Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Rafa launches Fergie attack

Read 26594 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: Rafa launches Fergie attack
      Reply #207: Jan 12, 2009 03:58:10 pm
      Is anyone else sick of the media going on about it?

Old news.

As long as we are in the title race they will always be playing this up and if things are close when we got to OT in March they will b playing this card overboard. It is what the media does.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #208: Jan 12, 2009 04:30:35 pm
      Agree 100% with what Rafa said, I just hope we do not fu%k up this weekend now, other wise he/we will look stupid. Fuc%erson has not replied either, he is taking the "high" ground or he knows Rafa is right, (which he is). Still awaiting on the FA to reply...will Rafa being called in to explain the accusations of favoritism, if not, then do they accept his call?

As I said!!!
      When ever show show balls it always bits us back in the ar$e. We know Rafa is right, they know Rafa is right, but Rafa has committed the unwritten rule...speaking out against the FA and Ferguson.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #209: Jan 12, 2009 04:49:34 pm
      As I said!!! ?
      When ever show show balls it always bits us back in the ar$e. We know Rafa is right, they know Rafa is right, but Rafa has committed the unwritten rule...speaking out against the FA and Ferguson.
      The FA ,Gill and Ferguson are as thick as f***in thieves and they're havin everyone off ,how the F**k do they get away with it
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #210: Jan 12, 2009 04:56:11 pm
      The FA ,Gill and Ferguson are as thick as f***in thieves and they're havin everyone off ,how the f**k do they get away with it
      'Cos they make the rules, which are always open to interpretation, their interpretation.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #211: Jan 12, 2009 05:00:39 pm
      As I said!!!

Why the **ck should it be an "unwritten rule" to speak out against Taggart and his rule bending colleagues? The way I see it is, Raffa has bigger cojones than all the other premiership managers and that's exactly why I'm so proud to have him as ours...

In every area of football the scummers have either a Rule bender or Bully..

1) Shreck: Refs tip toe around Wazza almost like there scared to upset him.
      2) Taggart: Nlp's (mind controls) Referees and the media on a regular basis.
      3) David Gill: He's just a Masonic string puller.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #212: Jan 12, 2009 07:38:20 pm
      Well done Rafa, keep it up i'm  well chuffed and extremely proud of you.IRWT
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Rafa highlights David Gill role
      Reply #213: Jan 13, 2009 10:40:02 am
      Daily Mail running a mini-story about Rafa having another crack at United.

I assume these are fresh comments - but the Mail is a little vague on it all.

"They were saying we are a threat. Now they know we are, they are playing mind games. But when you have control of everything and your chief executive is powerful in the FA and things like this, then that is not mind games.

"Is there a conflict of interest with David Gill at the FA? That is another fact. It is a fact that one person has a lot of power and control, and is on a lot of committees in the FA. To me that is very strange."
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #214: Jan 13, 2009 10:43:11 am
      Daily Mail running a mini-story about Rafa having another crack at United.

I assume these are fresh comments - but the Mail is a little vague on it all.

"They were saying we are a threat. Now they know we are, they are playing mind games. But when you have control of everything and your chief executive is powerful in the FA and things like this, then that is not mind games.

"Is there a conflict of interest with David Gill at the FA? That is another fact. It is a fact that one person has a lot of power and control, and is on a lot of committees in the FA. To me that is very strange."

nothing is vague about it.these are pretty old comments now.have been posted completely somewhere before in this thread
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #215: Jan 13, 2009 10:44:57 am
      nothing is vague about it.these are pretty old comments now.have been posted completely somewhere before in this thread

I was wondering if they were said at the same pre-Stoke press conference or yesterday, or after the game?
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #216: Jan 13, 2009 10:48:35 am
      not in the same press conference for sure.probably after the game.heres the complete story:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_4782944,00.html
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #217: Jan 13, 2009 11:35:39 am
      For me Rafa has cocked up big time by having these pops at the red nosed one as I just don’t see what he hoped to gain no matter how true or accurate his ‘facts’ are.

Taggart is the master of ‘mind games’ as shown by his reply to Rafas Friday press meeting, when asked what he thought about what had been said about him he said he didn’t want to talk about it and RB was clearly disturbed, it was short straight to the point and most of all cutting to the extreme.

