Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Boxing

Read 222012 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Boxing
      Reply #46: Apr 18, 2009 01:48:44 pm
      Anyone see Haye's t-shirt collection =S
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #47: Jul 19, 2009 09:39:19 am
      Surprised we've not mentioned the Khan fight last night, Saved some money with a Pal, Justin the TV!

Good fight, Really good stream!, Khan was never in trouble. Unanimous decision, with some room to spare too.

Well done Amir. World Champion
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #48: Aug 20, 2009 06:55:05 pm
      Quigley vs Smith will be shown on Sky Sports.

Just listening to Frank Warren waffling now on SSN.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #49: Sep 26, 2009 11:44:33 pm
      Bernard Dunne beaten by a Thai lad whose name I wont attempt! Deserved new champ Bernard left himself open and this lad found the open spaces with ease! Bernard fair play you done us proud but 2 good hidings in your last 5 fights? Change of coach or retire  :(

Bernard Dunne is a red
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #50: Nov 07, 2009 03:37:05 pm
      Cotto versus Pacquiao next weekend live on Sky, it's going to be a cracker.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #51: Nov 14, 2009 02:49:54 pm
      Cotto versus Pacquiao next weekend live on Sky, it's going to be a cracker.

Yep will be staying up for this.

England V Brazil
      Ireland V France

then

Let's get ready to rumble, can't wait.

Should be a great fight and there looks to be lots of respect between the two. Personally fancying Manny to fill in Cotto though!
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #52: Nov 15, 2009 04:20:03 pm
      What a great fight it was, well done to manny, can't wait to see him fight Mayweather.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #53: Nov 15, 2009 05:24:01 pm
      What a great fight it was, well done to manny, can't wait to see him fight Mayweather.

Agreed mate, thought Manny was F***ing boss.

Really did some damage to Cotto and reckon he could he could even be too fast for Money Mayweather.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #54: Nov 15, 2009 05:32:36 pm
      Mayweather is scared to fight Pacquiao..Manny is faster, better ring vision, can take the punch. Better all around fighter.  Best P4P in the world right now. No doubt.

Mayweather is all about Mayweather. If it involves risk or anything where it will take away from his "Legacy" he wont do it.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #55: Dec 03, 2009 05:29:48 am
      Not that anyone would of reslly heard about it but Danny Green (The Green Machine) defeated Roy jons Jr by TKO to retain the IBO cruiserweight boxing title. Always good to see an Aussie win especially in such a big fight as this.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #56: Dec 03, 2009 08:24:13 am
      I really dislike Danny Green, although i was still happy to see him get the victory over Roy Jones Jr.

What pissed me off, as a Mundine fan, was Kochie bitching about Mundine siding with Roy Jones, on 'Sunrise' this morning. What he doesn't realise is that Roy Jones Jr and his father helped Mundine all throughout his career. People who don't know sh*t shouldn't talk.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #57: Dec 04, 2009 07:41:41 am
      ^ I'm the opposite I'm a Green fan and I think Mundine is an obnoxious tool.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #58: Dec 21, 2009 06:22:27 pm
      My daughter is air crew for Emirates and she was telling me about Ricky Hatton was on a flight from Manchester to Dubai . Anyway it seems he got a pissed and was having a laugh, the next thing a stewardess approached him and said he was being unsociable and all this carry on.
       He's sound I've met him myself and I believe he said to her that she was being unsociable and to get a life-he probably had a few scoops cos he doesn't like flying anyway the next thing he's out the game which is probably why he was drinking in the first place,like I say he's sound and talks to anyone and has a laugh which is no doubt  how he got pissed in the first place.
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2009 06:53:11 pm by stuey »
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #59: Dec 23, 2009 06:30:44 pm
      Just been on the news now, Mayweather v Pacquiao is OFF.

Apparently is was down to Mayweather wanting Olympic standard drug testing during the run up and after the fight, blood tests have NEVER been used in fights taking place in Las Vegas either apparently.

Sounds like Floyd is running scared to me.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #60: Dec 23, 2009 07:02:09 pm
      Mayweather is a punk and he knows Pacquiao will knock his balls off.  Mayweather will continue to fight nobody's and claim hes the best.

Boxing needs this fight.  Boxing is losing ground to UFC and MMA, they say its not true but MMA is getting bigger and bigger and boxing continues with the same crooked, lying bullshit.  The heavyweight divisions are already sh*t and so corrupted its not funny.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #61: Dec 23, 2009 07:10:24 pm
      Just been on the news now, Mayweather v Pacquiao is OFF.

Apparently is was down to Mayweather wanting Olympic standard drug testing during the run up and after the fight, blood tests have NEVER been used in fights taking place in Las Vegas either apparently.

