Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Boxing

Read 222008 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Boxing
      Reply #1219: Mar 01, 2020 07:59:48 pm
      Pretty sure Joshua has said he will honour their verbal agreement of the third fight, it might not happen immediately but Joshua doesn't strike me as someone who won't keep to their word.

I will be honest I didn't watch the whole fight but I did see the highlights and from what I saw Ruiz was the one with the pressure and throwing the power punches.

I'm afraid that his word will mean nothing unless he wants to vacate the belts to do so

Ruiz is 5 with the WBO
      5 with the IBF
      6 with the WBA

AJ ultimately has zero say unless he vacated to fight him which why would he do?

Ruiz would have to get to 1 in at least 1 of the divisions which isn't likely I dont think and would probably take him 2,-3 years and 3-4 really dangerous fights

Trust me on the Parker fight, you cant judge boxing on highlights
      Its 12 individual 3 minute rounds
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1220: Mar 01, 2020 08:02:49 pm
      I'm afraid that his word will mean nothing unless he wants to vacate the belts to do so

Ruiz is 5 with the WBO
      5 with the IBF
      6 with the WBA

AJ ultimately has zero say unless he vacated to fight him which why would he do?

Ruiz would have to get to 1 in at least 1 of the divisions which isn't likely I dont think and would probably take him 2,-3 years and 3-4 really dangerous fights

Trust me on the Parker fight, you cant judge boxing on highlights
      Its 12 individual 3 minute rounds

Well after the unification fight with Fury that might not be that much of a problem haha.

I will take your word on the Parker fight.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1221: Mar 01, 2020 08:05:02 pm
      Well after the unification fight with Fury that might not be that much of a problem haha.

I will take your word on the Parker fight.

I'd love to see the Fury fight but realistically that's 18 months away and 2 fights for each man which they'd have to come through

AJ Pulev
      AJ Usyk

Fury Wilder
      Fury Whyte
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1222: Mar 01, 2020 08:11:00 pm
      I'd love to see the Fury fight but realistically that's 18 months away and 2 fights for each man which they'd have to come through

AJ Pulev
      AJ Usyk

Fury Wilder
      Fury Whyte

For me, the tightest fight out of those is AJ USYK.

Usyk needs to show he can handle the step up in weight and if that step up will translate into him having the same power. But he like Tyson is one hell of a technical fighter, great on his feet and can throw some quick combos.

I personally think Joshua will avoid Usyk because the risk to gain ratio isn't worth it.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1223: Mar 01, 2020 08:13:04 pm
      For me, the tightest fight out of those is AJ USYK.

Usyk needs to show he can handle the step up in weight and if that step up will translate into him having the same power. But he like Tyson is one hell of a technical fighter, great on his feet and can throw some quick combos.

I personally think Joshua will avoid Usyk because the risk to gain ratio isn't worth it.

Again if he doesnt fight him then the WBO will order him to or vacate the title

Current form Del boy will tell alot about Usyk when they fight in June ( I think it will be)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1224: Mar 01, 2020 08:20:01 pm
      Hes not in a rankings position to challenge AJ I'm afraid

When they fought the first time it was for a British title. Now AJ is world champion and Whyte isn't in a mandatory position then it's out of AJ and Hearns hands frankly

He is Fury

He has a guaranteed WBC title shot by April '21

If the Wilder Fury 3rd fight happens then depending on a unification he would get the winner with the WBC

He has no right to fight for any of AJs and AJ is duty bound to fight his mandatories which isn't Whyte

They were discussing a rematch at one point - AJ and Whyte that is, but Whyte was saying they couldn’t agree a deal because AJ wanted too much of the takings. I remember seeing the interview Whyte gave about it and Hearn was there too, Hearn just kept fobbing him off.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1225: Mar 01, 2020 08:29:12 pm
      They were discussing a rematch at one point - AJ and Whyte that is, but Whyte was saying they couldn’t agree a deal because AJ wanted too much of the takings. I remember seeing the interview Whyte gave about it and Hearn was there too, Hearn just kept fobbing him off.

They will always discuss it but like I say boxing comes down to the organisers rankings and those who put themselves in mandatory positions

They can discuss it all they want but if a governing body insists that the number 1 mandatory fighter gets the shot they get the shot.. if the fighter refuses then the governing body can make the fighter vacate

Dillian has spent the last 4 years or getting himself as number 1 in the WBC rankings
      AJ doesnt hold that belt..
      Dillian isn't in the top 10 of any of the IBO, WBA or WBO and therefore holds no rights to AJs titles, discussions or not
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1226: Mar 07, 2020 10:24:25 pm
      Carroll looking way too good here
      Kopite78
      Reply #1227: Mar 07, 2020 10:54:08 pm
      Carroll looking way too good here

Always going to go that way this fight..

