Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Boxing

Read 221999 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Boxing
      Reply #1242: Dec 05, 2020 05:47:48 pm
      Having so many different organisations pisses me off but I'll gladly take those organisations over these sh*te hawks selling absolute sh*te to mugs with too much money.

Or cocaine, who in this country is paying £20 to sit up till 4am to watch two old men hug each other unless they're off their F***ing faces chatting sh*te.

To be fair I was stoned if that helps!!  :cool-smiley-027:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1243: Dec 05, 2020 10:21:50 pm
      From my recollection of being stoned I find this an acceptable reason, probably the only acceptable reason. 😉

I'm guessing the same reason applied to you mate. 😁

Ummm you would be spot on in that assessment bud!  ;D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1244: Dec 12, 2020 11:36:52 pm
      Good win for AJ but can't see how he can take out Fury unless the latter has an off day.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1245: Dec 13, 2020 12:11:49 am
      Good win for AJ but can't see how he can take out Fury unless the latter has an off day.

Lacks intensity, seems content to coast for long periods
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1246: Dec 13, 2020 12:30:20 am

People over rate Fury. He's beaten nobody except a frozen Klitschko and the absolutely criminally bad Wilder. AJ has fought at a much higher level and beaten so many different styles. AJ can knock out Fury or outpoint him, so many people look past AJ's boxing ability. The closest in style and ability to AJ is Klitschko. WK's great flaw was inhibition and over caution after getting hurt and knocked down so often early in his career. He couldn't let his hands go against Fury because the feints hypnotised him. He finally threw leather in the last round out of desperation and won it comfortably, landing several heavy shots. If you want to know how AJ Fury will pan out pay close attention to that twelfth round v  Wlad.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1247: Dec 20, 2020 03:37:27 pm
      Should be one hell of a fight tonight, Alvarez v Smith.

I haven't got a 4am in me these days so I was looking for how to watch a replay when I get up in the morning but trying to find a stream without seeing the result's impossible but for anyone interested you can download the DAZN app and watch it live tonight or replay in the morning for £1.99.

www.bbc.com/sport/amp/boxing/55352900

Canelo pretty much battered Smith, only thing for Smith was he wasn't knocked down.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1248: Mar 14, 2021 09:24:59 am
      RIP Marvelous Marvin a sad excuse to watch the greatest round of boxing ever
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1249: Mar 14, 2021 11:42:42 am
      RIP Marvelous Marvin a sad excuse to watch the greatest round of boxing ever

Only just heard. Shocking, one of the greatest and an idol as I was growing up.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #1250: Apr 03, 2021 10:50:19 pm
      That Frampton interview at the end nearly had me in tears too.

Great man and great ambassador for the whole island of Ireland.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1251: May 09, 2021 03:01:06 pm
      Billy Joe Saunders getting some comeuppance for the sh*te he's come out with in recent times after Canelo nearly smashed his eye socket. Fight was ended at end of round 8 after Saunder's trainer signalled he could not continue. Canelo one fight away from being one of the greatest Super Middleweights.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1252: May 09, 2021 04:27:27 pm
      Billy Joe Saunders getting some comeuppance for the sh*te he's come out with in recent times after Canelo nearly smashed his eye socket. Fight was ended at end of round 8 after Saunder's trainer signalled he could not continue. Canelo one fight away from being one of the greatest Super Middleweights.

Canelo just took his time to suss him out. Never in doubt.

Great to see the big crowd at an event like this.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1253: May 09, 2021 07:05:00 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1254: May 12, 2021 05:33:22 pm

Heard something on sky last night that even though pound for pound the best boxer at his weight on an era when the best boxers don't fight as much, Canelo has been the busiest boxer during the pandemic period.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1255: May 12, 2021 10:08:11 pm
      Faint praise from Fury after the defeat. Not sure Canelo's reputation is deserved, Billy Jo boxed him well at times, and he was soundly beaten by Floyd. And his growth looks suspicious.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1256: May 12, 2021 10:17:33 pm
      Faint praise from Fury after the defeat. Not sure Canelo's reputation is deserved, Billy Jo boxed him well at times, and he was soundly beaten by Floyd. And his growth looks suspicious.

Canelo fought Mayweather way too early.

This current Canelo could have beaten him I think.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1257: May 12, 2021 10:30:43 pm
      Canelo fought Mayweather way too early.

This current Canelo could have beaten him I think.

Agree.

Would still be close as Mayweather is one of the best defensive boxers there has been but Canelo did take him on very early in his career.

Was a nice feeling to watch a big fight like this and not have to pay a fortune it. Dazn at £1.99 was great value but I doubt it'll stay that low for long
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1258: May 21, 2021 11:38:45 pm
      Fury team declaring a desperate need to fight AJ while an arbitration was going on. The contract was never signed, Hearn flew all round the world trying to sort out the problems while Warren and Arum sat back and did nothing because they knew it was in doubt. Hearn was assured by Arum the abitration was a sure win for them and nothing to be concerned about. Hearn didn't see the contracts, so his only choice was to trust them. Fury's team lied and swindled their way to promote their fighter. Boxing is just f**king toxic.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1259: Sep 25, 2021 11:10:02 pm
      End of the AJ hype train.

Don’t think Fury would live with Usyk if that fight was ever made either.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1260: Sep 25, 2021 11:19:34 pm
      AJ got what he deserved. I use to follow AJ till he made  some dubious comments ( that's putting it mildly ) I'm glad the w@nker got beat.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1261: Sep 25, 2021 11:23:08 pm
      AJ got what he deserved. I use to follow AJ till he made  some dubious comments ( that's putting it mildly ) I'm glad they w@nker got beat.

With you on this. Used to really rate him but ever since the build up to what ended up being the Ruiz defeat, he’s shown more and more arrogance. He spends too much time talking and trying to boost his personal appearance etc and doesn’t spend enough time on his boxing. He’s in the mindset that he will win every fight with ease.

If by some chance the Fury fight happens, then Fury will have him out of there long before the 12th round. Wilder would be the same.

He’s become far too arrogant and it’s another deserved defeat. He’s going the same way as Haye and will probably have his career fizzle out in the same way.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1262: Sep 25, 2021 11:29:41 pm
      Really lifeless and clueless,  really hard to see where joshua goes from here.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #1263: Sep 25, 2021 11:40:58 pm
      That was a clinic by Usyk, but Joshua never really put him under any pressure.

Don’t see how Joshua gets near him in the rematch either given that performance, Usyk looked like he had him figured out from the first round.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1264: Sep 26, 2021 12:10:57 am
      Really lifeless and clueless,  really hard to see where joshua goes from here.

The devastation in his face at the final bell. The look of a man who knows full well he's lost out on millions & millions of pounds

Quick Reply