Trending Topics

Match of the Day

Read 140175 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,655 posts | 1775 
      Re: Match of the Day
      Reply #1525: Dec 12, 2016 06:29:45 pm
      Still struggling to see the point of Phil Neville. Player, coach, pundit - just f**king pointless.

A joke how he's on the bandwagon of that Class of 92. The only players that made it from that era were, Scholes, Becks and G.Neville, rest were average or crap, don't get why they associate P.Neville with them, absolute sh*t player at best.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,576 posts | 351 
      Reply #1526: Dec 13, 2016 03:05:24 pm
      The Neville or the Ne ville brothers have surely lost credibility. The Spanish debarkle exposed them.

This is the problem with Sky and MOTD. The pundits rattle away without any checks so a kind of "I'm always right disproportionate mentality" takes over.

Put them into the real world and expose them to reality of management and they can't understand why they get stuff wrong. It could just be that in real management you have to make decisions at the 'coal face'......not an hour after the match,  in the studio.
      RedPuppy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,283 posts | 1863 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1527: Dec 15, 2016 02:01:05 pm
      Just wonder why we were on 1st last night? I suspect it was only for Neville to say that he, in his opinion, was right?
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,617 posts | 944 
      Reply #1528: Dec 15, 2016 02:12:01 pm
      Just wonder why we were on 1st last night? I suspect it was only for Neville to say that he, in his opinion, was right?

Never watch it these days but apparently he called Ibrahimovic world class to which Shearer challenged and said no he's not, he was world class. To which moron features replies 'was world class, is world class. It's the same thing'.

Ermm no it isn't soft bollocks.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,642 posts | 2001 
      Reply #1529: Jan 01, 2017 11:17:14 pm
      Lawro seems even more miserable than ever tonight and Upson is boring as hell.

Thanks a lot MOTD. First chance I've had to watch a bit of football over the holidays and I have these two on.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,299 posts | 2881 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1530: Jan 01, 2017 11:25:57 pm
      Lawro seems even more miserable than ever tonight and Upson is boring as hell.

Thanks a lot MOTD. First chance I've had to watch a bit of football over the holidays and I have these two on.

I'm not sure he's on MOTD but speaking of commentators, tell you who pisses me off the most. It's that Jim Beglin bloke. Does this bloke remember he used to play for Liverpool? They way he is so biased towards other teams playing against us, makes me sick.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,158 posts | 446 
      Reply #1531: Jan 02, 2017 01:18:28 pm
      I'm not sure he's on MOTD but speaking of commentators, tell you who pisses me off the most. It's that Jim Beglin bloke. Does this bloke remember he used to play for Liverpool? They way he is so biased towards other teams playing against us, makes me sick.
      Used to be co commentator on the footie in the U.K on ITV but works for BT sport & NBC I believe & yeah he does my head in also.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum John Toshack

• 266 posts | 64 
      Reply #1532: Jan 04, 2017 01:08:22 pm
      Martin Keown summing up after the 2.2 at Sunderland "Liverpool are now 8 points behind Chelsea now" no we're not you f***in blurt😡 Sort your facts out Plug!!
      paulow63
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 50 
      Reply #1533: Jan 14, 2017 11:24:52 pm
      Andy Carroll flying volley, I tip my hat
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,508 posts | 4902 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1534: Nov 05, 2017 01:09:03 am
      I see Meat Loaf has made his first appearance this season on Match of the Day.

MsGerrard
      Reply #1535: Nov 05, 2017 02:25:50 pm
      ^^^ ha ha ha, fabulous FMS
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,857 posts | 1664 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1536: Nov 05, 2017 02:31:12 pm

Like a tw*t out of hell...
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,255 posts | 2356 
      Reply #1537: Nov 05, 2017 06:27:09 pm

Cos he would do anything for cash.........
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,029 posts | 883 
      Reply #1538: Dec 15, 2017 02:41:11 pm
      So I just watched MOTD.

Did anyone see the contact from Martial on Smith right before Lukaku's goal?

Shearer's comment: Adam Smith's moaning about a foul, there's no way that's a freekick, the referee gets that right.

There's 10 times more contact in that compared to Lovren who just put his hand up and didn't even push Calvert-Lewin. Yet that was a penalty in Shearer's opinion?

F**k right off you complete and utter c**t. It's bad enough that referees lack consistency in their decision making, but for a pundit to so blatantly judge situations like that completely different is beyond me.

Wether a foul happens inside or outside the box is (or at least it should be) irrelevant.

« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2017 05:16:39 pm by Danzel »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,221 posts | 2166 
      Reply #1539: Dec 15, 2017 04:58:38 pm
      So I just watched MOTD.

Did anyone see the contact from Martial on Smith right before Lukaku's goal?

Shearer's comment: Adam Smith's moaning about a foul, there's no way that's a freekick, the referee gets that right.

