Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Boxing

Read 222096 times
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Re: Boxing
      Reply #1173: Nov 26, 2019 04:19:43 pm
      Callum Smith getting some generous scorecards last night to avoid a massive upset.

I agree and thought Smith was lucky not to draw that at least.

Wanted Wilder to lose that Ortiz fight and he was struggling badly until that great punch. Fury will beat him if he doesn't get caught flush.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #1174: Dec 07, 2019 07:15:03 am
      Anyone else think Joshua has lost too much weight for tonights fight ? 🤔
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1175: Dec 07, 2019 09:48:56 am
      Anyone else think Joshua has lost too much weight for tonights fight ? 🤔

If he stays on his toes behind the jab , doesn’t get pulled into a slug fest he will win , get too cute and get embroiled in a war he will lose , no problem with him coming down as long as he uses the ring and keeps the big guy moving do that he will win between 8/10 
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #1176: Dec 07, 2019 03:30:34 pm
      Think hes definatley planned to take him the distance
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1177: Dec 07, 2019 10:12:55 pm
      Well done AJ 12 rounds of boxing master class never looked in danger tonight
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #1178: Dec 07, 2019 10:13:17 pm
      Fair play to AJ, didn't think he had a performance like that in him.

Masterclass.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,970 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1179: Dec 08, 2019 10:38:05 pm
      Fair play to AJ, didn't think he had a performance like that in him.

Masterclass.

Don't buy into it...the whole thing smelt a bit fishy. Ruiz could never beat AJ..
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #1180: Dec 08, 2019 11:20:50 pm
      I think Ruiz has looked decent in his last 2 fights like to see him fight another world class fighter.  Deontay wilder maybe.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1181: Dec 09, 2019 10:45:48 am
      I think Ruiz has looked decent in his last 2 fights like to see him fight another world class fighter.  Deontay wilder maybe.

Wilder would destroy him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1182: Jan 19, 2020 11:20:23 am
      cant find a thread for it so plonked it here. Conor McGregor won his return bout last night in just 40 seconds what about a third winner takes all then?.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1183: Feb 23, 2020 11:05:19 am
      Got up early in the morning to watch the Tyson fight not sure how it would pan out.
      Turns out I was so glad I did because for me it was one of the best heavyweight performances by any boxer from any generation by Tyson.
      He simply dismantled Wilder round by round beating the sh*t out of him along the way. 6ft 9in nearly 20 stone if he hits you, you stay hit.
      Wilder will have some sore bones today.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1184: Feb 23, 2020 02:10:07 pm
      I haven't got a 5am stay up in me any more Walt, unfortunately my neighbours have recently discovered the joys of cocaine so were in their bedroom which is right next to ours screaming support for a gypsy in Las Vegas as though he was outside the window all the way through the f**king fight.

Or plan was to get up and avoid all news and watch the replay at 9am but thanks to fat gob next door we already knew the result.

All that said, we still watched the replay and how Wilder stayed up for the last five rounds I don't know, resilient f**ker.

I'm not a fury fan at all, in truth I can't f**king stand the C**t but he took him out good and proper.

Same here mate as far as getting up but I went for a pee  and thought may as well see if its started yet and I was just in time to see the first round. Same here as far as Fury not a fan of the man but having seen the ALi ,Frazier fights as a kid and subsequent mega fights this was as good as any of them and I watched it again this morning and enjoyed it just as much. Really think Joshua has far more to offer than Wilder and is just a deadly an all British Heavy weight fight at Wembley with 90000 people would be worth watching
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1185: Feb 23, 2020 03:42:10 pm
      14 hrs on the lash yesterday managed to stay up and awake for the fight , Fury at his absolute best destroyed Deontay , I have a feeling he would do the same to AJ Fury lit up the heavyweight division with that performance.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1186: Feb 23, 2020 04:14:43 pm
      problem for Wilder is he clearly isn't a natural boxer he was getting hammered and still didn't get his hands up . AJ isn't Wilder he is a talented boxer with similar power so it will be totally different for Fury and I doubt he could have gone the distance at the pace he fought today.
      All that aside anyone watching that just has to be impressed how he totally dominated Wilder from the first bell it looked like Wilder had realised he had fought over 40 bums previously before Tyson Fury and had no answer to Fury's "total boxing" display
      Kopite78
      Reply #1187: Feb 23, 2020 04:25:36 pm
      I like AJ but Fury would school him
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #1188: Feb 23, 2020 04:43:45 pm
      Hell of a performance from Fury last night. Wilder did well just to get to Round 7.

Agree that Fury beats AJ. Just hope that they find a way to get that fight on - would be great to see one of them unify the division for the first time ever (even if it's just for a short while before the mandatories kick in).
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1189: Feb 23, 2020 06:15:57 pm
      Woke up for a piss a 5.30 put my phone on to see if fight was still on but saw it was over so went straight back to sleep
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1190: Feb 23, 2020 09:55:36 pm
      What's going on Walt, dya remember when we could stay up till dawn talking sh*te and now the only way do anything remotely similar is when our bladder wakes us up for a piss that could've easily stayed in their till the f**king morning.

😉

Ha ha cant wait for the dawn chorus at 4 am that really fucks me up but I can still talk and post sh*te with the best of them.
      I am just glad I didn't pay for it then start watching at 1 am because I would have fallen asleep and missed it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1191: Feb 23, 2020 11:15:57 pm
      Fury completed controlled that fight from the first second. Wilder has never really fought anyone of any real note, that’s why he has so many k/o’s. The best he’s fought up until Fury is Ortiz, and he’s far from being among the best.

Wilder initially wanted the Fury fight because he thought it would be an easy one to add to his record; out of shape still, out the ring for a long time but didn’t count on it going all the way and although he knocked Fury down a couple of times, Fury still won that fight IMO.

Having had the draw, there’s no way Wilder couldn’t take the second fight even though I don’t think he really wanted it and it showed because he never even got started this time round and he was lucky to make it to round 7.

He was ducking AJ and took the Fury fight because he thought it was easy. How wrong he was and now the AJ will likely never happen, just like he never really wanted.

AJ v Fury has to happen but my money would be on Fury because like he showed vs Wallin, he can take a beating but still compose himself to get the win. AJ can’t and gets complacent, as he showed vs Ruiz. Near on impossible to beat Fury by K/O because he can take a hit and get back up as though it never happened and he’s a very technical and intelligent boxer so he’s incredibly hard to outbox too.

Don’t like Fury but right now, he’s the best there is.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1192: Feb 24, 2020 01:29:50 pm
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #1193: Feb 24, 2020 02:41:55 pm
      What was with Fury licking the blood off of Wilders neck. Fecking weird
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1195: Feb 24, 2020 07:53:11 pm

Ha guess his voice broke at a late age.

What was with Fury licking the blood off of Wilders neck. Fecking weird

It’s because in the build up to the fight he said he’d taste Wilders blood.

Quick Reply