Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

What's wrong with Stevie?

Read 3444 times
      LFC_FOREVA
      • Forum Barry Venison
      • Started Topic

• 161 posts |
      Oct 23, 2006 10:47:16 am
      I know we can't rely on one player to change a squad.
      But yesterday stevie was abysmal.

He looked like he had somethig on his mind.

Rumour has it that he is considering a transfer.... to be honest he has such quality and with liverpool in the state theyre in now....i agree with him.

He would be the biggest traitor ever to leave liverpool. But why was his perfomance soo....average...not even average it was awfull.

His name was hardly metioned... i forgot he was on the pitch. When his name was mentioned he had hit a ball a mile wide.

We need some answers or the good old stevie back  :D !
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #1: Oct 23, 2006 11:44:47 am
      You could see how pissed off stevie G was.

For F**k sake Rafa, play Stevie in the Middle.  Otherwise we are going to lose him.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #2: Oct 23, 2006 12:16:39 pm
      He played in the middle last week and his head still looked battered, I dont know whats wrong with Stevie but its not 'cos he's not playing in the centre of the park. Although playin him on the left never helped any one! I dont know where that idea came from!
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #3: Oct 23, 2006 01:06:19 pm
      i hope he wont go or ill be annoyed i bet u if united got offered a deal to take gerrard tomorro for £40 mill they would snap rafas hand off
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #4: Oct 23, 2006 04:04:00 pm
      I dont want to get rid of Stevie by any stretch of the imagination, but I wouldnt be supprised if Rafa cashed in on him. We say £40m but I think a few clubs would break the bank to land him and with the Chavs in the picture I think we would be looking closer to £50m.
      We're all on a downer a the minuate, its not just yestersday result but the poor start to the season. We will improve and that starts now with a win against whats a decent Reading side in the league cup and six points in the next 2 Prem games, also being the first side to beat Villa
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: Oct 23, 2006 04:15:37 pm
      Something is definatly on Stevie's mind.
      I would NEVER cash in for Gerrard, just... if anyone has read the book, the last time he was 'awful' for us is when his parents were splitting up.
      Maybe problems off the pitch is effecting him on the pitch also.
      Hope he's alright.
      LFC_FOREVA
      • Forum Barry Venison
      • Started Topic

• 161 posts |
      Reply #6: Oct 23, 2006 05:00:35 pm
      Quote from: "Boot"
      You could see how pissed off stevie G was.

For f**k sake Rafa, play Stevie in the Middle.  Otherwise we are going to lose him.

Even if stevie was pissed off about playin a winger, he wouldnt be protesting in a match he personally had to win after what he had said in his book.
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #7: Oct 23, 2006 05:02:47 pm
      the problem with stevie is the same problem with all us supporters how many of you were smiling and laughing when the 2nd goal went in coz he certainly didnt look the way he did at the start of the game compared to the end.

I dont know where you get the idea that he is ready to go or that rafa is ready to cash in on him we are having a bad time at the mo and the last thing we need is us supporters getting on everyones back.

Am not saying we should just accept things the way are and say oh i dont matter far from it but i do honestly believe that the world cup and the international breaks have affected us more than it has other clubs and dont forget most of our players have been non stop for nearly 2 years.

I  think that starting last season in june hasnt helped coz straight after was the world cup then straight into pre-season friendlys am not saying that is the problem but i do think that it has had an adverse effect on us.

There isn't alot we can do about it now the season has started and it wont end unitl may so all we can do as supporters is hope that things do get better and get behind the team we now have 4 home games on the bounce so hopefully a bit of confidence is restored and we can get bck to winning ways asap.
      raymartin01
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #8: Oct 26, 2006 10:20:21 am
      From what I've seen posted elsewhere, the lad's got problems at home, and they're clearly affecting his play.
      lucouk
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 86 posts | -1 
      Reply #9: Oct 26, 2006 03:02:43 pm
      Read my post red fans all will be revield :cry:
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #10: Oct 26, 2006 11:30:52 pm
      Steven Gerrard has again insisted he is more than happy to continue doing a job for Rafael Benitez on the right side of Liverpool's midfield.  
      Gerrard's position in the Reds' line-up has again been the subject of much debate over recent days following Liverpool's poor Premiership performance at Old Trafford.

But with Benitez insisting earlier this week that he sees his skipper continuing on the right, Gerrard admits he's happy to do whatever job is required for the good of the club.

"The position is not the issue," he said. "When you are a young player breaking through you want to play in your favourite position, you are desperate to get into the team.

"But I am 26 now, I have to think of the team first. If the manager needs me to do a job on the right or the left I have got to accept it.

"He knows where I would like to play but I also understand that there is a job to be done for the team and I need to do what the manager wants me to do.

"I have heard he has said the order of priority is "team, club, supporters, players" and I agree with that. It is not about individual players, it is about the team.

"Last season we finished third in the league and we got 82 points, a club record, and we won the FA Cup. And 75% of the time I played on the right."