There's 10 times more contact in that compared to Lovren who just put his hand up and didn't even push Calvert-Lewin. Yet that was a penalty in Shearer's opinion?

F**k right off you complete and utter c**t. It's bad enough that referees lack consistency in their decision making, but for a pundit to so blatantly judge situations like that completely different is beyond me.

Wether a foul happens inside our outside the box is (or at least it should be) irrelevant.

Shearer is a proper c**t all right, but he's just one of many.
      It's like they get together to pursue a narrative (and often invent one) instead of just commenting on the game.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,508 posts | 4902 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1540: Jan 06, 2018 01:47:28 am
      Alan Shearer being a right proper c**t (again) but at least there's comedy to his cuntishness when attempting to push Peter Reid over to prove his opinion.

Shearer: 'You see when I push Peter...he doesn't just fall over'

Lineker: 'Well yeah that's because he's sitting down'.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,642 posts | 2001 
      Reply #1541: Oct 06, 2018 10:58:41 pm
      I'm amazed Jon Moss passes any fitness test for refs.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,508 posts | 4902 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1542: Oct 06, 2018 11:06:49 pm
      I'm amazed Jon Moss passes any fitness test for refs.

It's astonishing that he's refereeing at this level. Consistently 10 paces behind where he should be. I still maintain that his performance in that Liverpool v Spurs match back at the start of the year was one of the most embarrassing sights of last season. Two clubs playing  extremely fast paced football and you could see him physically huffing and puffing and trying desperately to slow parts of the game down just to catch his breath. It's no wonder he got so much wrong that day.

For a Football Association that tries desperately to show that it's modernised and with the modern game, the state of its referees proves that it hasn't and they don't come much worse than Jon Moss. I'd go as far to say that he shouldn't even be refereeing in the football league.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,642 posts | 2001 
      Reply #1543: Oct 06, 2018 11:10:01 pm
      It's astonishing that he's refereeing at this level. Consistently 10 paces behind where he should be. I still maintain that his performance in that Liverpool v Spurs match back at the start of the year was one of the most embarrassing sights of last season. Two clubs playing  extremely fast paced football and you could see him physically huffing and puffing and trying desperately to slow parts of the game down just to catch his breath. It's no wonder he got so much wrong that day.

For a Football Association that tries desperately to show that it's modernised and with the modern game, the state of its referees proves that it hasn't and they don't come much worse than Jon Moss. I'd go as far to say that he shouldn't even be refereeing in the football league.

He wouldn't look out of place in our Amateur League over here.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,857 posts | 1664 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1544: Oct 06, 2018 11:25:49 pm
      Those bald refs are the worst
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,873 posts | 471 
      Reply #1545: Dec 09, 2018 12:54:11 am
      Been ages since I bothered to watch MOTD, but today is special. Liverpool win. Man City lose. All that.

So, even stuck by to watch the Utd highlights which was the 3rd game.

The discussion following our match was rightly about Salah's offside goal, which was mistakenly allowed by the officials. But no discussion following the Utd game about 3 incidents that were iffy. Instead, they simply discussed Dalot, Lukaku... and moved on. How odd.

1) Mata looked offside when he played the ball in for Utd's 3rd goal. As they didn't bother with any replay, I can't say for sure, but looked 'close' like Salah.

2) Fulham penalty was a definite penalty - yet the commentator during the highlights made it sound like a mistake by the officials to give the penalty, claiming that Herrera got the ball, but he actually took out the player first.

3) Red card for the Fulham player when Utd were 3-1 up was a complete joke. Good tackle on Rashford, but Rashford reacted as if he had been assaulted, and the ref duly gave a 2nd yellow card.

But no mention of any of those points that were quite favourable to Utd.  :roll:
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,510 posts | 2555 
      Reply #1546: Jan 19, 2019 11:05:50 pm
      Have we played on match of the day yet?..
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,491 posts | 2290 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1547: Jan 19, 2019 11:12:35 pm
      Have we played on match of the day yet?..

Were 1st up.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,510 posts | 2555 
      Reply #1548: Jan 19, 2019 11:15:03 pm

Cheers mate.. 👍🏼
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,508 posts | 4902 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1549: Jan 20, 2019 12:09:48 am

My view doesn't change after today's performance. Another rank rotten unfit display from probably the worst referee in the game. The handball of Townsend and then the nerve to award Palace the free kick also confirms he's totally blind. Awarding fouls that were never even close to being fouls, missing cards that should have been cards. This wasn't just on our side, he missed plenty that would have and should have favoured Palace as well.

The fact that he referees at a professional level is a disgrace in itself. That he referees top Premier League games is an abhorrent stain on the refereeing culture in this country and of course on the FA itself, of which they wear many stains outwith their control of refereeing. 
      « Last Edit: Jan 20, 2019 12:15:05 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »

Quick Reply