Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Boxing

Read 224485 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,972 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Boxing
      Reply #1495: Apr 25, 2022 02:30:18 pm
      I had forgotten about this beat of a boxer he would have given Tyson a good run for his money in the heaviest heavyweight category.
      Oh  its not for the boxing purist but just watch how he lands more than one knockout punch at anyone time.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ_XMT0rZXQ

Mike Tyson or Tyson Fury?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #1496: Apr 25, 2022 06:18:29 pm
      Just been listening to Dillion whytes interview, totally fckin embarrassing imho , the punch didn’t put him down Fury pushed him to the floor and he banged his head 🤣🤣
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1497: Apr 25, 2022 08:25:52 pm
      When Lewis fought Tyson it was basically bullying by then, he was beating up a past it and a mentally distressed person. I think Tyson would have annihilated him in his prime, but who can tell. Lewis was the best that came after Tyson though and I was a fan.

Utter bullshit like, you also forgot released rapist as well!!

Nah I genuinely think if they fought earlier Lewis would of still done Tyson. The power with which he destroyed Ruddock was ferocious. He was no Bruno!
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1498: Apr 26, 2022 12:29:25 am
      Utter bullshit like, you also forgot released rapist as well!!

Nah I genuinely think if they fought earlier Lewis would of still done Tyson. The power with which he destroyed Ruddock was ferocious. He was no Bruno!

We'll never know. Tyson fought to about 80% of his prime in the first round against Lewis. He was fast, evasive and dangerous but still got banged with an uppercut. After that it was a no contest, and Tyson submitted to a beating for money.

I don't think Tyson was a rapist. He is/was destructive, violent, manipulative and a natural criminal. There was one interview after he had finished his prison sentence where he was asked about it and he said, " I wish I had F***ing raped her. " That's as dark and as truthful as it gets, but it suggests to me he didn't do it. I can't imagine a guilty person saying that.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #1499: Apr 26, 2022 03:02:33 am
      no chance Tyson in his earlier years was a total different fighter and absolute animal the taller they were the quicker they fell.  Considering Lewis was older than him he fought well past it.   
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1500: Apr 26, 2022 10:41:29 am
      Tyson was sadly for him a bit dim and turned his back on those who cared for him and helped him to get to the top. 3 years in prison and still reunified the titles that was some effort. Drugs and drink hurt him more than his opponents . That first version of him was just like his name sake Tyson Fury a freak of nature had his mentor and father figure lived on for 10  more years who knows how it would have been for him. When Lewis fought him he hardly moved his head or his feet he was a shadow of his former self.
      I also heard from him about the biting incident when it was shown time and time again Holyfield tried to headbutt him so he enacted his revenge. Don King reportedly also stole over £100mil from him not as much as he spent on Drugs Drink and naughty women.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1501: Aug 16, 2022 05:03:14 pm
      Apparently on of Tyson's kids got into a bit of thing with a local and the local threatened to get his Dad imagine that going out to defend your boy and Tyson Fury turns up.
      See AJ trying to talk himself up not convinced hope he gets thumped
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,972 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1502: Aug 16, 2022 05:32:35 pm
      Apparently on of Tyson's kids got into a bit of thing with a local and the local threatened to get his Dad imagine that going out to defend your boy and Tyson Fury turns up.
      See AJ trying to talk himself up not convinced hope he gets thumped

Hoping AJ gets a proper battering, it’s what he deserves.  :tosser:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #1503: Aug 16, 2022 06:35:50 pm
      The only reason I’d want AJ to win is for the fury camp to get it on I’d rather see Fury smack seven bells out of him , now that would please me .
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,972 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1504: Aug 16, 2022 06:38:17 pm
      The only reason I’d want AJ to win is for the fury camp to get it on I’d rather see Fury smack seven bells out of him , now that would please me .

