Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Boxing

Read 223764 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,910 posts | 4976 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Boxing
      Reply #1449: Apr 23, 2022 11:01:48 pm

You know what I meant!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,910 posts | 4976 
      Reply #1450: Apr 23, 2022 11:03:15 pm
      Im off to bed you scouse fuckers, some of us got golf in the morning.  :lmao:  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

f***in Swinger, bet your good at stroke play ye dirty stop out 😂
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1451: Apr 23, 2022 11:04:05 pm
      does anyone really see AJ beating Tyson Fury it would be like Lennox and Bruno all over again.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1452: Apr 23, 2022 11:04:53 pm

F**kin Swinger, bet your good at stroke play ye dirty stop out 😂

he is a bandit mate single handicapper playing of 19.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1453: Apr 23, 2022 11:04:59 pm
      Meh, underwhelming stuff. Utter sh*te until the knockout
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,910 posts | 4976 
      Reply #1454: Apr 23, 2022 11:09:17 pm
      he is a bandit mate single handicapper playing of 19.

Oh I see, one of them, their the worst, hope he finds every f***in bunker on the course 😂 😂 😂
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1455: Apr 23, 2022 11:13:23 pm
      Meh, underwhelming stuff. Utter sh*te until the knockout

it was a mismatch really but not bad when you walk away with £30 mil.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1456: Apr 23, 2022 11:17:33 pm
      our Boxing expert who doesnt rate Fury seems to be at odds with Lennox Lewis David Haye and the Irish lad all of who speak incredibly highly of him.
      The problem is we need 3 or 4 more Tyson Fury's then it would be a division worth watching.
      Mike Tyson would give away 10 inches in height and 4 stone in weight. wow heavyweight have really been on th epies
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,910 posts | 4976 
      Reply #1457: Apr 23, 2022 11:19:36 pm
      it was a mismatch really but not bad when you walk away with £30 mil.

How much is that a hour ? 😂
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1458: Apr 24, 2022 12:41:16 am
      our Boxing expert who doesnt rate Fury seems to be at odds with Lennox Lewis David Haye and the Irish lad all of who speak incredibly highly of him.
      The problem is we need 3 or 4 more Tyson Fury's then it would be a division worth watching.
      Mike Tyson would give away 10 inches in height and 4 stone in weight. wow heavyweight have really been on th epies

I'm not an expert and I do rate Fury, so well done so far.

Brilliant one punch finish from Fury, I didn't think he was capable of that. There was so much whip and speed on that uppercut, seems like the golf has been paying off. Well done to Whyte for getting to his feet when he was so clearly done.

I never believed he would retire after the fight, but on the night itself I learned he made a promise to his wife which made me reconsider. Then, in the post fight interview, he said he made the promise after the Wilder trilogy. Jesus. There was absolutely no need for the Whyte fight, no one thought it was a debatable outcome. You simply cannot trust anything he says.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1459: Apr 24, 2022 12:44:13 am

Wasn't the pay split 80/20 in Fury's favour? That's despicable. And Fury is the man who claimed he gave his whole purse to charity a couple of years ago.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1460: Apr 24, 2022 01:35:26 am
      I'm not an expert and I do rate Fury, so well done so far.

Brilliant one punch finish from Fury, I didn't think he was capable of that. There was so much whip and speed on that uppercut, seems like the golf has been paying off. Well done to Whyte for getting to his feet when he was so clearly done.

I never believed he would retire after the fight, but on the night itself I learned he made a promise to his wife which made me reconsider. Then, in the post fight interview, he said he made the promise after the Wilder trilogy. Jesus. There was absolutely no need for the Whyte fight, no one thought it was a debatable outcome. You simply cannot trust anything he says.

He also said that he owed it to the fans and that the chance to fight back in the U.K. in front of such an audience was too good to turn down. So at least be consistent and put the rest of what he’s said if you’re going to be having another pop at him instead of pretending context doesn’t exist.

Wasn't the pay split 80/20 in Fury's favour? That's despicable. And Fury is the man who claimed he gave his whole purse to charity a couple of years ago.

Why is it? What was Whyte bringing to the table other than absolutely nothing? Fury was the bigger name, Fury was the Champion, Fury is the one who just had a blockbuster trilogy with Wilder. People were buying into this fight because it was Fury that was fighting, not because it was Whyte. I don’t think Whyte has ever come close to pulling in an audience anywhere near the magnitude of what Fury has when you compare their records.
      Whyte was coming into it on the back of needing two attempts to beat Povetkin.

And this fight only happened because AJ made a mess of it against Usyk and lost his chance.

Please explain how you think the purse split wasn’t fair.

If Whyte had won this fight and there was a rematch then he’d have held all the cards and would’ve commanded the bigger split but as expected he lost so once again, he goes into the next set of negotiations with no bargaining power.
      « Last Edit: Apr 24, 2022 01:47:20 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1461: Apr 24, 2022 02:07:52 am
      He also said that he owed it to the fans and that the chance to fight back in the U.K. in front of such an audience was too good to turn down. So at least be consistent and put the rest of what he’s said if you’re going to be having another pop at him instead of pretending context doesn’t exist.

Why is it? What was Whyte bringing to the table other than absolutely nothing? Fury was the bigger name, Fury was the Champion, Fury is the one who just had a blockbuster trilogy with Wilder. People were buying into this fight because it was Fury that was fighting, not because it was Whyte. I don’t think Whyte has ever come close to pulling in an audience anywhere near the magnitude of what Fury has when you compare their records.
      Whyte was coming into it on the back of needing two attempts to beat Povetkin.

And this fight only happened because AJ made a mess of it against Usyk and lost his chance.

