Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Boxing

Read 224623 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Boxing
      Reply #1265: Sep 26, 2021 09:12:24 am
      The devastation in his face at the final bell. The look of a man who knows full well he's lost out on millions & millions of pounds

I loved every second of it.  :lmao: :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1266: Sep 26, 2021 09:18:55 am
      With you on this. Used to really rate him but ever since the build up to what ended up being the Ruiz defeat, he’s shown more and more arrogance. He spends too much time talking and trying to boost his personal appearance etc and doesn’t spend enough time on his boxing. He’s in the mindset that he will win every fight with ease.

If by some chance the Fury fight happens, then Fury will have him out of there long before the 12th round. Wilder would be the same.

He’s become far too arrogant and it’s another deserved defeat. He’s going the same way as Haye and will probably have his career fizzle out in the same way.

My eldest son though I was mad to support him as he always stated what ever he said was from a script written by others..... Then the day came! After his comments...

"Show them where it hurts, abstain from spending in their shops and economies, and invest in black owned businesses"

KARMA IS SWEET
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1267: Sep 26, 2021 09:19:19 am
      AJ has never grabbed my attention. I think he’s all a bit second rate, certainly for a champion.

But the sport is so frustrating. We all wanted one fight  to happen but instead I doubt it ever will. Rematches should be scrapped because all that happens is the same fights for 2 years and then back to finding any excuse to avoiding the fight we all want.

I have zero interest in AJ rematch now. In a way I hope he loses as other fighters are way more interesting than him.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1268: Sep 26, 2021 09:21:55 am
      AJ has never grabbed my attention. I think he’s all a bit second rate, certainly for a champion.

But the sport is so frustrating. We all wanted one fight  to happen but instead I doubt it ever will. Rematches should be scrapped because all that happens is the same fights for 2 years and then back to finding any excuse to avoiding the fight we all want.

I have zero interest in AJ rematch now. In a way I hope he loses as other fighters are way more interesting than him.

Ditto, certainly wouldn't pay to watch the c**t fight
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1269: Sep 26, 2021 10:05:05 am
      Ditto, certainly wouldn't pay to watch the c**t fight

See, I don’t have a problem with him as a person or for what he said in the past (Tyson fury has said a lot of dubious things but I don’t hold that against him), it’s just that for me AJ does not have that ‘X Factor’.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #1270: Sep 26, 2021 02:30:37 pm
      End of the AJ hype train.

Don’t think Fury would live with Usyk if that fight was ever made either.

Disagree, think that would be a fight for the purists. Both thinking type of Boxers who can box.

AJ was massively out of his comfort zone last night.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #1271: Sep 26, 2021 02:33:54 pm
      That was a clinic by Usyk, but Joshua never really put him under any pressure.

Don’t see how Joshua gets near him in the rematch either given that performance, Usyk looked like he had him figured out from the first round.

There was only the marks to his right eye, but you could tell Usyk was never in danger.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1272: Sep 26, 2021 02:40:17 pm
      There was only the marks to his right eye, but you could tell Usyk was never in danger.

Well deserved win, he out boxed the w@nker. I hope the Fury. AJ fight does go ahead just so I can watch Fury floor him.  ;D
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1273: Sep 26, 2021 04:29:30 pm
      AJ got what he deserved. I use to follow AJ till he made  some dubious comments ( that's putting it mildly ) I'm glad the w@nker got beat.

What are you talking about?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,538 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1274: Sep 26, 2021 04:33:10 pm
      Had money on it to go the distance and AJ to win, just because it was in the UK, but after that incredibly cringe walk out, I was very happy to lose my money and watch him get embarrassed.

He's a celebrity, not a boxer, and won't be long until he's announced as part of I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1275: Sep 26, 2021 04:53:23 pm

I QUOTE

Show them where it hurts.  Abstain from spending your money in THIER! shops and economies, and invest in black owned businesses.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1276: Sep 26, 2021 06:14:08 pm
      I QUOTE

Show them where it hurts.  Abstain from spending your money in THIER! shops and economies, and invest in black owned businesses.

