Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Stoke v Liverpool: Match thread

Read 43707 times
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Re: Stoke v Liverpool: Match thread
      Reply #460: Jan 12, 2009 10:22:19 am
      I saw what could have been a good oportunity wasted against Stoke.
      Rafa really fu**ed us over with team selection and I just don't get it.
      Why have Kuyt up front on his own?
      Why no Keane?  Torres I can understand to a point. 
      We played bloody awful, passes were all over the shop, there were no ideas or creativity.
      If we carry on, then ManUre are pissing themselves to another title.  They just don't look like droppping points, whereas we play a mediocre team like Stoke (who play 11 men in their own half, then hoof the ball forward), and draw, AGAIN.  I know people say its only one game, but its not, its almost every time we play a similar team who does nothing but defend.

frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #461: Jan 12, 2009 10:27:57 am
      To be completely honest we've got the 3rd highest points tally after 21 games in the entire history of the football club.  On 17 occasions where we have won the title we have had less points after 21 games than we do now.

'It just doesn't work' is a completely invalid point.

Some people need to get a grip.

Great stats JD !
      It proves that overall were not doing bad at all, do the points totas take in the rule change from 2pts to 3pts ?
      we've got and always will have an unbeatable history,it's now time to step up to the mark and make the present match the past !
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,765 posts | 6723 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #462: Jan 12, 2009 10:34:54 am
      I've stayed away from this thread till now, just finished reading 29 pages worth.

All I can say is I'm gutted with the result, the way Rafa picked his side and most of all the players who played out there not giving it 110% in a green Liverpool shirt.

But F**k it, I'm closing the door shut on this game and try to put it behind me so that I can start trying to concentrate on the next 2 games against the bluesh*te.

One last thing I want to add who the F**k are all these NEW posters coming on here slagging Rafa? ( I know he causes me grief, I've got no hair left)....but I've never heard of them before. They don't contribute to the forum at all then come on here after a poor result and condemn the players and the Manager...bet we won't hear from them until there is possibly another poor display or we WIN the league.

As for the bloke who said Rafa is "a fat tw*t"....you F***ing call yourself a Liverpool supporter. Shame on you.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #463: Jan 12, 2009 10:58:02 am
      We did have a influx of Mancs following the game 2 of which have now been banned or removed. I am sure more are waiting to show their true colours

As JD posted in the Forum Appreciation Thread

Indeed.  As I said - such is the pressure of being top of the league!

Anybody notices anything fishy that we don't get our hands on first you can always either PM one of the staff or report a post to a moderator.

Just drop one of us who is online a PM

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #464: Jan 12, 2009 11:02:16 am
      Good post Aussie,by the way the poster who called RAFA a fat tw*t cannot be a L.F.C. supporter.People have the right to criticise but we have the right to respond if their opinions are not warranted.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,765 posts | 6723 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #465: Jan 12, 2009 11:06:17 am
      No worries Venison...I did look and he had about 19 posts but most of them were in this thread. Can't be arsed going back through the 29 pages to weed him out.  ;)
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #466: Jan 12, 2009 11:16:31 am
      Good post Aussie,by the way the poster who called RAFA a fat tw*t cannot be a L.F.C. supporter.People have the right to criticise but we have the right to respond if their opinions are not warranted.

Absolutely Billy

No worries Venison...I did look and he had about 19 posts but most of them were in this thread. Can't be arsed going back through the 29 pages to weed him out.  ;)

Just meant in general mate ;) I did have a look back through their previous posts and nothing to suggest at the moment he is anything other than just another Rafa bashers, one of many who just shows their face when things don't go our way. (Alas I cant ban people solely because I think they talk bollox)

I had better get this back on topic

I think we only lost because we played in that shockingly awful green kit ;)
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      Reply #467: Jan 12, 2009 11:20:52 am
      By the way, going back to the Rory Delap towel usage, I apologise if this has already been addressed, but I was under the im pression that towels were no longer allowed to dry the ball anymore.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #468: Jan 12, 2009 11:39:54 am
      Dave Challinor was told to stop it when he played for Tranmere!

