Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Parking at St Andrews

Read 1392 times
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,314 posts |
      Parking at St Andrews
      Nov 06, 2006 03:49:14 pm
      Hi guys,can any of you advise what the parking situation is at st.andrews,would it best to drive or to use public transport from new street.please help.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Parking at St Andrews
      Reply #1: Nov 06, 2006 07:59:27 pm
      From Fans FC

Parking

There is a very small visitors car park at the ground and some secure parking down the hill from the ground on the Coventry Road at a Pakistani function hall at a cost of £3-00 but if you don’t fancy that my very serious advice to you is find the stadium and then drive away (in any direction) until you have at least a ten, and preferably fifteen, minute walk.

Park on as much of a main road as possible. Don’t forget to remove all colours. This is what I do, take my advice.

During each of the 1998/99 and 1999/2000 seasons I had my car broken into, the first time during the Watford play-off match. You really cannot imagine how I felt. Once was during the above evening and the other time was during a Saturday afternoon and the motor was parked at totally different ends of the ground on the two occasions.

You have been warned, the natives that do not attend the match are not very nice people, and as you would expect the police are not interested either.

By Bus
      The nearest major bus/coach station is Digbeth and from here the walk to the ground is not too bad. Follow the directions in the By Train section below, or if you want to get a bit closer to St. Andrews catch the number 97 from Birmingham or 98 & 99 from Digbeth.

By Train
      After you arrive at New Street Station turn left and take a taxi (£3-50ish)
      If you fancy stretching your legs it will take you about twenty minutes to walk to St. Andrews from New Street Station.
      Exit the Station towards New Street and at the junction of New Street and Stephenson Place turn right into New Street.
      Keep right and you will find St. Martins Circus in front of you. You need to get over here to the Bull Ring so either skirt round it to the left or right.
      Once on the Bull Ring follow the road straight on as it changes from Bull Ring to Digbeth High Street to Deritend High Street.
      At the junction with the Coventry Road and Camp Hill fork left up the former.
      Cross over the next island continuing up the Coventry Road and St. Andrews, which is now visible, is about half a mile up the top of the hill.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Re: Parking at St Andrews
      Reply #2: Nov 07, 2006 12:12:34 am
      Quote from: "REDMAN"
      Hi guys,can any of you advise what the parking situation is at st.andrews,would it best to drive or to use public transport from new street.please help.

University or Golf course?  ;D
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,314 posts |
      BIRMINGHAM
      Reply #3: Nov 07, 2006 04:41:53 pm
      THANKS MATE,I THINK PUBLIC TRANSPORT LOOKS THE BEST BET THEN,AS THE LOCALS ARE SO UNFRIENDLY.

Quick Reply