Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Cricket

Read 390895 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,252 posts | 1390 
      Re: Cricket
      Reply #6164: Mar 07, 2024 11:36:08 am
      Just abysmal, not really very professional under Stokes.More an attitude, 'if it works fine, if it doesn't well..WTF.'

Complete lack of application. Towel in attitude.
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #6165: Mar 07, 2024 12:09:04 pm
      Just when you think the England cricket team couldn't embarass themselves further, they manage it. Once again some of the most pathertic amateur cricket I've ever seen and I've been watching test cricket since the mid 80s.

I'd hate to be a bowler in this team. Why should they take their bowling seriously when the batsmen clearly don't give a fcuk about batting. I've seen alot more character, application, patience and determination in my 7 year old than you'll see from an England batsman.

Bairstow 🤣🤣🤣🤣 still contributing the sq root of fcuk all. How long is it going to carry on for .... he's absolute rubbish. Keep him in long enough though he will get that slogged innings that will keep him in for another year of failure.

India should bat tomorrow until they've got a lead of 150 ... declare and it will be all over inside 3 days and victory by an innings.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #6166: Mar 09, 2024 09:21:21 am
      India easily beat England but on the plus side Jimmy Anderson claimed his 700th Test wicket.

Right up there as one of the all-time sporting greats in my opinion.
      Harrisimo

• 8,252 posts | 1390 
      Reply #6167: Mar 09, 2024 09:30:00 am
      Test team in name only. Their playing a mix of one day and 20/20 slogging. Turned test Cricket into an grotesque caricature of the game.  They call it bazball but in truth it's just a mess. It's not some grand strategy transforming test Cricket. All any decent test team has to do is concentrate, head down and stick around and wait for England to self destruct.

The England management and team have lost the plot....as well as the series.

Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #6168: Mar 09, 2024 09:40:38 am
      Bazball has won the square root of fcuk all. And never will. And needs binning off. Its lazy slogathon cricket with no accountability it seems.

McCullum needs to go. India played well. They showed patience and even without some of their stars dug in and got runs.

I think the whole test game laughs at England. No determination. No patience , no heart and no character. They 'might' scrape a win against West indies and Sri Lanka at home in the summer with lazy slogathon cricket. Even the useless bairstow might get a 50. But they will never beat south Africa, Australia or India because they have not got any of the required skills to beat quality teams at test level.

The batting is absolutely pitiful. Their approach is village cricket standard ... not test level. They don't value their wickets. They don't have the bottle. Just hide behind bazball lads ... and be a flat track bully at home against the lesser nations. Embarrassing.

Quick Reply