Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

"Big Team" squad values

Read 9083 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      "Big Team" squad values
      Jan 08, 2009 04:18:55 am
      Well, well, well ...

You'd expect the squad with the highest value to be top of the League, wouldn't you? After all, why pay all that money for players if they can't perform?

#     Team                            Value
      #1 - Chelsea FC                    €386.7m / ~£380.4m
      #2 - Manchester United FC    €386.2m / ~£380m
      #3 - Liverpool FC                  €301.05m / ~£297m
      #4 - Arsenal FC                    €246.85m / ~£242.5m

And just for the crack, let's put Villa and Everton in:

#5 - Everton FC                   â‚¬150.93m / ~£147.5m
      #6 - Aston Villa FC               â‚¬132.5m / ~£130m

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/wettbewerb/GB1/premier-league/uebersicht/startseite.html

Funny, ain't it? :laugh:

Got bored and had a look at the other "European Titans", too:

#1 - FC Barcelona                 â‚¬396.7m / ~£391m   
      #2 - Real Madrid CF               â‚¬371m / ~£367m
      #3 - Internazionale Milan       â‚¬343.1m / ~£339.5m
      #4 - AC Milan                        €328.9 / ~£325.8m
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2009 04:44:35 am by Reslivo »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: "Big Team" squad values
      Reply #1: Jan 08, 2009 07:04:03 am
      So RAFA is not doing a bad job after all,it makes it more important that the owners get his contract sorted out pronto.
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #2: Jan 08, 2009 09:13:18 am
      £83m behind Manure - that's 2/3 world class players.  And they're behind us?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #3: Jan 08, 2009 11:54:14 am
      You'd think it would be impossible to compete with two teams who each have squads worth over £80 million more than ours, but it just goes to show that football is much more complicated than that! I've stated in the past that money is important - it's a crucial part of building a quality team - but there is more to the game than that!

Chelsea are a great example of money being a part of success, but not a guarantee of it. When you put together a squad of famous, big-named (and, more often than not, extremely egotistical) players, they can play some wonderful football. When everything was going their way, Chelsea were close to unbeatable. However, knock their confidence a bit, a few poor results, and the egos clash and the results go out of the window.

Aside from big names, of which we have a few, Liverpool has a tremendous spirit, and players rarely clash on or off the pitch. This has shown this season, with our great comebacks and grinding out of results, and I hope our battling, never-say-die will to win is rewarded at the end of the season with the silverware we merit.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #4: Jan 08, 2009 01:03:59 pm
      Moved this in to The Kop board.

Interesting valuations there on some of our players.

Pepe valued at 14.4 million
      Carra at 17 million
      Gerrard at 43 million
      Pennant at 8 million
      Torres at 38 million
      Insua at 560,000 ?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #5: Jan 08, 2009 01:04:51 pm
      Also it ranks Voronin as £6 million.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #6: Jan 08, 2009 01:38:22 pm
      Just proves all this money talk is a load of sh*te!

What you need is a good manager and a mix of stars and those prepared to graft.

Those allstar type teams always F**k-up when they come up against a team prepared to fight.

I bet none of the German teams are prepared to pay six million for soft lad Voronin are they!
      Kopite09
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts |
      Reply #7: Jan 08, 2009 02:40:42 pm
      Moved this in to The Kop board.

Interesting valuations there on some of our players.

Pepe valued at 14.4 million
      Carra at 17 million
      Gerrard at 43 million
      Pennant at 8 million
      Torres at 38 million
      Insua at 560,000 ?

what ? how can insua be worth that little are you sure it wasnt 5,600,000 because there has always been teams intrested in him and he has always performed well for us in the reserves and its not like he plays poor when he plays for argentina i think its safe to say if we were to ever sell insua ( which i hope we dont) we will get alot more money than this !
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #8: Jan 08, 2009 04:16:43 pm
      what ? how can insua be worth that little are you sure it wasnt 5,600,000 because there has always been teams intrested in him and he has always performed well for us in the reserves and its not like he plays poor when he plays for argentina i think its safe to say if we were to ever sell insua ( which i hope we dont) we will get alot more money than this !

He's only just begun to get games for us - a player's valuation won't go up if he isn't consistent in his performances.

As he's only had 7 games so far, there's no telling whether or not he is consistent.

Plus he's only 19.
      Kopite09
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts |
      Reply #9: Jan 08, 2009 04:20:41 pm
      He's only just begun to get games for us - a player's valuation won't go up if he isn't consistent in his performances.

As he's only had 7 games so far, there's no telling whether or not he is consistent.