Sounds like Floyd is running scared to me.

Didn't know it was officially on in the first place.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #62: Dec 24, 2009 12:46:10 am
      Mayweather is a wimp, not that I'd say that to him. As Yank_LFC_Fan stated, boxing really does need this fight. MMA is the fastest growing sport in the USA and this fight would have been the best way to get back into it.

This is the reason I don't like boxing, Mayweather and others just want to keep their own reputation. He's a boring fighter who looks like he just wants to preserve his career during his fights. If he really wants to prove he's the best, he has got to beat the best.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #63: Dec 24, 2009 12:47:43 am
      Put Mayweather in the ring with Skrtel and see how brave he is ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #64: Dec 24, 2009 02:28:20 pm
      Floyd Mayweather's fight with Manny Pacquiao 'is off'

Floyd Mayweather Jr's planned bout with Manny Pacquiao is off because of a blood-testing dispute, according to Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum.

"As far as I'm concerned, the fight is off," said Arum, referring to the scheduled 13 March welterweight bout.

The American's camp were told by Pacquiao's people that the Filipino would not agree to blood-testing in the 30 days prior to the fight.

The welterweight super-fight was expected to be the richest of all time.

Arum accused Mayweather's camp of raising the issue not because they were worried about Pacquiao taking performance-enhancing substances, but because Mayweather never wanted to fight in the first place.

Arum said Pacquiao would agree to testing by the same agencies that test pro American Football and baseball players, but not for random tests by the US Anti-Doping Agency.

Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach added: "The sanctioning bodies and the state commissions run the boxing world, not Floyd Mayweather.

"Who is this guy to tell us that we have to have blood tests, or urine tests, or any tests? He's just looking for a way out of the fight."

Mayweather associate Richard Schaefer said: "He, Pacquiao, would only agree to have blood drawn before the kick-off press conference and after the fight.

"It is unfortunate to hear this from Manny Pacquiao's representatives, particularly since both parties had worked out all other issues related to this fight."

Unbeaten Mayweather's management want both men - regarded as the two best pound-for-pound fighters in the world - to submit to blood-testing prior to the bout, to ensure both men are clean.

Schaefer, who is chief executive of Golden Boy Promotions, added: "Todd [DuBoef, president of Pacquiao's promoters Top Rank] told me that Pacquiao has difficulty with taking blood and doesn't want to do it so close to the fight."

Prior to Arum's announcement, the 32-year-old Mayweather had urged Pacquiao to agree to the blood-testing.

"I understand Pacquiao not liking having his blood taken, because frankly I don't know anyone who really does," said Mayweather.

"But in a fight of this magnitude, I think it is our responsibility to subject ourselves to sportsmanship at the highest level."

But Roach countered: "We have passed every test ever given to us. We go by the commission rules, since when does the fighter make up the rules?

"When Manny gives blood it takes him three or four days to recover from it. I am not going to have my fighter going into a fight feeling weak and not sure of himself.

"Mayweather is scared, and he's just afraid that he's going to get his ass kicked."

The fight had been expected to be held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

The Staples Center in Los Angeles, home of the NBA's Lakers was also touted as a possible venue and representatives of Cowboys Stadium in Dallas were also said to be interested in hosting arguably the biggest fight since the turn of the century.

Pacquiao, 31, became a five-weight world champion following his WBO welterweight title win over Miguel Cotto in November, while Las Vegas-based Mayweather returned from a 21-month retirement to beat Mexican Juan Manuel Marquez in September.

Arum added that Pacquiao still plans to fight on 13 March and will now look for another opponent.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/8427743.stm
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #65: Mar 12, 2010 01:35:12 pm
      Pacman vs. Clottey tomorrow night. Does clottey have a chance? I dont know, but wont win a decision, thats for sure. KO is his chance, but the Pacman took Cotto's best shots, so its hard to imagine. On the other hand, will Pac be the first to knock Clottey out? A man who might be up to 15 lbs heavier on fight night and has one of the best chins in boxing? Probably its Pac by UD. What do you think_
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #66: Mar 12, 2010 04:33:22 pm
      Two boss tickets for the boxing tonight at the Echo Arena if anyone is interested,I've been let down big time.The tickets are for near ringside and are worth a few quid.I paid £100 for them so thats all I want just my money back,so if anyone is interested and I know it's late in the day send me a pm and I'll sort it for you. 
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #67: Mar 14, 2010 12:58:27 pm
      Hatton is going to retire or set o announce it

(Source SSN)
      enforcer
      • Banned

• 67 posts | -8 
      Reply #68: Mar 14, 2010 04:15:13 pm
      I'm embarrassed that I know where this Hatton is from.

Quick Reply