Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Boxing

Read 223539 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Re: Boxing
      Reply #897: Feb 23, 2017 05:16:43 pm
      Can't wait for next week's scrap between Haye and Bellew, I know he's a bluenose, but I hope Bellew batters that cockney tw*t.

I wonder what odds you'd get on us doing Arsenal and Bellew doing Haye?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,858 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #898: Feb 23, 2017 06:12:32 pm
      Can't wait for next week's scrap between Haye and Bellew, I know he's a bluenose, but I hope Bellew batters that cockney tw*t.

Can't see it red, I honestly think Haye will knock him out.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #899: Feb 23, 2017 06:18:07 pm

I wonder what odds you'd get on us doing Arsenal and Bellew doing Haye?

I can't stand that pr**k Haye either...I hope too Bellew chins him..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,858 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #900: Feb 23, 2017 06:45:57 pm
      I can't stand that pr**k Haye either...I hope too Bellew chins him..

I don't like any of them  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #901: Feb 28, 2017 12:46:16 pm
      Can't see it red, I honestly think Haye will knock him out.

Haye was looking rattled on that gloves are off programme, genuinely hope Bellew batters F**k out of Haye, who comes across as the bigger helmet.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #902: Feb 28, 2017 12:55:45 pm
      Haye was looking rattled on that gloves are off programme, genuinely hope Bellew batters f**k out of Haye, who comes across as the bigger helmet.

Yeah he did seem rattled.

Did you see yesterdays presser Haye lost it again as well think bellew starting to get to him.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,253 posts | 2799 
      Reply #903: Feb 28, 2017 02:26:09 pm
      Can they both lose?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #904: Feb 28, 2017 02:44:08 pm

Still want the scouser to do the cockney millwall supporting c**t!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,858 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #905: Feb 28, 2017 02:54:32 pm
      Haye was looking rattled on that gloves are off programme, genuinely hope Bellew batters f**k out of Haye, who comes across as the bigger helmet.

Certainly was but once Haye gets him in the ring will knock him out.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #906: Mar 04, 2017 11:56:00 pm
      So have the Bitters claimed this as a trophy win yet?
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,479 posts | 231 
      Reply #907: Mar 04, 2017 11:59:29 pm
      So Bellew wins in the 11th round after Haye's team throws in the towel.

For those who didnt watch it, it was quite an extraordinary match. Haye looked wild with his punches in the first few rounds, but was leading on points to the 5th/6th round then unexpectedly fell down (or slipped) walking back mid-round, his ankle looked like it was shot out. He was struggling to stand and Bellew landed more and more punches, Haye was struggling to offer any resistance. Next few rounds was the same, but Bellew couldn't land the fatal punch, he was getting tired. It was one way traffic. Last 3 rounds Haye actually started to land a few jabs and punches, thought Bellew still in control.

In the 11th round, Bellew knocked him down in between the ropes (not the strongest punch mind you). Haye actually got back in at the count of 9, but his team threw in the towel.

Bit of a weird ending and they are respectful of each other at the end, but got a bit too lovey-dovey. Credit to Haye for managing to fight on, especially after "Toegate". It did look like a legit injury. Not sure what was more crazy - him fighting on for or Bellew unable to knockout a man basically using one leg. His punches did land, just not enough force.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #908: Mar 05, 2017 12:11:38 am
      So all the pre fight hate hype forgotten & loved up at the end...

No mention of his ankle from Haye but put his toe was on show for the world after the loss the Klitchko..
      Que mugs buying the rematch...
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,385 posts | 1455 
      Reply #909: Mar 05, 2017 08:15:47 am
      So Bellew wins in the 11th round after Haye's team throws in the towel.

For those who didnt watch it, it was quite an extraordinary match. Haye looked wild with his punches in the first few rounds, but was leading on points to the 5th/6th round then unexpectedly fell down (or slipped) walking back mid-round, his ankle looked like it was shot out. He was struggling to stand and Bellew landed more and more punches, Haye was struggling to offer any resistance. Next few rounds was the same, but Bellew couldn't land the fatal punch, he was getting tired. It was one way traffic. Last 3 rounds Haye actually started to land a few jabs and punches, thought Bellew still in control.