Gerrard is also confident his best form is just around the corner after admitting to being frustrated with his displays so far this season.

"There has always been pressure on me since I have become captain of Liverpool and I can understand the criticism and take it on the chin," he added.

"I know I am not playing at the standard I want to play at but I feel as if my best form is only around the corner. A little fluky goal or a big performance will turn my form around.

"I know I am a good player and good players have dips in form. And that is happening at the moment.

"Certain people expect me to go out every game and be man of the match and score from 30 yards, but it is impossible to do that at the level we are playing at. It's really difficult.

"I also understand when I am not playing to my own standards, and I can take the stick when it comes my way.

"I've had a couple of dips in form in my career so far, but this is the first one since Rafael Benitez has taken over.

"I had a couple of dips in form under Gerard Houllier and I came back a better player and a stronger character for it. Hopefully I will do the same again.

"I know my best form is just around the corner, I can feel it coming back in training."
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #11: Oct 27, 2006 06:57:25 am
      Sorry folks a bit behind there just been reading the rest of the comments :?

Lets hope it is a load of bull and Stevie gets back to doing what he does best and that is leading us to Glory ;)
      lucouk
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 86 posts | -1 
      Reply #12: Oct 27, 2006 10:51:39 am
      I hope it is a load of bull, but there is something eating away at my stomach, and after i got told the rumeours i couldnt believe it, it was like a bad dream.

I hope steve doesnt go, i wana see him in 20 years time as the manager of our squad!!
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #13: Oct 27, 2006 01:38:49 pm
      gerrard has problems at home
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #14: Oct 27, 2006 01:39:44 pm
      Quote from: "liverpaul"
      the problem with stevie is the same problem with all us supporters how many of you were smiling and laughing when the 2nd goal went in coz he certainly didnt look the way he did at the start of the game compared to the end.

I dont know where you get the idea that he is ready to go or that rafa is ready to cash in on him we are having a bad time at the mo and the last thing we need is us supporters getting on everyones back.

Am not saying we should just accept things the way are and say oh i dont matter far from it but i do honestly believe that the world cup and the international breaks have affected us more than it has other clubs and dont forget most of our players have been non stop for nearly 2 years.

I  think that starting last season in june hasnt helped coz straight after was the world cup then straight into pre-season friendlys am not saying that is the problem but i do think that it has had an adverse effect on us.

There isn't alot we can do about it now the season has started and it wont end unitl may so all we can do as supporters is hope that things do get better and get behind the team we now have 4 home games on the bounce so hopefully a bit of confidence is restored and we can get bck to winning ways asap.

You're absolutley right mate, we can't be getting on the players and managers back already.
      We've still got about 80 - 90 points to play for, for fucks sake.
      Can easily be turned around.
      I don't care if we don't win the league this season, just closing the gap even smaller will give my judgement of the season a 'thumbs up'
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #15: Oct 27, 2006 01:57:30 pm
      Quote from: "liverpaul"

the first paraghraph caught my eye couldent have put it better my-self
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,258 posts | 8579 
      Whats wrong with Gerrard
      Reply #16: Oct 27, 2006 09:09:56 pm
      I've heard loads of rumours this week about gerrard and most of them aren't doing his missus any favours!!!

Nows the time to show are support, a few lads I know who go everywhere have been telling me today he's off to madrid in january, they know some of his family etc!!!

Personally i'm not going for any of this sh*t, what with the shithouse on the board, the vultures have been circling over L4 this week trying to rake up any old crap about us - don't believe the bas**rds (the media)

Oh and a by the way - anyone see that cheeky c**t from Sly sports news at rafa's press conference today "Some fans have been calling you rafa rotation" - those fans!! probably a couple of southern nobs from your studio - per chance?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #17: Oct 27, 2006 09:20:51 pm
      Stevie G's no angel......heard from a very very very good source !!   ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,258 posts | 8579 
      Stevie
      Reply #18: Oct 27, 2006 09:39:21 pm
      Probably isn't an angel, but from what I've heard he's not exactly the guilty party in this one, still looks a moody f**ker and - is also more the quiet type
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #19: Oct 27, 2006 09:44:44 pm
      it's clear something is playing on Stevies mind, he just isnt his usual self he jus layed down and died against utd, and that aint at all like him he usually gives his all in every game.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Stevie
      Reply #20: Oct 27, 2006 09:51:20 pm
      Quote from: "HUYTON RED"
      Probably isn't an angel, but from what I've heard he's not exactly the guilty party in this one, still looks a moody f**ker and - is also more the quiet type

He's regulary the guilty party, and its not just a passing fancy if you know what i mean....  ;)
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #21: Oct 27, 2006 11:54:30 pm
      all i can say is i'll believe it when i see it he aint goin nowhere
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #22: Oct 28, 2006 10:08:02 am
      Never said he was going anywhere, just that all the blame shouldnt be put on his missus, he's just as bad...... But who cares as long as he scores goals for the reds ?     :D

Quick Reply