That's no basis to call him a w**ker. This was at the start of BLM after yet another black man was murdered by the state. AJ must have grown up suffering racism every day, and surely still goes through it now in subtler forms even as one of the most famous people in the world. To say F**k you to the wider racist society is surely a tempting position to take and certainly an understandable one.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1277: Sep 26, 2021 06:19:18 pm
      That's no basis to call him a w**ker. This was at the start of BLM after yet another black man was murdered by the state. AJ must have grown up suffering racism every day, and surely still goes through it now in subtler forms even as one of the most famous people in the world. To say f**k you to the wider racist society is surely a tempting position to take and certainly an understandable one.

I get called a w**ker all the time.  ;D  It's nothing unusual, I except it so AJ has to too.  :lmao:
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,215 posts | 1221 
      Reply #1278: Sep 26, 2021 08:51:22 pm
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1279: Sep 26, 2021 09:01:12 pm
      I godamm hate Wilder.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1280: Sep 26, 2021 10:07:49 pm

Can we agree he's a w@nker  ;D 
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1281: Sep 26, 2021 10:42:51 pm

Wilder is a coward liar and a piece of sh*t maggot for wanting a body on his record. He has a rocket of a straight right hand and it's the best shot in boxing since the great Thomas Hearns, but the rest of it is a F***ing joke. He's already lost twice to Fury and he'll get beaten quicker this time.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1282: Sep 26, 2021 11:35:15 pm
      Wilder is a coward liar and a piece of sh*t maggot for wanting a body on his record. He has a rocket of a straight right hand and it's the best shot in boxing since the great Thomas Hearns, but the rest of it is a f**king joke. He's already lost twice to Fury and he'll get beaten quicker this time.

For such a dominant boxer with such knockout power, it’s surprising to see him get so psychologically dominated by Fury. The excuses he was coming out with last time was embarrassing.

I’ve not been following the build up to this one between them but I’d be surprised if Fury hasn’t gotten into his head even more.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1283: Sep 27, 2021 08:20:46 am
      AJ schooled in the art of boxing at the weekend. Cant see him winning re-match and no chance he beats fury.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1284: Sep 27, 2021 04:18:46 pm
      AJ schooled in the art of boxing at the weekend. Cant see him winning re-match and no chance he beats fury.

I think he'd beat Fury, but don't see how he can win the re-match. Usyk's footwork is just so good that he can't find his distance to get power shots in regularly enough.

I don't get the strategy either. Why didn't he use the jab instead of pawing with it in the air? Why was his corner yelling "great boxing, Josh" when he was clearly down? And why did Rob McCracken tell him to continue with his boxing at the end of round ten when he needed a knockout? It doesn't make sense.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1285: Sep 27, 2021 04:44:09 pm
      I think he'd beat Fury, but don't see how he can win the re-match. Usyk's footwork is just so good that he can't find his distance to get power shots in regularly enough.

I don't get the strategy either. Why didn't he use the jab instead of pawing with it in the air? Why was his corner yelling "great boxing, Josh" when he was clearly down? And why did Rob McCracken tell him to continue with his boxing at the end of round ten when he needed a knockout? It doesn't make sense.

Everything about AJ and his team was wrong. strange tbh.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1286: Sep 27, 2021 04:53:39 pm
      And why did Rob McCracken tell him to continue with his boxing at the end of round ten when he needed a knockout? It doesn't make sense.

Possibly because if he’d have done that it wouldn’t have been a points decision that won the fight, it would’ve been a knockout. At that stage it was clear AJ wasn’t going to win and was getting closer to being put on the canvas. At least by losing on a decision it looks a lot better than a knockout.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #1287: Sep 29, 2021 08:07:34 pm
      Had money on it to go the distance and AJ to win, just because it was in the UK, but after that incredibly cringe walk out, I was very happy to lose my money and watch him get embarrassed.

He's a celebrity, not a boxer, and won't be long until he's announced as part of I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.

Hahaha

The other quip I heard is that it won't be long before he's taking on the you tuber fighters.

Quick Reply