In the 11th round, Bellew knocked him down in between the ropes (not the strongest punch mind you). Haye actually got back in at the count of 9, but his team threw in the towel.

Bit of a weird ending and they are respectful of each other at the end, but got a bit too lovey-dovey. Credit to Haye for managing to fight on, especially after "Toegate". It did look like a legit injury. Not sure what was more crazy - him fighting on for or Bellew unable to knockout a man basically using one leg. His punches did land, just not enough force.
      It was a bizzare fight as you say,haye just looked to loose in the openeing rounds,his gloves weren't even up but down by his sides.
      In fairness to haye he did mention the Achilles injury before the fight so as you say maybe the injury was legitimate & in the end it was like bellew was fighting a tailors dummy.
      lost some respect for haye after the toe fiasco with Klitschko as you & shabs mention & then to follow that up with the business with fury but I have to give haye kudos for fighting on for as long as he did,either way it was a decent payday for both fighters & as bellew was at pains to point out whilst being interviewed in the ring it was all about the money.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #910: Mar 05, 2017 08:58:11 am
      F***ing made up, the lad shut that gobs***e down. Haye is a sh*t fighter and nothing but a mouthpiece.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #911: Mar 05, 2017 10:14:23 am
      F***ing made up, the lad shut that gobs***e down. Haye is a sh*t fighter and nothing but a mouthpiece.

They're both gobshites. The only fair result was for them to knock each other out. Bellew showed his maturity when he drove past Anfield and spat through his window.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #912: Mar 05, 2017 10:39:32 am
      They're both gobshites. The only fair result was for them to knock each other out. Bellew showed his maturity when he drove past Anfield and spat through his window.

The word is the scouser done the business and beat the sh*t outa the gobby f***in Landaner, he can golly where he likes mate - job done.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,479 posts | 231 
      Reply #913: Mar 05, 2017 01:16:34 pm
      Yeah they are both gobshites. Haye was ahead on points before his injury and it was Bellow stating to take heavier breaths and tire. I think Haye would have won without the achillies injury.

We really need to see some unification matches.. if Joshua beats Klitschko, then I would love to see him face Wilder or Parker.

Or in the interim, Luis Ortiz.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3390 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #914: Mar 05, 2017 01:17:35 pm
      Yeah they are both gobshites. Haye was ahead on points before his injury and it was Bellow stating to take heavier breaths and tire. I think Haye would have won without the achillies injury.

Joshua would demolish the pair at the same time.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,479 posts | 231 
      Reply #915: Mar 05, 2017 01:18:42 pm
      Joshua would demolish the pair at the same time.

Most definitely!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,143 posts | 4896 
      Reply #916: Mar 05, 2017 03:36:13 pm
      Did Bellew really call out Deontay Wilder after the fight?

He may hope he doesn't respond as he'd make mince meat out of him as would Joshua.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,253 posts | 2799 
      Reply #917: Mar 05, 2017 04:01:36 pm
      Bellew can't compete with Joshua, Parker or Wilder. He was behind before Haye's injury and after that he still couldn't deliver the finishing blow for quite a while. He's much better off looking for some unification fights at cruiserweight.

Still kind of glad he won though. At least this puts Haye's 'return' in tatters.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #918: Mar 05, 2017 06:11:35 pm
      Bellew showed his maturity when he drove past Anfield and spat through his window.

That's just normal Evertonian behaviour, you get used to it living in the same city as them ;)

Scousers rule though and don't forget it!!

Oh wish I'd thrown that bet on now ;D.

Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,479 posts | 231 
      Reply #919: Mar 05, 2017 06:38:29 pm
      Wilder is a very hard-hitter but has not really had many (if any) legitimate competition. Bellew in some ways would be his hardest test. Not sure Bellew is cut out for heavyweight in the long run.

Quick Reply