Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Ross Kemp On Gangs - in Liverpool

Read 9436 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Ross Kemp On Gangs - in Liverpool
      Jan 06, 2009 11:57:19 pm
      Who watched it then?

Quite depressing to see such a programme in the place you come from. It really is sad to see so much hatred between two sets of people for no real apparent reason.

Scumbags.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Re: Ross Kemp On Gangs - in Liverpool
      Reply #1: Jan 07, 2009 12:06:53 am
      Them nobends kicking that dog pissed me off.

Scarpered quick though when that one fat copper turned up. 

Shitbags.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #2: Jan 07, 2009 12:14:10 am
      Actually I'm quite a liberal person in general but when it comes to crime and punishment I'd say I was horrifically right wing.

Might not be pleasant but if the police decided to round all these Croxteth and Norris Green wankers up one night and lashed them all in one big cell accidentally leaving a cache of weapons I wouldn't lose any sleep.

More realistically its obvious that these kids must have some pretty shitty parental figures.  They need to bear some financial penalty.  Kids out after curfew - come in and take away their 50" plasma telly - that kind of thing.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #3: Jan 07, 2009 10:44:23 am
      Watched it, what amazed me is no one gave explanation of why they hate each other so much they want to kill each other.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #4: Jan 07, 2009 12:46:09 pm
      Watched it, what amazed me is no one gave explanation of why they hate each other so much they want to kill each other.

Pretty sure one of the clowns answered when asked that qiuestion " cos its gangs innit." What? Look theres gangs in every city in the world who shoot and kill each other but most of them are over drugs or territory for selling drugs this appears to be just 2 gangs who dont even know why they hate each other

By the way as Ive said this problem is in every city but the thing that caught me was hearing for £50 you can buy a gun in Liverpool. Thats frightening 
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #5: Jan 07, 2009 04:09:01 pm
      When I was growing up there was always frictions with gangs between Nogsy and Crocky. But it was mainly to do with the school I went to and the school in Croxteth.

It's nothing new, it's just that the hatred has gone out of control and there only seems to be two main gangs now. But ironically a lot of these lads went to the same school and it's where you come from which has taken over. That's how times have changed.

Years ago there used to be a few different gangs potted about around the two areas. But on the whole, most of them kept to themselves and weren't into anything badly shady.

It's just gone too far these days though and I'd guess there isn't anything anyone can do about it. The best thing to do now is make sure the younger kids don't follow the footsteps. Easier said than done though.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,005 posts | 3351 
      Reply #6: Jan 07, 2009 04:49:52 pm
      I watched it and thought it was just another excuse for the television companies to show Liverpool in a bad light.

As for the programme itself the two gangs didn't seem to have any reason for the hatred other than they came from the other side of the road. I don't live up in that area so don't know how often the scraps are, but it looked like total cahos that the coppers have no control over. Then they have to mention Toxteth (my home area and a place I'm proud of) and the troubles we've had in recent years, but Toxteth's reputation still comes before anything else which pisses me off. Talking to Steven French, who ran Toxteth and most of the city during his prime with his "taxing" of drugs.

Anybody else notice the reggae music before talking about Liam Kelly's death on Grafton St, Toxteth. Again that pisses me off, because Toxteth has a large black population, they have to use raggae music. I do find it pathetic when they do things like that.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #7: Jan 07, 2009 05:00:40 pm
      I used to live in the area what a disgrace,there are a lot of good people around but not them SCUM,lowlife is to kind a word for them they will get whats comming.
      Shows Liverpool in a bad light yet again.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #8: Jan 07, 2009 05:58:03 pm
      There was one in London too, it's pretty bad all over major cities.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #9: Jan 07, 2009 06:17:28 pm
      There was one in London too, it's pretty bad all over major cities.

Indeed.  I think Nottingham and Manchester are also worse for knife and gun crime.

If you're not a gang member and just a regular law abiding citizen then Liverpool is probably one of the safest cities in the UK.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #10: Jan 07, 2009 07:25:59 pm
      It's bad in most major cities not just Liverpool.

Here in Sheffield, some parts of the east side can get pretty rough and the gangs over in the east get in the local papers every week with either stabbings, shootings etc.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #11: Jan 07, 2009 07:39:36 pm
      Watched it last night and thought it was nothing new.

17 and 18 year olds acting up in front of the cameras, just like that panorama programme on BBC.

Funny how in the echo today there is a piece about the programme offering people money to appear and it wouldn't be the first time, even though Sky have denied this it did happen when they did that special down in London.

Oh and Jacqui Smith didn't exactly fill me with any confidence, talk sbout David Brent-style speak!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,005 posts | 3351 
      Reply #12: Jan 08, 2009 12:00:00 am
      Oh and Jacqui Smith didn't exactly fill me with any confidence, talk sbout David Brent-style speak!

She was asked by Ross Kemp specifically about the Rhys Jones incident but decided to generalise it as if every incident involving guns is like Rhys'.

You're not the only one who wasn't filled with confidence either mate, but then again what else should we expect from a politician?
      Liverpool_babe
      • Forum John Toshack

• 275 posts |
      • So maybe not our year... I still love LFC!
      Reply #13: Aug 13, 2009 06:07:20 am
      I actually watched this, I was shocked at the way there was so much hate and for what?... :(
      I want to throw them all into a good school, with some good strong parental figures and see the turn around...

Quick Reply