Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Match of the Day

Read 208438 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Re: Match of the Day
      Reply #1564: Mar 01, 2019 04:45:38 pm
      ‘Arry Kane can do no wrong, the prince of the English game!!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1565: Mar 01, 2019 05:56:52 pm
      I was going to say a tw*t, but we're in the same ballpark.

It's not a word I particularly like, so I reserve it for the biggest cu*ts.
      It hits the spot  :laugh:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1566: Mar 01, 2019 06:11:30 pm
      Well I know this much, I'm pretty sure he hates United  ;D

Everyone does.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1567: Mar 01, 2019 09:28:12 pm
      Well I know this much, I'm pretty sure he hates United  ;D
      That's a load of garbage. He's constantly boasting United up along with the rest of BBC and Sky. He's got a strong hatred for Liverpool and isn't a neutral pundit.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1568: Mar 03, 2019 10:50:24 pm
      Jermaine Jenas  :lmao:

"What target did you set yourself for goals in a season".." 8 to 10" was the reply...never hit more then 6...clown
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1569: Mar 05, 2019 05:54:14 pm
      I remember Kane giving an interview after getting a soft penalty, and he said "If I feel contact, I'm entitled to go to ground".

Shearer of course, agreed with him.
      So, the slightest contact on Kane, and it's OK if he goes down, meanwhile Salah gets contact, and according to Shearer, he's a cheat.

Of course 'Arry Kane, is "one of our own" so he can do what he wants, but them dirty b***ard foreigners are ruining the game.

Or is Shearer just a Liverpool hater?

Who knows, but the hypocrisy is real.

Shearer's a c**t.

He's a hypocrite of the highest order. Always banging on about bad tackles etc when he was one of the dirtiest players around when he played.

There's a certain smugness on the show especially when Shearer and Murphy are on and I cannot bear listening to them anymore.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1570: Mar 05, 2019 06:07:17 pm
      He's a hypocrite of the highest order. Always banging on about bad tackles etc when he was one of the dirtiest players around when he played.

There's a certain smugness on the show especially when Shearer and Murphy are on and I cannot bear listening to them anymore.

The thing is, they're not even incisive in their summaries, they just spout sh*t straight from "The Big Book Of Football Cliches", and the worst thing is, some people actually listen to them.

It's just a jobs for the boys club.
      The women players make a lot more sense and can actually properly analyse a game.
      Of course Phil Neville just pops up then, repeats what they said, and expects the plaudits, F***ing gormless Igor mong that he is.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1571: Aug 18, 2019 01:16:21 am
      I don’t think motd even showed Spurs 1st goal in the analysis, they definitely didn’t comment on it..Ederson is brilliant but he was massively at fault for that goal. Seems there is a bit of a narrative just now that Citeh are peerless whereas liverpool, European champions who collected 97 points last season have loads of problems.
      Not really bothered tbh, happy for us to be under-estimated, just find it a bit bizarre
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1572: Apr 04, 2020 10:29:24 pm
      I have to admit I've been enjoying the MOTD Top Ten that the BBC have been broadcasting over the last few weeks.

I think being out of the hustle and bustle of football week in week out and not putting up with nonsense and bias from pundits has let me warm to it more than I normally would.

I've always had a bit of time for Ian Wright as well though.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1573: Apr 12, 2020 05:02:43 pm
      was watching a few of those motd 70's shows,absolute mud bath pitches,lads kicking 7 pounds of sh*t out of each other,first sunday games cos of the power strikes,spurs getting banned from europe,united getting relegated,Ipswich being good.Strange times.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1574: Apr 18, 2020 02:30:44 pm
      Not MOTD but watching FA Cup rewind on BBC 1 and probably reminded me where my dislike of Alan Parker came from. ;D
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1575: Apr 18, 2020 03:40:45 pm
       ???,trying to think of Alan Parker,closest i got was Pardew??
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1576: Apr 18, 2020 08:48:31 pm
      ???,trying to think of Alan Parker,closest i got was Pardew??

:lmao:

Damn autocorrect!!

Yep Parade indeed mate.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1577: Apr 18, 2020 09:12:40 pm

Damn autocorrect!!

