Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Boxing

Read 224423 times
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Re: Boxing
      Reply #1288: Sep 29, 2021 09:48:17 pm
      The hate for Joshua is really strange given that he's one of the nicest guys ever seen in the sport, given that he never ducks anyone, given that he's an exciting puncher and epecially when his two main rivals HAVE ducked him and are both absolute pricks.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1289: Sep 29, 2021 09:55:07 pm
      The hate for Joshua is really strange given that he's one of the nicest guys ever seen in the sport, given that he never ducks anyone, given that he's an exciting puncher and epecially when his two main rivals HAVE ducked him and are both absolute pricks.

The reason why is simple. I loved him till he came out with the racist comments like millions of others did. You reap what you sow.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1290: Sep 29, 2021 10:00:31 pm
      The reason why is simple. I loved him till he came out with the racist comments like millions of others did. You reap what you sow.

He didn't make a racist comment, I've explained what I think and it seems obvious to me. And it doesn't explain the general hate and glee that he's lost.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1291: Sep 29, 2021 10:08:08 pm
      He didn't make a racist comment, I've explained what I think and it seems obvious to me. And it doesn't explain the general hate and glee that he's lost.

Millions took it as racist, I was one of them.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1292: Sep 29, 2021 10:14:44 pm
      Millions took it as racist, I was one of them.

Well, you never see it in the comments section of anything I've read. You are the first I've heard it from. Ali argued for separation, he wasn't hated for it. Most people can understand why a black person would want to reject the wider society even if it is ultimately negative.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1293: Sep 29, 2021 10:19:29 pm
      Well, you never see it in the comments section of anything I've read. You are the first I've heard it from. Ali argued for separation, he wasn't hated for it. Most people can understand why a black person would want to reject the wider society even if it is ultimately negative.

It's something we have different opinions on Isaac. Can't see me changing back unless he apologises for what many consider racist. Many are frightened of making a public comment because the Snownflakes would through the racist card in.

Anyway we move on mate..

Hope you like the Viva Ronaldo show again.  :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #1294: Oct 09, 2021 05:57:34 pm

He's an egotistical dickhead and thinks he's levels above what his technical ability is.

Fury has definitely gone up in my estimation, especially after seeing him with the locals jogging around Crocky and Noggsy when one of his kids was in Alder Hey and also the praise he had for a lot of the nurses looking after his child.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1295: Oct 09, 2021 06:39:48 pm
      He's an egotistical dickhead and thinks he's levels above what his technical ability is.

Fury has definitely gone up in my estimation, especially after seeing him with the locals jogging around Crocky and Noggsy when one of his kids was in Alder Hey and also the praise he had for a lot of the nurses looking after his child.

Me da works in Alder Hey - said he was absolutely spot on. Had loads of time for everyone
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #1296: Oct 09, 2021 07:59:39 pm
      Hope Fury smashes Wilder…
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1297: Oct 09, 2021 09:03:31 pm

Me too  :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #1298: Oct 09, 2021 09:33:08 pm

Yep. He will too.

Far superior boxer.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1299: Oct 10, 2021 06:02:10 am
      What a fight, one of the best fights of all time. Hurry up and watch for those who haven't seen it. You cannot afford to miss this one.

GET IN FURY   :lmao:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #1300: Oct 10, 2021 07:13:17 am
      Fair play to Fury
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,351 posts | 2818 
      Reply #1301: Oct 10, 2021 08:48:16 am
      Wasn't big on this one after Fury's demolition in the second fight but in fairness to them both, overall they've served up a trilogy that will be remembered for a long time.

Fury's the superior boxer but Wilder's always in fights until the very last second with the power he is and who knows, if the bell comes 30 seconds later in the 4th he might have got the belt back.

Would love to see Fury v Usyk at some point next year. Give Fury the chance to go for undisputed whilst matching him up against the one who probably has the best skillset on paper to beat him.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1302: Oct 10, 2021 09:03:09 am

Fury's the superior boxer but Wilder's always in fights until the very last second with the power he is and who knows, if the bell comes 30 seconds later in the 4th he might have got the belt back.

