Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Boxing

Read 221997 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Boxing
      Reply #1150: Dec 02, 2018 01:52:39 pm
      Read a few tweets about how Fury got up like the Undertaker from WWE & then the camera goes to Woidlers face who’s face from smiling goes to ‘oh sh*t’ 😁

Nah he was doing a few histrionics for the crowd, eyes suddenly darting to Fury dragging himself up, then Wilder smiles.

I thought Fury had done enough in the fight even with the two knockdowns to win. But Wilder is not a great fight. All he does is swing that one F***ing shot.

AJ will batter Wilder.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1151: Dec 02, 2018 01:55:09 pm
      Win lose or draw, despite his charm offensive fury is still an absolute bellend and would love to see joshua bury him. Yeah on balance fury probably won last night but it isn't the great injustice some people will insist on.

On that I probably agree, but thought he got his tactics mainly right last night - apart from inviting on Wilder when he should of been keeping him at arms length with his jab.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1152: Dec 02, 2018 01:56:54 pm
      My only doubt with Fury was loosing the weight quickly & then having the strength to box competivley so quick..

Robbed..

Joshua would struggle against Fury..

AJ would absolutely dismantle Fury then knock him out. He's a far, far more skilful boxer than Wilder.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1153: Dec 02, 2018 02:03:33 pm
      Joshua only fights patsies not gypsies

Klitchko,Whyte,Parker & Povetkin are no pasties..
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1154: Dec 02, 2018 02:20:58 pm
      AJ would absolutely dismantle Fury then knock him out. He's a far, far more skilful boxer than Wilder.

Nah no danger. AJ is programmed mate - he’s great at what he does but you can see him processing, thinking and then reacting. Fury does all that simultaneously - it’s natural.

Fury would feint him out of his mind and win comfortably in my humble....

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1155: Feb 24, 2019 08:39:31 am
      Chris Eubank Jr with a Rock bottom on De Gale.. 😂
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1156: Feb 24, 2019 09:03:50 am
      Chris Eubank Jr with a Rock bottom on De Gale.. 😂

At one time I thought I was watching karate  :lmao: Eubank certain takes no prisoners  ;D
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #1157: Apr 16, 2019 08:28:52 pm
      How the F**k has Khan got a shot at Crawford?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1158: Apr 17, 2019 09:27:34 am
      How the F**k has Khan got a shot at Crawford?

Crawford needs a tune up fight
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #1159: Apr 17, 2019 10:27:33 pm

Become a F***ing millionaire with the weakest jaw I've ever saw
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1160: Apr 18, 2019 06:15:02 pm
      AJ looking for a new opponent, Miller has failed a drugs test.

Ironic really, wasn’t he accusing AJ of doping?
      « Last Edit: Apr 18, 2019 06:21:37 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1161: Jun 02, 2019 09:44:04 am
      AJ with a shock loss to Ruiz!

Well, I say shock but it’s deserved. After Joshua knocked him down in the 3rd he immediately became cocky, complacent and showed a lack of respect for his opponent and got rightly punished for it. Pissing around with his mouth guard too to try and bide his time didn’t work, the ref had his ass out of there.
      Dropping his guard looking for the spectacular knock out. Goes with that attitude in a fight again and he will end up seeing his career go the same way as Amir Khan.
      « Last Edit: Jun 02, 2019 05:57:31 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1162: Jun 02, 2019 04:56:33 pm
      AJ with a shock loss to Ruiz!

Well, I say shock but it’s deserved. After Joshua knocked him down in the 3rd he immediately became cocky, complacent and showed a lack of respect for his opponent and got rightly punished for it. Pissing sound with his mouth guard too to try and bide his time didn’t work, the ref had his ass out of there.
      Dropping his guard looking for the spectacular knock out. Goes with that attitude in a fight again and he will end up seeing his career go the same way as Amir Khan.

That was a farce and AJ didn't look as well toned going into the fight. It looked like a mismatch but it shows if you take boxing for granted and disrespect it you'll get decked. No doubt AJ will come back from this but very unprofessional and it puts and end to any invincibility myths.
      Quickness6
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #1163: Jun 11, 2019 05:16:34 pm
      Looking forward to the fights between Tyson Fury vs Tom Schwarz (Las Vegas) and Josh Warrington vs Kid Galahad from Leeds.
      The heavyweight saga continues and I never expected Andy Ruiz Jr to defeat Anthony Joshua the other week & take all his belts.
      Lets see what happens fight fans, its going to be fire. Better buy that extra EXTRA food & drink there's nothing like a fight party.
      « Last Edit: Jun 11, 2019 06:43:45 pm by Quickness6 »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1164: Aug 12, 2019 10:39:27 am
      Talk of AJ and Ruiz having the rematch in Saudi Arabia. Complete joke if that actually happens.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1165: Aug 12, 2019 12:40:19 pm
      Talk of AJ and Ruiz having the rematch in Saudi Arabia. Complete joke if that actually happens.

sh*t show..& all to please the tyrant MBS...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1166: Oct 26, 2019 11:45:37 pm
      David Price beaten again tonight by Derek Chisora and Josh Taylor winning a brilliant fight against Regis Prograis
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1167: Nov 24, 2019 09:04:16 am
      Callum Smith getting some generous scorecards last night to avoid a massive upset.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #1168: Nov 24, 2019 09:13:25 am
      Callum Smith getting some generous scorecards last night to avoid a massive upset.

Didnt see it was it a good fight? Smith was big favourite eh
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1169: Nov 24, 2019 02:22:58 pm
      Wilder is a beast, the guy lacks technique but F**k me can he hit hard!

Joshua is going to be ducking him for months on end, I think Fury is the only Heavyweight who could pose a problem to Wilder, his ability to move is second to none in the division.

If Ruiz beats Joshua again, I am not entirely sure where Joshua goes from there, nevertheless exciting times ahead in the Heavyweight division.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1170: Nov 24, 2019 03:10:05 pm
      Didnt see it was it a good fight? Smith was big favourite eh

Was a decent fight. Ryder boxed very well and a 117-111 scorecard was extremely harsh on him.

Wilder is a beast, the guy lacks technique but f**k me can he hit hard!

Joshua is going to be ducking him for months on end, I think Fury is the only Heavyweight who could pose a problem to Wilder, his ability to move is second to none in the division.

If Ruiz beats Joshua again, I am not entirely sure where Joshua goes from there, nevertheless exciting times ahead in the Heavyweight division.

There's no doubt Wilder's got the most fearsome punch in the division but I think Fury beats him. Despite the two knockdowns, he should have won the first fight as he outboxed him quite comfortably over the 12 rounds and the problems Ortiz caused in the first few rounds makes me think Wilder still hasn't developed in that regard.

Joshua is in the awkward situation of not having quite the power of a Wilder and certainly not the movement of a Fury. I struggle to see him avoiding a big Wilder punch over 12 rounds (after what happened v Ruiz) and I don't see him landing enough against Fury. Anyway, that only becomes an issue if Joshua wins in a couple of weeks time which will be harder than people think after the manner of what happened in the first fight (unless some of those Joshua conspiracy theories were actually true).
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #1171: Nov 25, 2019 12:28:49 am

Agree the scorecards were generous but Smith was the right winner in my opinion.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1172: Nov 25, 2019 12:29:26 am
      Wilder is a beast, the guy lacks technique but F**k me can he hit hard!

Fury will give Wilder a fight, I just don't think he has the power to beat him.

The one British fighter I'd love to see fight Wilder is Dillian Whyte, who has improved immensely as a boxer since his fight with Joshua, I think he would give Wilder a hell of a fight and has the power to beat him.

Quick Reply