Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Boxing

Read 224971 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Boxing
      Reply #1472: Apr 24, 2022 07:19:10 am
      he is a bandit mate single handicapper playing of 19.

The only reason why I’m called a bandit is because I carry a gun for when I see that faking Billy.  :lmao: :lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,950 posts | 5009 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1473: Apr 24, 2022 07:44:31 am
      The only reason why I’m called a bandit is because I carry a gun for when I see that faking Billy.  :lmao: :lmao:

You’d miss, like Bruno, ya Manc Cnut 😂 😂
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1474: Apr 24, 2022 09:58:32 am

You’d miss, like Bruno, ya Manc Cnut 😂 😂

Probably, but I’d having you following through whilst your running away.  :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1475: Apr 24, 2022 10:36:46 am
      Come on lad,that's total bias. Owed it to the fans? Owed what? As if anyone got in the ring and risked his life because of the fans. Too good to turn down? It was a nothing fight, how big do you think it would have been against AJ before the Uysyk defeat? Give your head a wobble.

Most championship fights are around a 60/40 split aren't they? Fury exploited Whyte's desperation after being frozen out by the coward moron Wilder and the corrupt WBC.

If I need to explain that to you then there is no hope of you ever comprehending anything rational.
      You’re the one who needs to give their head a wobble. You’re as bad as that lad on here who was constantly scampering to find ways to try and take shots at Rafa.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #1476: Apr 24, 2022 10:53:12 am
      If Ruiz goes in with the weight he had against the first AJ fight I think he could cause another upset, he’s a clever & powerful boxer.
      Go in carrying that weight against fury and he’s getting hammered , fury could pick him off at will all night long , to think a lumbering fatty could hunt Fury down is plain laughable,
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1477: Apr 24, 2022 11:17:39 am
      Completely disagree. Fury is so over-rated it's ridiculous. Why can't people see how clumsy he is, don't they remember how he gave himself an uppercut, how he struggled to get past taxi drivers? Wilder is the worst heavyweight in history, he doesn't even have the basics, he drags the back leg around like a dead weight. Every single time Wilder faced anyone with any ability he struggled hugely. Beating Wilder is no great achievement, although I must concede getting up from that knockout was miraculous. I've never seen anyone deeply unconscious and beat a ten count, unique as far as I know. But Fury could only beat Wilder in that first fight when he was so unfit and weak because Wilder is so bad. The list of former fighters who would beat Fury is nearly endless. Klitschko would have beaten Fury if only he let his hands go. He finally did in the last round out of desperation, landed powerful shots and easily won the round. Every rouns should have been like that. Go back and look and that round and still insist Fury is a great fighter.

yep sounds like you really rate him.
      I think I will listen to Lennox Lewis's opinion of him.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #1478: Apr 24, 2022 01:03:28 pm
      Come on lad,that's total bias. Owed it to the fans? Owed what? As if anyone got in the ring and risked his life because of the fans. Too good to turn down? It was a nothing fight, how big do you think it would have been against AJ before the Uysyk defeat? Give your head a wobble.

Most championship fights are around a 60/40 split aren't they? Fury exploited Whyte's desperation after being frozen out by the coward moron Wilder and the corrupt WBC.

Problem is Whyte accepted it, he could of turned it down, but wanted the chance for the title rather than be arsed about the money.

As it was he got done by his kryptonite again. An uppercut. Every defeat Whyte has had, he's been done by an uppercut.

As for Tyson, he's got one fight left really. Unification fight against Usyk or AJ. Then if he wins he's undisputed champion and can walk away into the sunset.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #1479: Apr 24, 2022 01:05:42 pm
      Obviously Fury is the name and the draw, but had it been AJ Fury then AJ is the draw (at the itme ) and Fury was never willing to accept it.

Problem is AJ is no longer the draw, that's now Tyson!!

AJ has shown a few times he gets found out or has not been taking fights seriously enough. Did it with Ruiz and with Usyk.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #1480: Apr 24, 2022 01:09:04 pm

Loved watching Lennox back in the day, remember when all the gammons were choosing Bruno over Lewis cos he was proper English. Then got battered by Lewis.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #1481: Apr 24, 2022 01:12:10 pm
      I like Fury. But watching his last few fights shows how bad the division has become. Fury is a good boxer and has a great chin. But, I never understood how Deontay Wilder was a Champion. He is literally a bad boxer. But I'm biased. I remember Ali, Frazier and Foreman and Mike Tyson. Happy for Fury. He deserves the title.

You forgot Lewis as well. Loved it when he took Mike Tyson apart. For me Lennox was one of the classiest boxers I've seen. I also remember Riddick Bowe running from Lewis and that performance against Razor Ruddock
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1482: Apr 24, 2022 01:36:25 pm
      You forgot Lewis as well. Loved it when he took Mike Tyson apart. For me Lennox was one of the classiest boxers I've seen. I also remember Riddick Bowe running from Lewis and that performance against Razor Ruddock

Lewis was and still is a class act a real Boxing great and its good enough for me that he rates Tyson so highly.
      Lewis looks like a mountain of a man but again he gives away 4 inches in height and 2 stone in weight Tyson is a freak of nature to be so large yet so light and agile . But there is nobody close to him which is a real shame and whilst Wilder may not be a natural boxer he proved his metal in those fights and has a punch not many can survive a bit of a one trick pony but use what you have. I hope he fights AJ so he can put him into retirement I had a lot of time for AJ early on but he has been shielded all his career.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1483: Apr 24, 2022 01:48:30 pm
      Problem is AJ is no longer the draw, that's now Tyson!!