In all his time with us I have loved how Rafa has refused to be drawn into verbal volleys and has always remained calm and in command, his ‘small club’ jibe about the Bitters was a masterstroke and by appearing distant and seemingly not bothered by any other clubs manager he had held the upper hand , now by delivering a long contrived piece about something we all knew about at completely the wrong time he has exposed himself (not literally! ;D) to be as easy a target as all the other victims of Taggart’s little games.

For me he is not really saying anything, more planting the seeds of a question in everyone’s head, he remarked about David Gills membership on numerous F.A. committees but stopped short of actually accusing them of being in collusion to help the Manc cause for trophies preferring instead to let the listener/reader draw their own conclusions.

What Rafa has said is true and indeed his facts are just that, but please could he leave the delivering of these facts until May when the league is safely at Anfield and he can rub it in to Fergie even more instead of trying to engage the pickled one in a pointless point scoring exercise.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #218: Jan 13, 2009 12:17:24 pm
      For me Rafa has cocked up big time by having these pops at the red nosed one as I just don’t see what he hoped to gain no matter how true or accurate his ‘facts’ are.

Taggart is the master of ‘mind games’ as shown by his reply to Rafas Friday press meeting, when asked what he thought about what had been said about him he said he didn’t want to talk about it and RB was clearly disturbed, it was short straight to the point and most of all cutting to the extreme.

In all his time with us I have loved how Rafa has refused to be drawn into verbal volleys and has always remained calm and in command, his ‘small club’ jibe about the Bitters was a masterstroke and by appearing distant and seemingly not bothered by any other clubs manager he had held the upper hand , now by delivering a long contrived piece about something we all knew about at completely the wrong time he has exposed himself (not literally! ;D) to be as easy a target as all the other victims of Taggart’s little games.

For me he is not really saying anything, more planting the seeds of a question in everyone’s head, he remarked about David Gills membership on numerous F.A. committees but stopped short of actually accusing them of being in collusion to help the Manc cause for trophies preferring instead to let the listener/reader draw their own conclusions.

What Rafa has said is true and indeed his facts are just that, but please could he leave the delivering of these facts until May when the league is safely at Anfield and he can rub it in to Fergie even more instead of trying to engage the pickled one in a pointless point scoring exercise.

you actually think that rednose reply was a good one.accusing someone of being disturbed & ridiculous is what kindergarten kids or chicks fighting on th road would indulge in.the lack of a proper reply clearly demonstrated that the clown is ruffled & ruffled badly.i bet he wont say anything related to liverpool for the rest of the season.

you think he is planting the seeds of questions in everyone's mind.thats exactly what he wants people to do,he wants them to speak out what they feel ie manu always manages to get away with things.he obviously cant say things blatantly otherwise the supremely biased FA would spring into action.for me this is as good as "everton is a small club" one
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #219: Jan 13, 2009 12:37:44 pm

you actually think that rednose reply was a good one.accusing someone of being disturbed & ridiculous is what kindergarten kids or chicks fighting on th road would indulge in.the lack of a proper reply clearly demonstrated that the clown is ruffled & ruffled badly.I bet he wont say anything related to liverpool for the rest of the season.

you think he is planting the seeds of questions in everyone's mind.thats exactly what he wants people to do,he wants them to speak out what they feel ie manu always manages to get away with things.he obviously cant say things blatantly otherwise the supremely biased FA would spring into action.for me this is as good as "everton is a small club" one

Sometimes not saying a lot can say everything, and as much as i dislike Taggart his short answer did hit home.

I will say it again what did he hope to achieve?

1.wind Fergie up?
      2.Get the F.A. to investigate Gill?
      3.Try and influence the officials at the Manc/Chelsea game?

What he said did nothing but leave an impression that Rafa has now been got at by Fergie and that plays straight into the evil ones hands, if he wants to get at Fergie then trouncing Stoke would have been a better idea as talking on the pitch and achieving results is all that matters.

Also without being Xenophobic i do think Rafa's well put together piece did lose a bit in translation and because it was so contrived and not delivered passionately the possibility Rafa is absolutely right has been overlooked.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #220: Jan 13, 2009 01:07:37 pm
      Sometimes not saying a lot can say everything, and as much as i dislike Taggart his short answer did hit home.

I will say it again what did he hope to achieve?

1.wind Fergie up?
      2.Get the F.A. to investigate Gill?
      3.Try and influence the officials at the Manc/Chelsea game?