That true but at the same time the bell saved Wilder in the 3rd. Another 20 seconds and there wouldn't of been a 4th round.  ;D
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1303: Oct 10, 2021 11:47:10 am

I don't see ego, I see the humility to learn and improve all the time. He started late in boxing and there were lots of things to work on. He was still a novice when he first won the title against Charles Martin. To call him egotistical, especially in comparison to Wilder and Fury, is laughable.
      Didn't pay for the fight last night and would never stay up all night for that. I thought Fury would knock him out inside three, but turns out it was a good one. I streamed the replay and Wilder showed more guts than expected and might well have stopped him in the fourth. I'm not happy that Fury won, but I am very happy that Wilder lost. Hopefully that gets him out of boxing and his name never has to come up again.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1304: Oct 10, 2021 12:02:02 pm
      Went more rounds than expected but Wilder took more of a beating than the 2nd time, Fury was landing some huge shots.

Think that’s probably Wilder finished now, mentally he was beaten before this fight even happened and where does he go from here? He’s out of all title chances for the time being - think Whyte is next up for Fury, there’s the rematch between Joshua and Usyk and you’d expect the winner of that to then face the winner of Whyte and Fury. If Fury loses then there’s going to be a rematch there too. What options are there now for Wilder? Just goes back to fighting nobodies.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #1305: Oct 10, 2021 01:09:59 pm
      Nice to see Fury get the job done , AJ not in the same league , all it needs now is Fury to knock the racist out .
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1306: Oct 10, 2021 02:52:16 pm
      I streamed the replay and Wilder showed more guts than expected and might well have stopped him in the fourth.

Same applies in 3rd round, Wilder saved only by the bell.,
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #1307: Oct 10, 2021 03:16:09 pm
      I don't see ego, I see the humility to learn and improve all the time. He started late in boxing and there were lots of things to work on. He was still a novice when he first won the title against Charles Martin. To call him egotistical, especially in comparison to Wilder and Fury, is laughable.
      Didn't pay for the fight last night and would never stay up all night for that. I thought Fury would knock him out inside three, but turns out it was a good one. I streamed the replay and Wilder showed more guts than expected and might well have stopped him in the fourth. I'm not happy that Fury won, but I am very happy that Wilder lost. Hopefully that gets him out of boxing and his name never has to come up again.

I do massively, explain the first Ruiz defeat? Egotistical and F***ing lazy. He's regressed as a boxer not improved and I was a fan of AJ from his early days. To even try and box Usyk was F***ing stupid. He should of gone with the power. Fairly obvious now Fury's the more natural fighter.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #1308: Oct 10, 2021 03:25:53 pm

Oh and he wasn't that much of a novice, he had come through the amateur divisions, fought at the Olympics etc as well
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1309: Oct 10, 2021 03:44:22 pm
      Fairly obvious now Fury's the more natural fighter.

One of the reasons that fight will probably never happen. Think it’s become perfectly clear now that if they step in the ring together, AJ is getting knocked out and it will be worse than the beating Wilder took.

I’m no fan of Wilder because of his lame excuses but even if he was to face AJ, then there’s only one winner and it won’t be the arrogant, big headed Joshua.

AJ had a couple of good years, used to really rate him when he was beating the likes of Whyte and Klitsckho but ever since Ruiz was announced as his opponent after Miller got hooked, his attitude changed and it’s like anyone smaller than him he automatically assumes is going to be a walk in the park. He’s more interested in his profile and becoming a billionaire than his boxing and unfortunately for him, he doesn’t have the ability to back up that attitude, which has been proven convincingly on two occasions now.

The fact AJ hasn’t even triggered the automatic rematch with Usyk I think speaks volumes.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #1310: Oct 10, 2021 03:49:39 pm
      One of the reasons that fight will probably never happen. Think it’s become perfectly clear now that if they step in the ring together, AJ is getting knocked out and it will be worse than the beating Wilder took.

I’m no fan of Wilder because of his lame excuses but even if he was to face AJ, then there’s only one winner and it won’t be the arrogant, big headed Joshua.

AJ had a couple of good years, used to really rate him when he was beating the likes of Whyte and Klitsckho but ever since Ruiz was announced as his opponent after Miller got hooked, his attitude changed and it’s like anyone smaller than him he automatically assumes is going to be a walk in the park. He’s more interested in his profile and becoming a billionaire than his boxing and unfortunately for him, he doesn’t have the ability to back up that attitude, which has been proven convincingly on two occasions now.

The fact AJ hasn’t even triggered the automatic rematch with Usyk I think speaks volumes.

That was triggered yesterday ;)

And the big man after last nights fight

https://mobile.twitter.com/AnfieldJackino/status/1447127258594951172?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1447127258594951172%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Quick Reply