Think it's up to the referee to enforce it though!

And seeing how spineless he was on Saturday, there was no chance of that.

Agree with Venison about that green kit, what's wrong with the grey/silver, too much of a clash for tv
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      Reply #469: Jan 12, 2009 11:44:52 am
      Dave Challinor was told to stop it when he played for Tranmere!

Think it's up to the referee to enforce it though!

And seeing how spineless he was on Saturday, there was no chance of that.

Agree with Venison about that green kit, what's wrong with the grey/silver, too much of a clash for tv

I actually prefer the green kit to the grey.  I own them both mind.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #470: Jan 12, 2009 11:55:10 am
      Got the grey one just after chrimbo - had the original way back in the day - so had to get this one.

Can't stand the green kit!
      siburns.1900
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #471: Jan 12, 2009 12:41:38 pm
      liverpool need to play 4-4-2,torres and keane up front
      « Last Edit: Jan 12, 2009 12:57:11 pm by Venison 86, Reason: posted in on wrong board »
      waclander
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Reply #472: Jan 12, 2009 12:46:53 pm
      Hi first time on any forum to do with liverpool but i need to vent some of the frustration i'm feeling after another opportunity to strenghten thier title winning chances is fu**ing sabotged by first a pointless rant that has put extra pressure on the team (and fans who have to listen to poxy manc's going on about how another manager is out foxed by ole red nose)  and then a team selection that like many before it beggers belief once again we try to stifle a bad team by playing two holding midfielders one of which wouldn't get into stokes reserve's instead of dropping gerrard back into middle and playing kuyt up front with keane and persisting with players of benyuon and aurelio's standard the latter looked afraid of the ball and taught the halfway line was a stop sign ( maybe Agger at left back while insua is away is best option).Also is the continued stubborn refusal to see Dirk Kuyt (sloth from the goonies) is a bit part squad player at best,no one questions his effort but we shouldn't depend on him to lead the line on his own against a poor team who put 11 men behind the ball i'd like to see team's worrying about us going forward rather than us worrying about them.I know people think were still in a good position but we could have been in an excellent one but for silly points dropped to bad teams now is not the time to be cautious now we need to go all out as the manc's will, team for the derby

Reina
      carragher hyppia skrtel agger
             alonso masch
      gerrard     keane      reira
                   torres

Think Stevie needs to bite the bullet put pride aside and play on right for large parts of the season its were we need something extra i think keane will come good with a prolonged stint with torres it looked like it was working at start of season ,there was good interplay between them and gerrard looked like blossoming into something.Still Have doubts about Rafa seems to have too cautious a style not doubting what he's done in his time but can he go all the way in the league not sure.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #473: Jan 12, 2009 01:24:06 pm
      Was really down after the Stoke game. Cant believe the effort of some of our lads and can only imagine they wont be that bad again. It was always going to be a tough game but the lack of hunger was unforgiveable

And Im baffled as to why only 2 subs were used when so many under preformed? Keane should have been used no question about it
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #474: Jan 12, 2009 01:26:40 pm
      Hi first time on any forum to do with liverpool but I need to vent some of the frustration I'm feeling after another opportunity to strenghten thier title winning chances is fu**ing sabotged by first a pointless rant that has put extra pressure on the team (and fans who have to listen to poxy manc's going on about how another manager is out foxed by ole red nose)  and then a team selection that like many before it beggers belief once again we try to stifle a bad team by playing two holding midfielders one of which wouldn't get into stokes reserve's instead of dropping gerrard back into middle and playing kuyt up front with keane and persisting with players of benyuon and aurelio's standard the latter looked afraid of the ball and taught the halfway line was a stop sign ( maybe Agger at left back while insua is away is best option).Also is the continued stubborn refusal to see Dirk Kuyt (sloth from the goonies) is a bit part squad player at best,no one questions his effort but we shouldn't depend on him to lead the line on his own against a poor team who put 11 men behind the ball I'd like to see team's worrying about us going forward rather than us worrying about them.I know people think were still in a good position but we could have been in an excellent one but for silly points dropped to bad teams now is not the time to be cautious now we need to go all out as the manc's will, team for the derby

