Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Match of the Day

Read 208411 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Match of the Day
      Reply #1541: Oct 06, 2018 11:06:49 pm
      I'm amazed Jon Moss passes any fitness test for refs.

It's astonishing that he's refereeing at this level. Consistently 10 paces behind where he should be. I still maintain that his performance in that Liverpool v Spurs match back at the start of the year was one of the most embarrassing sights of last season. Two clubs playing  extremely fast paced football and you could see him physically huffing and puffing and trying desperately to slow parts of the game down just to catch his breath. It's no wonder he got so much wrong that day.

For a Football Association that tries desperately to show that it's modernised and with the modern game, the state of its referees proves that it hasn't and they don't come much worse than Jon Moss. I'd go as far to say that he shouldn't even be refereeing in the football league.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1542: Oct 06, 2018 11:10:01 pm
      It's astonishing that he's refereeing at this level. Consistently 10 paces behind where he should be. I still maintain that his performance in that Liverpool v Spurs match back at the start of the year was one of the most embarrassing sights of last season. Two clubs playing  extremely fast paced football and you could see him physically huffing and puffing and trying desperately to slow parts of the game down just to catch his breath. It's no wonder he got so much wrong that day.

For a Football Association that tries desperately to show that it's modernised and with the modern game, the state of its referees proves that it hasn't and they don't come much worse than Jon Moss. I'd go as far to say that he shouldn't even be refereeing in the football league.

He wouldn't look out of place in our Amateur League over here.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1543: Oct 06, 2018 11:25:49 pm
      Those bald refs are the worst
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1544: Dec 09, 2018 12:54:11 am
      Been ages since I bothered to watch MOTD, but today is special. Liverpool win. Man City lose. All that.

So, even stuck by to watch the Utd highlights which was the 3rd game.

The discussion following our match was rightly about Salah's offside goal, which was mistakenly allowed by the officials. But no discussion following the Utd game about 3 incidents that were iffy. Instead, they simply discussed Dalot, Lukaku... and moved on. How odd.

1) Mata looked offside when he played the ball in for Utd's 3rd goal. As they didn't bother with any replay, I can't say for sure, but looked 'close' like Salah.

2) Fulham penalty was a definite penalty - yet the commentator during the highlights made it sound like a mistake by the officials to give the penalty, claiming that Herrera got the ball, but he actually took out the player first.

3) Red card for the Fulham player when Utd were 3-1 up was a complete joke. Good tackle on Rashford, but Rashford reacted as if he had been assaulted, and the ref duly gave a 2nd yellow card.

But no mention of any of those points that were quite favourable to Utd.  :roll:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1545: Jan 19, 2019 11:05:50 pm
      Have we played on match of the day yet?..
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1546: Jan 19, 2019 11:12:35 pm
      Have we played on match of the day yet?..

Were 1st up.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1547: Jan 19, 2019 11:15:03 pm

Cheers mate.. 👍🏼
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1548: Jan 20, 2019 12:09:48 am

My view doesn't change after today's performance. Another rank rotten unfit display from probably the worst referee in the game. The handball of Townsend and then the nerve to award Palace the free kick also confirms he's totally blind. Awarding fouls that were never even close to being fouls, missing cards that should have been cards. This wasn't just on our side, he missed plenty that would have and should have favoured Palace as well.

The fact that he referees at a professional level is a disgrace in itself. That he referees top Premier League games is an abhorrent stain on the refereeing culture in this country and of course on the FA itself, of which they wear many stains outwith their control of refereeing. 
      « Last Edit: Jan 20, 2019 12:15:05 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1549: Jan 20, 2019 12:16:20 am
      My view doesn't change after today's performance. Another rank rotten unfit display from probably the worst referee in the game. The handball of Townsend and then the nerve to award Palace the free kick also confirms he's totally blind. Awarding fouls that were never even close to being fouls, missing cards that should have been cards. This wasn't just on our side, he missed plenty that would have and should have favoured Palace as well.