Easy money made on that
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1228: May 08, 2020 12:03:58 am
      John Fury calling out Mike Tyson. Since his son beat Wilder he’s talking a lot as if he was some world class boxer himself back in the day. He had 13 fights and I think he lost about 5 of them and had a draw too.

He wouldn’t stand a chance if he was back in his prime fighting the Mike Tyson of now so he’s going to get ripped apart if it was to happen, all be it incredibly unlikely seeing as he’s not allowed in the USA and that’s where the money for it would be.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1229: Jul 16, 2020 05:55:27 pm
      As far as I understand it AJ and Fury fight after and if they beat Pulev and Wilder, no Usyk or Whyte.

By the way I saw in the Rules that I can start new topics after making 24 posts, but I don't see how to do it.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1230: Aug 22, 2020 11:21:27 pm
      F***ing hell, shot from the gods from Povetkin there
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1231: Aug 22, 2020 11:45:11 pm
      F***ing hell, shot from the gods from Povetkin there

Some F***ing punch, Whyte in complete control, two knockdowns in previous round then wallop. Whyte will definitely want a rematch.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #1232: Nov 29, 2020 04:01:41 pm
      As far as I understand it AJ and Fury fight after and if they beat Pulev and Wilder, no Usyk or Whyte.

By the way I saw in the Rules that I can start new topics after making 24 posts, but I don't see how to do it.
      What’s this now? I was never advised of this fight!? will have to get down the gym I guess 🤣
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #1233: Nov 29, 2020 04:08:29 pm
      £19.95 to watch the Tyson v Jones fight with rules of no judges, no knockout and no winner.

Alternatively, just go and have 15 pints and a substantial meal at wetherspoons and you'll eventually see two 50 odd year olds punching f**k out of each other with no f**king rules.
      And after that it’s a bloody draw! 😳

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sport/2020/nov/29/mike-tyson-roy-jones-jr-fight-exhibition-report

Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1234: Nov 29, 2020 04:11:46 pm
      Ha!

Anyone watch the Tyson Jones fight? The draw decision was a joke, Tyson clearly won. All Jones did was retreat and hold. I didn't pay for it obviously, but it was still interesting to see Tyson pulling off those Cus moves again.

Surprised with the Dubois result. I know he's slow but I thought his power would see him through.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1235: Nov 29, 2020 08:37:02 pm
      It was in the rules, no winner was allowed.

Somebody paid 50 million for the rights to that sh*t show. That's not boxing.

Went under the guise of "Exhibition bout" as it was for charideee! Should of just been renamed "A Mike Tyson sparring session" cos that's all it turned into, Roy Jones Jnr turned up to hold and defend. The only thing worth watching was for Snoop Dog's commentary. The world of sport are missing a trick not employing him.

"VAR being used again...sheeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt tttttttttttttttttttttttt t" :laugh:
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #1236: Nov 29, 2020 10:30:38 pm
      It was in the rules, no winner was allowed.

Somebody paid 50 million for the rights to that sh*t show. That's not boxing.

Seriously? wft!!!! £20 to watch a pair of OAP's slapping each other, gosh I don't miss boxing at all!!! fook that sh*t, bring back Prince Nas! at least he gave you a acrobatic show to boot!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1237: Dec 01, 2020 06:19:10 pm
      Seriously? wft!!!! £20 to watch a pair of OAP's slapping each other, gosh I don't miss boxing at all!!! fook that sh*t, bring back Prince Nas! at least he gave you a acrobatic show to boot!

Yeah that wouldn't happen these days with the size of the fat b***ard now.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1238: Dec 02, 2020 10:33:21 am
      Holyfield and McCrory now with the winner possibly fighting Tyson. People have really got to stop just buying any old sh*te.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/797877/glenn-mccrory-vs-evander-holyfield-boxing-comeback-next-fight-o2-mike-tyson/

& celebrity boxing needs F***ing off too..
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1239: Dec 02, 2020 03:48:53 pm
      Fury wants to bail out from BBC SPOTY 2020.

Respect his reason but he is probably aware that Hamilton is way out front as favourite.  Would have expected Fury to have had a chance at it.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #1240: Dec 04, 2020 08:30:45 pm
      Fury wants to bail out from BBC SPOTY 2020.

Respect his reason but he is probably aware that Hamilton is way out front as favourite.  Would have expected Fury to have had a chance at it.

Maybe they should get in the ring instead !  >:D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1241: Dec 05, 2020 03:29:18 am
      Anyone see the 54 year old Mike Tyson take on the 51 year old roy Jones Jnr?

How sh*t was it!! But boy, Mike can still throw a punch!

Quick Reply