Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Match of the Day

Read 209146 times
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,165 posts | 514 
      Re: Match of the Day
      Reply #1587: Aug 29, 2022 04:00:05 pm
      Just watched the games this morning. Without doubt best result of the weekend you lot, yeah it was only Bournemouth and your expected to put 4/5 passed them not 9   ;D Fantastic come back after United smashing your backs in last week  :P

From a neutral prospective it’s nice seeing the best team rise up to the top, hopefully one day United can get back in that bracket.  :lmao:

On to Premier champions elect ( and it’s only August  :f_doh: ) With the second best manager in the world at the club be prepared for a possible challenge at going undefeated in the league, yes there that good.  :f_doh:

Haaland is already the talking point ( and quite rightly) and it’s only been 3 games. I know we still have doubters on here because you don’t think he gets much of the ball.

WARNING You better hope it stays that way ( it won’t ) coz if he starts to get more of the ball there’s only one outcome! More goals. His acceleration is all to clear to see, his movement off the ball the way he opens up space is incredible, honesty it really is.

He goes through defenders like a hot knife does through butter. Frightening thing he can score with both feet and with his head not forgetting with such accuracy. Basically I think we’re all fcuked, going to be frustrating to watch as we’d all like him in our team.

I ask myself are we seeing the next Alan Shearer ? If he stays in our league with limited injuries he could well take his coveted title of scoring the most premier league goals.

Can’t say I’ve really enjoyed writing this but it’s based just on what I see on the pitch. Think I need to buy some rose tints and argue he never touches the ball much.   ;D

No way they go undefeated in the league Keith, yes they are good and Haaland is one hell of a player but they will not go unbeaten.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1588: Aug 29, 2022 04:04:01 pm
      No way they go undefeated in the league Keith, yes they are good and Haaland is one hell of a player but they will not go unbeaten.

Not saying it will for sure just that if they did I wouldn’t be that surprised.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,016 posts | 2089 
      Reply #1589: Aug 29, 2022 04:04:14 pm

5 goals conceded in their last two games hints at a delicate defence. Quite simply the only way to take Man City on is to blitzkrieg them to submission. 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1590: Aug 29, 2022 04:06:52 pm
      5 goals conceded in their last two games hints at a delicate defence. Quite simply the only way to take Man City on is to blitzkrieg them to submission. 

That’s quite right Frankly and their only weakness that I can see. Problem is they can score 100 goals this year so will make up for their defensive issues.

Quick Reply