Cali Scouser
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      why!!
      Reply #6: Mar 31, 2006 12:00:29 pm
      a spanish cannot understand what a derby between liverpoolfc and everton or liverpoolfc and man united means.u can compare between the way jamie caragher and hyppia play,we always notice that jamie is ready to die on the pitch.

Last time I checked Hyypia wasn't English, either...  ;D

Rafa started with Spanish players last year because it was who he knew, but this year's signings are from all over.  And of the Spanish lads, Morientes has struggled and Josemi wasn't great, but I'll take Alonso, Garcia, and Reina whether they're Spanish, English, or from Mars.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      why!!
      Reply #7: Mar 31, 2006 01:21:35 pm
      I'll take Alonso !!!  But i don't think Mrs Alonso will let him go !! ;D
      DAVE P
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      why!!
      Reply #8: Apr 12, 2006 01:52:18 am
      MANAGERS BRING IN PLAYERS THEY HAVE AN IMMEDIATE KNOWLEDGE OF.

WITH HOULLIER HE TOOK IT TOO FAR.

RAFA'S SHOWN HES NOT GONNA PERSEVIERE WITH HIS SIGNINGS SPANISH OR NOT IF THEY DONT DELIVER.  ASK JOSEMI...OR MORIENTES WHO CURRENTLY HAS SPLINTERS IN HIS ARSE.

SOME OF THE HOME GROWN PLAYERS ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH.  WARNOCKS THE LAST TO COME THOUGH  AND HES NOT A WORLD BEATER HES ONLY EVER GOING TO BE COVER.

POTTER....HE'S AWFULL I DONT KNOW HOW HE GOT THROUGH THE ACADEMY HES SO BAD.  RAVEN AGAIN NOTHING WORHT A MENTION...THE ONLY ONE IS ANDERSSON AND WE BOUGHT HIM.  THE YOUTH ARE IN THE FA FINAL BUT IT'LL BE 2-3 YEARS BEFORE THIS CROP IS KNOCKING ON THE FIRST TEAMS DOOR I THINK.

AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED AS LONG AS THEY GIVE 100% IN THE RED JERSEY, AND REALISE HOW MUCH WE'D ALL PAY TO BE IN THERE POSISTION....AND THERE SKILLS WARRANT THEM WEARING IT....THEY CAN BE FROM f***in MARS.

Quick Reply