Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Boxing

Read 221991 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Boxing
      Reply #1058: Sep 17, 2017 05:09:40 am
      Can't believe the Triple G - Canelo fight ended a draw, thought Golovkin had just done enough to win, good fight though and can't wait for the rematch.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #1059: Sep 17, 2017 06:25:17 am
      Can't believe the Triple G - Canelo fight ended a draw, thought Golovkin had just done enough to win, good fight though and can't wait for the rematch.

Was a brilliant fight, that card with Canelo winning by half a dozen rounds was baffling though!
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #1060: Sep 17, 2017 06:26:25 am
      Im a big Canelo fan. I like him. I like his style,  attitude and the way he fights. But, GGG won this fight. Im not surprised. Canelo as Champ means more money for the promoters and boxing in general. This is just another in a LOOOOOONNNGGG line of bad decisions and scoring by corrupt officials and judges. Boxing was finally making a comeback and this fight was huge for PPV and promoters.   But, sadly it went like it ALWAYS does. Money over boxing and they really blew it. Another shining example why Boxing is dying a slow, corrupt miserable death and MMA and especially UFC is the future. The UFC rarely has poor decisions and its just sad.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #1061: Sep 17, 2017 06:34:35 am
      I don't think it was a close as the pundit had it.  GGG won by at least 3 rounds.  Going to watch it again but GGG got robbed it all falls into the hands of Canelo with age on his side.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1062: Sep 17, 2017 08:02:44 am
      Poor GGG, thought he had that one. The judge that had Canelo by 6 rounds should be fired
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1063: Sep 17, 2017 09:02:39 am
      Poor GGG, thought he had that one. The judge that had Canelo by 6 rounds should be fired

8 rounds even!
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1064: Sep 17, 2017 09:18:57 am

It's madness. It must be by far and away the dirtiest sport in terms of corrupt officials. It's not even a surprise anymore when you see sh*t like this.

This is far worse 'for boxing' than MayMac ever was.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1065: Sep 17, 2017 10:34:56 am
      It's madness. It must be by far and away the dirtiest sport in terms of corrupt officials. It's not even a surprise anymore when you see sh*t like this.

It's truly bizarre how scorecards can be wildly different. Just like football, you have thousands of people paying loads of money to attend or watch, fighters spending all their time training and then it comes down to a few people's thoughts.

Should announce the scores after every round in boxing.  Think it would lead to better fights IMO.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1066: Sep 17, 2017 10:39:26 am
      Reckon diane abbott has a future aa a boxing judge
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1067: Sep 17, 2017 12:26:16 pm
      It's truly bizarre how scorecards can be wildly different. Just like football, you have thousands of people paying loads of money to attend or watch, fighters spending all their time training and then it comes down to a few people's thoughts.

Should announce the scores after every round in boxing.  Think it would lead to better fights IMO.

I think they have tried open scoring before but never in a fight this big.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1068: Sep 17, 2017 02:10:11 pm
      Im a big Canelo fan. I like him. I like his style,  attitude and the way he fights. But, GGG won this fight. Im not surprised. Canelo as Champ means more money for the promoters and boxing in general. This is just another in a LOOOOOONNNGGG line of bad decisions and scoring by corrupt officials and judges. Boxing was finally making a comeback and this fight was huge for PPV and promoters.   But, sadly it went like it ALWAYS does. Money over boxing and they really blew it. Another shining example why Boxing is dying a slow, corrupt miserable death and MMA and especially UFC is the future. The UFC rarely has poor decisions and its just sad.

Totally agree, really like Canelo as a fighter, apart from looking like Bertie's doppleganger, but he was lucky to get a draw. Still trying to get my head round that first scorecard that gave it to Canelo. All eyes seem to be making more money from a rematch. I just can't get into MMA and have always loved watching boxing, but sometimes decisions like this do leave a sour taste.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1069: Sep 17, 2017 08:00:58 pm
      Teddy Atlas has a great rant here about boxing judges after last night's GGG/Canelo fight

https://twitter.com/agaz996/status/909271501450485761
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #1070: Sep 18, 2017 08:32:34 am
      Totally agree, really like Canelo as a fighter, apart from looking like Bertie's doppleganger, but he was lucky to get a draw. Still trying to get my head round that first scorecard that gave it to Canelo. All eyes seem to be making more money from a rematch. I just can't get into MMA and have always loved watching boxing, but sometimes decisions like this do leave a sour taste.
      If Canelo fought like he did in the Chavez fight, he would of won clearly. He completely dominated Chavez. I think he had trouble with 3Gs style. I dont think 3G
      hit him with anything he wasnt expecting. I just think Canelo had a problem getting
      to a point where he could dictate the fight.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1071: Sep 18, 2017 10:51:18 pm
      See Bellew saying he will retire Haye and put him to sleep if they have a re-match. Well, he wasn't even able to do that when Haye was fighting on 1 leg for about 5 rounds so I can't see it happening.

But, I don't like either of them so happily see them beat the crap out of each other.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #1072: Sep 20, 2017 01:20:10 pm
      See Bellew saying he will retire Haye and put him to sleep if they have a re-match. Well, he wasn't even able to do that when Haye was fighting on 1 leg for about 5 rounds so I can't see it happening.

But, I don't like either of them so happily see them beat the crap out of each other.

I'm so sick of Haye coming out every 5 minutes challenging whoever the current title holder is and saying how he wants to fight AJ.

Hope he does fight AJ so he knocks his F***ing block into next week and we never have to hear from that clown again.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1073: Sep 20, 2017 01:57:24 pm
      I'm so sick of Haye coming out every 5 minutes challenging whoever the current title holder is and saying how he wants to fight AJ.

Hope he does fight AJ so he knocks his f**king block into next week and we never have to hear from that clown again.

Can't stand Haye, really can't.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #1074: Sep 20, 2017 10:19:47 pm
      Can't stand Haye, really can't.

Me too mate. Completely does my head in.

Great cruiserweight. Massively overrated as a heavyweight by the British public and his constant remarks just do my head in.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #1075: Sep 21, 2017 11:06:03 pm
      Well that is easy put him against Joshua and he goes to sleep within 3 rounds!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1076: Sep 21, 2017 11:22:46 pm
      Haye fights AJ and he will be on the receiving end of the battering he said he was going to give Bellew, but worse. AJ is bigger, more powerful, quicker and smarter
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1077: Sep 22, 2017 12:09:30 am
      Can't wait for Rio to call all the boxers out...

That towie bird has made him
      beleive his own hype..
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1078: Sep 22, 2017 07:31:36 am
      Andre Ward announced his retirement. Fantastic fighter.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1079: Sep 22, 2017 08:40:23 am
      Can't wait for Rio to call all the boxers out...

That towie bird has made him
      beleive his own hype..

He won't and shouldn't get a licence

Yeah he's been one of the  best in recent years

Better to get out on top with your bank balance and mind in tact
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1080: Sep 22, 2017 09:34:44 am

World class. Just a shame he didn't fight as much as he could have.

Quick Reply