Please explain how you think the purse split wasn’t fair.

If Whyte had won this fight and there was a rematch then he’d have held all the cards and would’ve commanded the bigger split but as expected he lost so once again, he goes into the next set of negotiations with no bargaining power.

Come on lad,that's total bias. Owed it to the fans? Owed what? As if anyone got in the ring and risked his life because of the fans. Too good to turn down? It was a nothing fight, how big do you think it would have been against AJ before the Uysyk defeat? Give your head a wobble.

Most championship fights are around a 60/40 split aren't they? Fury exploited Whyte's desperation after being frozen out by the coward moron Wilder and the corrupt WBC.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #1462: Apr 24, 2022 02:37:40 am
      I like Fury. But watching his last few fights shows how bad the division has become. Fury is a good boxer and has a great chin. But, I never understood how Deontay Wilder was a Champion. He is literally a bad boxer. But I'm biased. I remember Ali, Frazier and Foreman and Mike Tyson. Happy for Fury. He deserves the title.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1463: Apr 24, 2022 03:17:19 am
      I’d like to see Tyson take on Ruiz, think that would be a decent fight…
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #1464: Apr 24, 2022 03:27:46 am
      Why is that despicable  he’s at the top , he’s giving someone a shot at it who quite frankly isn’t , and been proved not fckin good enough , he’s had a great payday off the real deal , why the Fck should he get half the purse for being no where near the same class , I mean going by that mantra Harry Maguire deserves the same as Virgil
      Boxers get given a chance , if their good enough they take it and go on to make lots of money which they deserve
      Lloyd Honeygan being a prime example of it .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #1465: Apr 24, 2022 03:36:14 am
      I like Fury. But watching his last few fights shows how bad the division has become. Fury is a good boxer and has a great chin. But, I never understood how Deontay Wilder was a Champion. He is literally a bad boxer. But I'm biased. I remember Ali, Frazier and Foreman and Mike Tyson. Happy for Fury. He deserves the title.

Different eras and all that , grew up watching them you name , and there only one in his prime who would tonk the lot , As good as iron Mike was there an old adage a great big one will beat a great small one , in his era Fury has no equals and that’s all he can do .
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1466: Apr 24, 2022 03:40:11 am
      I’d like to see Tyson take on Ruiz, think that would be a decent fight…

I was really confused by this post until I realised you meant Fury, not Mike. Tyson is Mike to me. Ruiz v Fury? Depends on how Fury approached it. With the height difference he could make his chin out of reach at all times and get an easy and boring jab win. Sounds like a shut out fight to me.

I'm more impressed by Fury's skills and adaptablitiy as time goes on. He never had power in his career until he joined the Kronk gym. Another string to his bow. Maybe he's got too many tools for AJ, maybe he's too big for the superior boxer Usyk. He's still got to prove it and against both, whatever the result of the rematch AJ - Usyk.
      « Last Edit: Apr 24, 2022 03:52:17 am by Isaac! »
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1467: Apr 24, 2022 03:45:43 am
      Why is that despicable  he’s at the top , he’s giving someone a shot at it who quite frankly isn’t , and been proved not fckin good enough , he’s had a great payday off the real deal , why the Fck should he get half the purse for being no where near the same class , I mean going by that mantra Harry Maguire deserves the same as Virgil
      Boxers get given a chance , if their good enough they take it and go on to make lots of money which they deserve
      Lloyd Honeygan being a prime example of it .

Obviously Fury is the name and the draw, but had it been AJ Fury then AJ is the draw (at the itme ) and Fury was never willing to accept it.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #1468: Apr 24, 2022 03:53:05 am
      Obviously Fury is the name and the draw, but had it been AJ Fury then AJ is the draw (at the itme ) and Fury was never willing to accept it.
      Seriously, Fury would batter Aj and he knows it , only reason that fight didn’t happen is Aj couldn’t deal with the supposedly smaller guy who done him up , , Every good heavyweight out there knows Aj can’t take a great shot , same as Dillon tonight susceptible to the uppercut and got done by it again , boxers do their homework ,
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1469: Apr 24, 2022 04:01:48 am
      Seriously, Fury would batter Aj and he knows it , only reason that fight didn’t happen is Aj couldn’t deal with the supposedly smaller guy who done him up , , Every good heavyweight out there knows Aj can’t take a great shot , same as Dillon tonight susceptible to the uppercut and got done by it again , boxers do their homework ,

He can't take a high temple shot, true. AJ's startegy should be to go all out for the first three round with multiple combinations. Fury never faced them before and I'd like to see what happens. The best strategy for AJ is to blitz him early. Fury has fewer weaknesses than AJ, but no one can cope wit AJ throwing full on combos.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1470: Apr 24, 2022 04:03:55 am
      I was really confused by this post until I realised you meant Fury, not Mike. Tyson is Mike to me. Ruiz v Fury? Depends on how Fury approached it. With the height difference he could make his chin out of reach at all times and get an easy and boring jab win. Sounds like a shut out fight to me.

I'm more impressed by Fury's skills and adaptablitiy as time goes on. He never had power in his career until he joined the Kronk gym. Another string to his bow. Maybe he's got too many tools for AJ, maybe he's too big for the superior boxer Usyk. He's still got to prove it and against both, whatever the result of the rematch AJ - Usyk.

If Ruiz goes in with the weight he had against the first AJ fight I think he could cause another upset, he’s a clever & powerful boxer.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,872 posts | 2693 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1471: Apr 24, 2022 07:17:47 am

F**kin Swinger, bet your good at stroke play ye dirty stop out 😂

Your on reported  :lmao: 3 month ban awaiting confirmation.  ;D

Quick Reply