Reina
      carragher hyppia skrtel agger
             alonso masch
      gerrard     keane      reira
                   torres

Think Stevie needs to bite the bullet put pride aside and play on right for large parts of the season its were we need something extra I think keane will come good with a prolonged stint with torres it looked like it was working at start of season ,there was good interplay between them and gerrard looked like blossoming into something.Still Have doubts about Rafa seems to have too cautious a style not doubting what he's done in his time but can he go all the way in the league not sure.
      Can I just ask why you chose to make your first post after a dissapointing result (similar to a lot of other Rafa Bashers on here!) we have a lot of great performances this season but we hardly get any new posters on here after a win it really pisses me off ! :f_steam:
      niall gavin
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #475: Jan 12, 2009 01:40:13 pm
      That match showed how much we missed Alonso and i dint no why he did not start Robbie or torres
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #476: Jan 12, 2009 02:48:32 pm
      I f**king hate teams like Stoke, that sit back for the majority of the game to freeze us out.

I'll laugh my bollocks off when their 'precious 2 points' taken from us, isn't enough to save them from the drop. 

Tossers.

To be fair mate, they can only play with what they've got. They played for a draw and defended well. Fair play to them. They deserved a point.
      waclander
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Reply #477: Jan 12, 2009 02:55:11 pm
      Can I just ask why you chose to make your first post after a dissapointing result (similar to a lot of other Rafa Bashers on here!) we have a lot of great performances this season but we hardly get any new posters on here after a win it really pisses me off ! :f_steam:

I know we've put in good performance's this season but we've also got away with a lot of sloppy one's and i'm not bashing rafa but when you look at some of the choices he makes its just frustrating sometimes and thats why new posters always complain because they want this club to win the league so bad and the manager does something like drop keane after scoring three in three just doesn't make sense, usually i'm optamistic but seems like every time i get excited about our chances at the league i end up dissapionted and i believe if he puts out our strongest eleven week in week out we still have a good chance but he needs to stop mucking about.

And Alonso is crucial the man is a legend doesn't grab the glory(unless he's chipping the keeper from outer mongolia )  but the team are ten times better when he's playing.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #478: Jan 12, 2009 02:58:09 pm

Yeah, I wish we were back in 4th or 5th chasing the Champions League spot.

Far more fun that.  ::)

I'm starting to quite easily notice the people on here who have and haven't ever seen Liverpool land the title before.
      waclander
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Reply #479: Jan 12, 2009 03:00:05 pm
      Yeah, I wish we were back in 4th or 5th chasing the Champions League spot.

Far more fun that.  ::)

I'm starting to quite easily notice the people on here who have and haven't ever seen Liverpool land the title before.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #480: Jan 12, 2009 03:01:27 pm
      Thanks for quoting me.
      waclander
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Reply #481: Jan 12, 2009 03:38:41 pm
      Sorry jd boss keeps walkin in expecting to find me working panicked hit the wrong button

Meant to say i was ten when we last won the title if that makes my point invalid sorry ;) first memory of liverpool was losing to wimbledon in 88 so i'm just use to dissapointment i've had all the crap of ninties and naughties with a few shining lights like the cup wins and seeing a few quality players like God and Owen the were more but i'll leave it at that.In that time what looked like an an unassailable number of league titles has been cut to one and any records we had seem to be lost while the manc's have risen year on year even our mighty league cup record could be in danger soon :laugh:
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #482: Jan 12, 2009 03:56:55 pm

It surely doesn't matter.
      A fan is a fan, no two ways about it, they still support the team regardless of whether or not they've seen Liverpool land the title or not.

Quick Reply