Yep Parade indeed mate.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1578: Apr 18, 2020 09:17:26 pm

Bloody hell ;D

Pardew.

Alan F***ing Pardew.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1579: Apr 18, 2020 10:08:50 pm

Prog rock gobs***e!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1580: May 08, 2021 10:42:40 pm
      Not seen much of Chelsea on Tv but they look really good. Pace and skill in midfield over running the one paced City midfield.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1581: Aug 27, 2022 07:11:42 pm
      Should be a good watch tonite with all the goals scored today.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #1582: Aug 27, 2022 07:21:05 pm
      Should be a good watch tonite with all the goals scored today.

The nine that Liverpool scored will do nicely for starters Keith !
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1583: Aug 27, 2022 07:27:35 pm
      The nine that Liverpool scored will do nicely for starters Keith !

I’ll be watching them all David. Doesn’t matter how good/bad team is 9 goals takes some doing. Also looking forward to watching the beast play. Is he the next Alan Shearer?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1584: Aug 28, 2022 08:48:04 am
      Just watched the games this morning. Without doubt best result of the weekend you lot, yeah it was only Bournemouth and your expected to put 4/5 passed them not 9   ;D Fantastic come back after United smashing your backs in last week  :P

From a neutral prospective it’s nice seeing the best team rise up to the top, hopefully one day United can get back in that bracket.  :lmao:

On to Premier champions elect ( and it’s only August  :f_doh: ) With the second best manager in the world at the club be prepared for a possible challenge at going undefeated in the league, yes there that good.  :f_doh:

Haaland is already the talking point ( and quite rightly) and it’s only been 3 games. I know we still have doubters on here because you don’t think he gets much of the ball.

WARNING You better hope it stays that way ( it won’t ) coz if he starts to get more of the ball there’s only one outcome! More goals. His acceleration is all to clear to see, his movement off the ball the way he opens up space is incredible, honesty it really is.

He goes through defenders like a hot knife does through butter. Frightening thing he can score with both feet and with his head not forgetting with such accuracy. Basically I think we’re all fcuked, going to be frustrating to watch as we’d all like him in our team.

I ask myself are we seeing the next Alan Shearer ? If he stays in our league with limited injuries he could well take his coveted title of scoring the most premier league goals.

Can’t say I’ve really enjoyed writing this but it’s based just on what I see on the pitch. Think I need to buy some rose tints and argue he never touches the ball much.   ;D
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #1585: Aug 28, 2022 03:29:11 pm
      Just watched the games this morning. Without doubt best result of the weekend you lot, yeah it was only Bournemouth and your expected to put 4/5 passed them not 9   ;D Fantastic come back after United smashing your backs in last week  :P

From a neutral prospective it’s nice seeing the best team rise up to the top, hopefully one day United can get back in that bracket.  :lmao:

On to Premier champions elect ( and it’s only August  :f_doh: ) With the second best manager in the world at the club be prepared for a possible challenge at going undefeated in the league, yes there that good.  :f_doh:

Haaland is already the talking point ( and quite rightly) and it’s only been 3 games. I know we still have doubters on here because you don’t think he gets much of the ball.

WARNING You better hope it stays that way ( it won’t ) coz if he starts to get more of the ball there’s only one outcome! More goals. His acceleration is all to clear to see, his movement off the ball the way he opens up space is incredible, honesty it really is.

He goes through defenders like a hot knife does through butter. Frightening thing he can score with both feet and with his head not forgetting with such accuracy. Basically I think we’re all fcuked, going to be frustrating to watch as we’d all like him in our team.

I ask myself are we seeing the next Alan Shearer ? If he stays in our league with limited injuries he could well take his coveted title of scoring the most premier league goals.

Can’t say I’ve really enjoyed writing this but it’s based just on what I see on the pitch. Think I need to buy some rose tints and argue he never touches the ball much.   ;D
      Great big size 14 shiny Golden Boot already decided I fear
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1586: Aug 28, 2022 03:31:51 pm
      Great big size 14 shiny Golden Boot already decided I fear

If true a nice return at 3/1  ;D

Quick Reply