AJ has shown a few times he gets found out or has not been taking fights seriously enough. Did it with Ruiz and with Usyk.

I’m glad times have changed and Tyson now the box office attraction, let the racist Cnut AJ rot. I really hope Fury doesn’t fight again but my head says he may take AJ on at some stage.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1484: Apr 24, 2022 01:57:11 pm
      I’m glad times have changed and Tyson now the box office attraction, let the racist Cnut AJ rot. I really hope Fury doesn’t fight again but my head says he may take AJ on at some stage.

Tyson has developed and improved AJ hasn't and his little rant has turned a lot of people against him me included. Its nice to have a character in boxing they are mostly boring a sh*t and I dont care if Tyson says things that make you cringe at least he is open and not PC. We will miss him when he is no longer boxing
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1485: Apr 24, 2022 02:04:01 pm
      [quote author =waltonl4 link=topic=12311.msg2468558#msg2468558 date=1650805031]
      Tyson has developed and improved AJ hasn't and his little rant has turned a lot of people against him me included. Its nice to have a character in boxing they are mostly boring a sh*t and I dont care if Tyson says things that make you cringe at least he is open and not PC. We will miss him when he is no longer boxing
      [/quote]

Tyson may not be the most attractive boxer to watch but you certainly get entertainment from him  :D Once again spot on re PC, especially with AJ till his racist comments that sent his career into a nose dive, justifiable so.

It’s weird as years ago didn’t like Fury yet loved AJ, how things have changed and I’m now the opposite.  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #1486: Apr 24, 2022 02:52:04 pm

Depends, if Usyk beats AJ in the rematch, Tyson has absolutely no need to fight AJ.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1487: Apr 24, 2022 02:57:23 pm

I rate him as a top three heavyweight. Maybe he's the best, but he has to prove it. Everything I said is true. The pundits and the public over rate him. He is clumsy, he is badly put together. He's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. He's no Ali, he's not even Naz. When he puts his hands behind his back the effect is supposed to be ' look how easy it is for me, look how superior I am.' So look at his facial expression when he does it. He looks scared. The guy's a born clown. He claims to be a great talker, but his act is cringeworthy. He contradicts himself every week. When he first won the title he praised Jesus, had a cry then sang a song. The dignity of a Champion.

The Kronk style has improved him and he has a lot of strings to his bow. He's favourite over AJ, but can he overcome that power? It's not just one punch ( straight right from Wilder ) he has to defend but with AJ it's the left hook and uppercut too. Can he defend the combinations AJ will have to use?  Combination punching is rare at heavyweight and I've never seen anyone use it against Fury. He's favourite over Usyk because of his size, but Usyk is much the better boxer and he is much quicker. Is his size and weight enough? Not sure. Much of this might already have been decided had not the poisonous and useless Wilder clogged up the division for years.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1488: Apr 24, 2022 03:59:32 pm
      Depends, if Usyk beats AJ in the rematch, Tyson has absolutely no need to fight AJ.

He doesn’t but money talks as this was ( at one time ) the fight all British fans wanted at one stage, especially me  ;D as i Fury to knock the racist Cnut out.  :lmao:
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #1489: Apr 24, 2022 06:55:17 pm
      Good call. I did forget Lewis. You guys also had Frank Bruno. Bruno was a tank. Plus he was a Hwt Champ in 94 or 95? I think he beat Oliver McCall.
      I loved Lewis. Not an asshole like Tyson but respected his opponents and respected the sport. Great boxer. He was so fluid and technical.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #1490: Apr 24, 2022 08:21:51 pm
      He doesn’t but money talks as this was ( at one time ) the fight all British fans wanted at one stage, especially me  ;D as i Fury to knock the racist Cnut out.  :lmao:

I honestly think it will be a unified fight. AlthoughI actually still think AJ will struggle in the rematch. Usyk isn't Ruiz.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1491: Apr 24, 2022 08:23:37 pm
      I honestly think it will be a unified fight. AlthoughI actually still think AJ will struggle in the rematch. Usyk isn't Ruiz.

Unified if Fury stays, he won’t give a fcuk otherwise.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #1492: Apr 24, 2022 08:26:50 pm
      Unified if Fury stays, he won’t give a fcuk otherwise.

Exactly. One more fight to unify. A charity fight against Francis Ngannou and then he'll probably have a couple of appearances in WWE. He's a fan and had a few of the wrestlers tweeting him congratulations after the fight.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1493: Apr 25, 2022 01:44:35 am

When Lewis fought Tyson it was basically bullying by then, he was beating up a past it and a mentally distressed person. I think Tyson would have annihilated him in his prime, but who can tell. Lewis was the best that came after Tyson though and I was a fan.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1494: Apr 25, 2022 02:25:21 pm
      I had forgotten about this beat of a boxer he would have given Tyson a good run for his money in the heaviest heavyweight category.
      Oh  its not for the boxing purist but just watch how he lands more than one knockout punch at anyone time.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ_XMT0rZXQ

Quick Reply