Plus he's only 19.
      usually being younger increases your value i can think of plenty of 19 year olds that would be worth a lot more and it doesnt matter how many games hes had with us hes proven his quality with argentina and boca already
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #10: Jan 08, 2009 04:27:53 pm
      usually being younger increases your value i can think of plenty of 19 year olds that would be worth a lot more and it doesnt matter how many games hes had with us hes proven his quality with argentina and boca already

That doesn't matter. Boca Juniors and Argentina U19's are hardly high-profile sides.

You have to keep in mind that as much as we know he's a quality left-back, others don't - so his valuation will not be high just yet.

Plus, he's mostly been in the reserves with us, and other teams will be saying, "they won't ask for that much for him then".

Rafa would probably stick a £15m price-tag on him anyway if clubs were interested.
      mormarijn
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      Reply #11: Jan 08, 2009 04:43:36 pm
      #1 - FC Barcelona                 â‚¬396.7m / ~£391m   
      #2 - Real Madrid CF               â‚¬371m / ~£367m

Haha, always thought Real Madrid had the highest value, but it's that Catalonian arse team haha ;D (not to insult fans of Barca, but I just hate both these teams; I hate Barca as much as Real, I prefer Villarreal (divide the values of Barca and Real by two or more and you have the value of Villarreal I guess)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #12: Jan 08, 2009 04:44:34 pm
      Well, well, well. In previous years we've finished behind the likes of United and Chelsea, the excuse is always "we can't compete with their money" which is obviously sh*te because we can. I've always said I don't believe money as a viable excuse, been slaughtered for saying such things by certain members on here.

Money doesn't win football matches, FACT.
      mormarijn
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      Reply #13: Jan 08, 2009 04:49:12 pm
      Well, well, well. In previous years we've finished behind the likes of United and Chelsea, the excuse is always "we can't compete with their money" which is obviously sh*te because we can. I've always said I don't believe money as a viable excuse, been slaughtered for saying such things by certain members on here.

Very true, especially here in the Netherlands. Ajax has by far the highest squad value, but they often play as sh*te... but not as sh*te as PiSVee (PSV) or Feijenooit (Feyenoord)
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #14: Jan 08, 2009 04:56:03 pm

Ex-player Richard Money says "You made me sad DLS, I always tried my best"

Bowlesy88
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 200 posts |
      Reply #15: Jan 08, 2009 04:56:46 pm
      be interresting to compare the value of the top 4 teams in each league, as prem always does well CL is that the money? well barca are ahead of us in that repect. Is it the top managers we have, as much as i hate SAF u gotta admit hes a good manger, same with Arsene n Big Phil. I reckon its the way we play the game, fast n physical, to simplfiy, the italeins cant keep up, n the spainash just get pushed off the ball. the only other compareable team in europe is bayern Muinch but id doubt their more than £200 million
      red kop
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | -8 
      Reply #16: Jan 08, 2009 05:19:39 pm
      Rafa is doing a fantastic job building a winning team . we got the right players at lfc , the understanding on and of the pitch is just brilliant . Players just need more games , we havent seen the best of these guys yet but we soon will , so keep your heads up and stand proud and let rafa bring home the silverware cos its time to shine , got the feeling glory days are comming back to anfield . long live the mighty reds
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #17: Jan 08, 2009 05:21:23 pm
      Ex-player Richard Money says "You made me sad DLS, I always tried my best"

During all 17 games eh Dicky?
      dazsuggs
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #18: Jan 08, 2009 05:32:57 pm
      some i agree with some i don't i personally like to see the young lads coming through and doin well look at Gerrard and carra they cost us nowt yet they are 2 of our most consistant performers money can buy the best but it don't guarantee they gunna perform we seen it time and again over the years but then you look at what players like Alonso and Pepe have cost us and its a drop in the ocean compared to some
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #19: Jan 08, 2009 06:28:59 pm
      That doesn't matter. Boca Juniors and Argentina U19's are hardly high-profile sides.

Tell that to Maradona and the thousands of Boca fans. One of the biggest teams in Argentina Res!
      Kopite09
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts |
      Reply #20: Jan 08, 2009 10:05:50 pm
      Tell that to Maradona and the thousands of Boca fans. One of the biggest teams in Argentina Res!
      got there before me mate
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #21: Jan 08, 2009 11:11:57 pm
      Hardly as prolific as Liverpool though, are they?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #22: Jan 08, 2009 11:21:33 pm
      Hardly as prolific as Liverpool though, are they?

In terms of domestic football they are.

Quick Reply