Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

We are Liverpool Football Club

Read 1589 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Jan 20, 2009 12:29:05 am
      Can people for once just realise which football club we support. We support Liverpool, so can we concentrate on Liverpool. We shouldn't give a toss about United or who've they got to play. Lets get our job done first before we're even bothering to look at other sides. People seem so much more concerned with results of United recently than they do our own.

Lets get behind Liverpool whole heartedly again and let other clubs worry about us rather than the other way round.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: We are Liverpool Football Club
      Reply #1: Jan 20, 2009 12:32:03 am
      We should just focus on our team and the next match, not the next 16 matches.

The only thing we should worry about is the fact that if Man United win this season's premier league, they have 18. And we ain't gonna let that happen.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #2: Jan 20, 2009 12:44:03 am
      Bit of a silly topic this DLS.

At the minute we're aiming for the title so it's fairly natural that we may need to discuss our performances in light of our title rivals.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #3: Jan 20, 2009 12:48:21 am

At the minute we're aiming for the title so it's fairly natural that we may need to discuss our performances in light of our title rivals.
      Of course, i mean. Hoping our title rivals drop points and stuff are natural. Not going through the 'What ifs?' and posting the coming fixtures of our title rivals and figuring how many points they might drop or can get.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #4: Jan 20, 2009 12:50:24 am
      ^ Disagree.

We've had threads like that before and they are relevant to this forum.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #5: Jan 20, 2009 12:52:30 am
      ^ Disagree.

We've had threads like that before and they are relevant to this forum.
      Fine, :P you win.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #6: Jan 20, 2009 01:05:06 am

So it's all okey dorey if we drop points as long as our rivals do? Is it F**k. We shouldn't be even bothered how the other sides get on because we can't do a thing about it. We can't determine the result between United/Portsmouth or Chelsea/Blackburn. Our title chase is exactly that, ours. We should be looking at what Liverpool do, not trying to cover it up with what other sides do.

I for one don't care about how the other clubs get on. It's up to us do our own job not worry over the other sides. Maybe it's a personal feeling and maybe most other fans do like to see how the others are getting on.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #7: Jan 20, 2009 01:19:57 am
      It certainly is okey dokey if we drop points if our title rivals drop more than us.  That's just fine by me.

I'll be sure to check you don't discuss our results in light of any other clubs for the rest of the season.  I'll just tell you after the last game of the season how many points the rest of the teams got.  It will be a nice surprise for you.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #8: Jan 20, 2009 01:32:43 am
      It certainly is okey dokey if we drop points if our title rivals drop more than us.  That's just fine by me.

I'll be sure to check you don't discuss our results in light of any other clubs for the rest of the season.  I'll just tell you after the last game of the season how many points the rest of the teams got.  It will be a nice surprise for you.

Well it won't because I'll know how many points the other sides got and by how many points we've won the league by ;)
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #9: Jan 20, 2009 02:37:44 am
      I think discussing future results of other teams is fine and hoping they drop points is logically natural.

However DLS has a point in stressing that we shouldn't be fully consumed by other clubs and put much more focus on our own.

When we drop points, and fortunately the other top 3 do also, I feel that we got out of jail and it still feels hollow because we slipped up and all it does is paper over any cracks in our performance.

Result is DLS 1 vs JD 1, a predictable bore draw!  ;)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #10: Jan 20, 2009 07:24:49 am
      It always has been and always will be a topic for discussion how other teams are doing in the battle for the E.P.L..Because people discuss/debate other teams does not mean they have less time or feeling for the club we love and goes by the name of Liverpool Football Club.I would like to point that on many occasions the league has not been decided till the last match of the season and at times it has worked in our favour and at other times it has gone against us.Lastly I thought the FORUM was here to encourage views and opinions on ourselves and our opponents.Cheers.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #11: Jan 20, 2009 04:49:51 pm
      Christ, what is going on here. Seems everyone's at each others throats lately, or is that just me getting the wrong end of the stick?
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #12: Jan 20, 2009 05:03:24 pm

3,740 posts

Vote for this post: +151/-49
      [Good] [Bad]

« on: Today at 12:29:05 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Can people for once just realise which football club we support. We support Liverpool, so can we concentrate on Liverpool. We shouldn't give a toss about United or who've they got to play. Lets get our job done first before we're even bothering to look at other sides. People seem so much more concerned with results of United recently than they do our own.

Lets get behind Liverpool whole heartedly 

So.so true!!!  Remember we are       RED LOUD AND PROUD. Never forget that.

Quick Reply