What he said did nothing but leave an impression that Rafa has now been got at by Fergie and that plays straight into the evil ones hands, if he wants to get at Fergie then trouncing Stoke would have been a better idea as talking on the pitch and achieving results is all that matters.

Also without being Xenophobic i do think Rafa's well put together piece did lose a bit in translation and because it was so contrived and not delivered passionately the possibility Rafa is absolutely right has been overlooked.
      Whiskey nose will be well wound wound up and I don't think his well used game plan will succeed this time,it certainly is'nt going the way of the previous mind games in the respect his targets were reduced to incoherent rambling figures .Mr. Benitez remained collected and put forward his statement in a concise unemotional manner and while it may have lost some cutting edge in the translation the text of the statement is there for all to see,I do think your reference to it being contrived and unpassionate did ring of xenophobia,as stated the text is there to see and the point was not lost on red nose who described it as having "venom" so he obviously got the gist.
      « Last Edit: Jan 13, 2009 01:12:42 pm by stuey »
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #221: Jan 13, 2009 01:16:40 pm
      I do think your reference to it being contrived and nupassionate did ring of xenophobia,as stated the text is there to see

err the point about Xenophobia was in relation to Rafa being Spanish and some of his speech being lost in translation, i dont think its Xenophobic to accuse someone of being contrived and delivering a prepared statement that lacked the passion of remarks made in the heat of the moment.

I obviously didnt make myself clear,sorry ;)
      red kop
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | -8 
      Reply #222: Jan 13, 2009 01:22:16 pm
      We need to do our talking on the pitch mates thats where it counts the most , rafa did a god job with his speech against the purple nose scum due to all respect he was correct 100% and also very brave to do so which no other manager tried to do , but then soon after he goes an makes a sh*t selection against stoke now wheres the sense in all this , where is our priority right now .
      tonybro
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #223: Jan 13, 2009 01:53:44 pm
       :P I really dont know why Rafa has to bring these things up, just keep your powder dry, LFC are allways known for the dignity of our management, it is playing into the mancs hands. We are top now, but the pressure will really come if say in mid march we could be second or third but still in within a point or 2, thats when we have to show our metal, then maybe rafa can open up and volley... NOW IS NOT THE TIME.. sammy have a word
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #224: Jan 13, 2009 02:28:23 pm
      err the point about Xenophobia was in relation to Rafa being Spanish and some of his speech being lost in translation, i dont think its Xenophobic to accuse someone of being contrived and delivering a prepared statement that lacked the passion of remarks made in the heat of the moment.

I obviously didnt make myself clear,sorry ;)
      no worries I thought you were using xenophobia in a negative context - I was making the point that precisely because the statement was prepared and delivered in a concise,unemotional manner it was more forthright and cutting if Mr.Benitez had cut loose and let his latin spirit flow it could have been a bloodbath and I doubt if we gringos would have understood any of it......while the word"rant" is being bandied about what about Taggarts infamous press conferences where he would F**k and blind anyone who didn't ask the right questions or dressing room kick offs when he would hurl abuse at his team and anything else that came to hand like the missile that nearly took Beckams eye out.Knight of the realm ? don't make me F***ing laugh.
      SirAlex
      • You'll always be Mr Ferguson to Rafa.
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts | -11 
      • Come in peace, friendly banter please.
      Reply #225: Jan 13, 2009 04:29:10 pm
      Rafa reeks of Kevin Keegan, showing the signs of a broken man!!!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #226: Jan 13, 2009 04:40:19 pm
      Thats a very in depth explanation isn't it, take off the blinkers and stop believing everything you read and you might talk some sense.

Rafa was exactly like this when he entered 'mind games' in spain....And broke the dominance of Madrid and Barca, and he did it twice.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #227: Jan 13, 2009 05:04:30 pm

Keegan's comments = From the heart, raw, and desperate.
      Rafa's comments - Calculated, well thought and factual.

Slight difference lad..
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #228: Jan 13, 2009 05:06:04 pm
      Keegan's comments = From the heart, raw, and desperate.
      Rafa's comments - Calculated, well thought and factual.

Slight difference lad..

Agree, Rafa wouldn't do anything like Keegan did - he said he respects Rudolph, but that he gets away with too much basically.
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #229: Jan 13, 2009 05:11:40 pm
      I tell you what though - I'd love it if Wigan did them over, love it.

:)  :lmao:

Quick Reply