Valid point  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1505: Aug 17, 2022 08:06:57 am

Don’t think it will be a battering but I do think it will be like the first fight with Usyk again winning.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,972 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1506: Aug 17, 2022 08:59:05 am
      Don’t think it will be a battering but I do think it will be like the first fight with Usyk again winning.

It’s just based on me not liking him anymore more than judgement.  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1507: Aug 18, 2022 12:40:18 pm

Actually would like to see Usyk win as I think he could be the fighter to beat Fury.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,267 posts | 1392 
      Reply #1508: Aug 18, 2022 08:23:46 pm
      Not a fan of AJ. In it for the money, not that anyone could blame him for that but I don't like his fights. Not accusing him outright, just don't like him.

Eubank Jr V Conor Benn might be a genuine fight. Benn is going up a weight. Can't be certain of anything in the fight game.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1509: Aug 18, 2022 08:27:04 pm
      Not a fan of AJ. In it for the money, not that anyone could blame him for that but I don't like his fights. Not accusing him outright, just don't like him.

Eubank Jr V Conor Benn might be a genuine fight. Benn is going up a weight. Can't be certain of anything in the fight game.

Eubank Jr V Conor Benn is a big one.

I think Benn is just going to have too much for Eubank, strange that Eubanks dad still hasn't reached out to him.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #1510: Aug 18, 2022 08:33:21 pm
      I reckon A J will knock out Usyk this time around with a different less arrogant attitude. Too much power for the Ukrainian, who’s undoubted skill will not always overcome big power
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1511: Aug 18, 2022 08:55:20 pm

To be fair, if I’m getting smashed in the head, I would want paying well for it too.

But yeah, I don’t like him either. He became very arrogant and believed his own hype too much. He doesn’t respect his opponent enough and takes boxing for granted when it comes to facing the likes of Ruiz, and that’s why he’s been put on his arse so often. Plays all nice in his interviews but apparently he’s a nasty piece of work away from the cameras. Didn’t he go in and start threatening to break the jaws of a bunch of university kids that were giving him some stick?

He’s got some good wins on his CV, likes of Povetkin, Parker when he was up there as one of the better ones. But I don’t think he’d ever stand a chance against Wilder or Fury and I think White would probably beat him now too. It doesn’t take much to drop AJ so the power of Wilder would be far too much for him and Fury is too smart for him and would easily outbox him - don’t think it would be a quick knockout because Fury doesn’t have a massive amount of power, but the more the fight goes on, the more it favours him.
      Shame AJ won’t fight either of them for one reason or another. Can’t see him beating Usyk this time either so that will ruin any chance of it ever happening.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2818 
      Reply #1512: Aug 18, 2022 09:13:03 pm
      It'll be interesting to see how Joshua approaches this one, he will certainly have to change style to have a chance but even if he's more aggressive it will be difficult against someone as good as Usyk.

Either way, I hope the winner calls out Fury and gets that fight done. Too often the best don't fight the best in boxing.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,972 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1513: Aug 18, 2022 09:19:51 pm
      It'll be interesting to see how Joshua approaches this one, he will certainly have to change style to have a chance but even if he's more aggressive it will be difficult against someone as good as Usyk.

Either way, I hope the winner calls out Fury and gets that fight done. Too often the best don't fight the best in boxing.

Hope his approach same as last one. There’s only a remote chance Fury would come back if it was against AJ. Don’t think the attraction would be as big with Usyk.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1514: Aug 20, 2022 04:57:12 pm
      anyone paying SKY to watch this ..not for me this one.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,972 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1515: Aug 20, 2022 05:13:14 pm
      anyone paying SKY to watch this ..not for me this one.

I’m watching it, not paying for it though  :lmao:
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1516: Aug 20, 2022 08:29:55 pm
      Added a link to a reliable streaming site in the relevant thread if anyone wants to watch this one.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2818 
      Reply #1517: Aug 20, 2022 10:08:43 pm
      Good win for Callum Smith earlier - a title fight next summer at Anfield would be class.

Quick Reply