Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Michael G-Owen to Manchester City?

Read 3639 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Michael G-Owen to Manchester City?
      Jan 10, 2009 01:13:27 pm
      Owen agrees to City move
      http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item182254/Owen-agrees-to-City-move/

Unsettled Newcastle United striker Michael Owen has agreed to join Manchester City at the end of the current season.

News of Owen's decision has emerged in the English press, with one newspaper, the Daily Express, even suggesting that the former Liverpool star has already reached a ‘ gentleman's agreement' to sign for the world's richest club in the summer.

Owen is understood to have already held talks with City boss Mark Hughes and has apparently agreed to join the struggling Eastlands outfit on condition that they remain in the Premier League.

The 29-year-old has turned down the option of signing a new long-term deal with Newcastle, deciding instead to leave his options open.

None of the ‘big four' clubs have expressed a desire to sign Owen. But with City's bank balance bursting at the seams and Hughes' need to rebuild, it now seems highly likely that Owen's 90,000 pound-a-week wage demands will be met by City, providing the England international stays fit between now and the end of the season.

Owen has scored only 29 goals in all competitions since making a moving to St James' Park three-and-a-half years ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess he shouldn't have left Liverpool
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Michael G-Owen to Manchester City?
      Reply #1: Jan 10, 2009 01:19:56 pm
      Moving to another sh*t club.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #2: Jan 10, 2009 02:40:40 pm
      Owen is understood to have already held talks with City boss Mark Hughes and has apparently agreed to join the struggling Eastlands outfit on condition that they remain in the Premier League.

:lmao:
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #3: Jan 10, 2009 02:43:02 pm
      My God, even Owen knows how crap they are!
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #4: Jan 10, 2009 02:47:19 pm
      My God, even Owen knows how crap they are!

He also knows how much they'll pay him.  No other reason to go to Man City than the wages.

If he goes there, will all those who said he isn't a money-hungry mercenary eat their words?  I doubt it.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #5: Jan 10, 2009 02:49:38 pm
      Quite a sad story, from that wonderkid who scored a great World Cup class goal to one of Liverpool's most respected forward, European Player of the Year to things...... to have his career going downhill.

I'm sure he regrets looking at what his pals, Stevie and Carra are having now.

Quick Reply