The fact that he referees at a professional level is a disgrace in itself. That he referees top Premier League games is an abhorrent stain on the refereeing culture in this country and of course on the FA itself, of which they wear many stains outwith their control of refereeing. 

Agree and we've talked about him before on here.

He looks like the type of ref you get at a local amateur league game.

Amazing he got to ref at this level and even more amazing he's still there.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #1550: Jan 20, 2019 12:34:12 am

Sure he is a good bloke and gets the beers in (and the pies by the looks of him)
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1551: Jan 20, 2019 11:33:41 am
      Sure he is a good bloke and gets the beers in (and the pies by the looks of him)

I noticed the pie factor too.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #1552: Jan 20, 2019 12:19:48 pm
      Alan Shearer being a right proper c**t (again) but at least there's comedy to his cuntishness when attempting to push Peter Reid over to prove his opinion.

Shearer: 'You see when I push Peter...he doesn't just fall over'

Lineker: 'Well yeah that's because he's sitting down'.

He is a pr**k with ears.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #1553: Jan 20, 2019 06:46:25 pm

Classic line from the wanderers by joey I think to the baldies !
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1554: Jan 26, 2019 09:02:13 pm
      You know how Evertonians are always moaning about always being last on motd well tonight they may be on first......
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1555: Feb 23, 2019 10:57:29 pm
      Just turned on MOTD.

Cannot bear listening to Paul Ince.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #1556: Feb 23, 2019 11:07:48 pm
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1557: Feb 28, 2019 06:45:59 pm
      When Salah was fouled and went down too easily for some people's liking Shearer made some strong remarks. Silva penalty was even softer and Shearer said it's a penalty. I've no idea if there's truth in the racism claims but should we even be watching MOTD anymore? I'm boycotting it from now on because the remarks about our players are too frustrating.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1558: Mar 01, 2019 08:24:45 am
      When Salah was fouled and went down too easily for some people's liking Shearer made some strong remarks. Silva penalty was even softer and Shearer said it's a penalty. I've no idea if there's truth in the racism claims but should we even be watching MOTD anymore? I'm boycotting it from now on because the remarks about our players are too frustrating.

Rib I love reading your post but you have brought paranoia to a new level.  :f_doh:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1559: Mar 01, 2019 12:52:13 pm
      I try to avoid it at all costs the pundits are simply awful and have their favourites like St Harry Kane of tottingham
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1560: Mar 01, 2019 01:55:31 pm
      Rib I love reading your post but you have brought paranoia to a new level.  :f_doh:

I remember Kane giving an interview after getting a soft penalty, and he said "If I feel contact, I'm entitled to go to ground".

Shearer of course, agreed with him.
      So, the slightest contact on Kane, and it's OK if he goes down, meanwhile Salah gets contact, and according to Shearer, he's a cheat.

Of course 'Arry Kane, is "one of our own" so he can do what he wants, but them dirty b***ard foreigners are ruining the game.

Or is Shearer just a Liverpool hater?

Who knows, but the hypocrisy is real.

Shearer's a c**t.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #1561: Mar 01, 2019 01:59:01 pm
      Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1562: Mar 01, 2019 02:49:19 pm
      I remember Kane giving an interview after getting a soft penalty, and he said "If I feel contact, I'm entitled to go to ground".

Shearer of course, agreed with him.
      So, the slightest contact on Kane, and it's OK if he goes down, meanwhile Salah gets contact, and according to Shearer, he's a cheat.

Of course 'Arry Kane, is "one of our own" so he can do what he wants, but them dirty b***ard foreigners are ruining the game.

Shearer's a c**t.

I was going to say a tw*t, but we're in the same ballpark.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1563: Mar 01, 2019 04:28:10 pm

Shearer's a c**t.

Well I know this much, I'm pretty sure he hates United  ;D

Quick Reply