Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

AFC Liverpool v Leek CSOB, Valerie park, Sat 24th. 3pm KO

Read 4130 times
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 216 posts | 10 
      • Spirit of Shankly/Liverpool Supporters Union
      AFC Liverpool v Leek CSOB, Valerie park, Sat 24th. 3pm KO
      Jan 22, 2009 04:00:22 pm
      Another home game for the AFC Redmen, No clash as Liverpool play the sh*te on sunday afternoon.  I know I said the LFCTV cameras would be there last week, but they are defo at VP this week. They'll be focusing mostly on the fans experience at AFC.

Please come down to Valerie, £5 on the gate, Kids £3 I believe. A Boss day out.

Latest updates from the club.

LFCTV Filming Fan Culture at AFC Liverpool 

Our friends at LFCTV are making a film about the fans at AFC Liverpool at the home game against Leek CSOB on Saturday.

The film will in general terms be focusing upon the great fun  we have supporting AFC Liverpool.

So if you want to get yourself on television, get yourself down to Valerie Park, Prescot on Saturday and support the lads!

We realise we said this last week, but this week we really mean it! They will be there.

AFC Liverpool Proud to Publicise the 20th Anniversary of the Hillsborough Disaster

Saturday's home game against AFC Blackpool saw the club wear the new home shirts for the first time and it was clear to see the pride the players took in wearing the shirt, with a resounding 5-0 thumping of Blackpool. Derek Goulding got the lads pumped up in the dressing room and the atmosphere before the game was electric. AFC Liverpool is proud to completely associate itself with the campaigns still fighting for justice 20 years on and hope that our small gesture can help to raise public awareness of the fight for justice. 

Already a campaign has began to try and encourage Liverpool FC and their main shirt sponsors Carlsberg to incorporate a similar message of unity, for the period surrounding the 20th Anniversary of the disaster.  (This was begun by Samdodds who posts here, if your on facey, please join this group, get your friends and their friends to join also.)

http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=46247304278

This Saturday, Leek CSOB arrive at Valerie Park and we need another good crowd to support the lads and roar them onto victory, so once again we ask, don't sit at home listening to a Man United love-in on Sky or waste your dough down at the bookies or at Liverpool One. Get along to Prescot and support the men in Red.

HJC & Anne Williams endorse AFC Liverpool Shirts

Both campaigns warmly welcomed our shirts and made very welcome messages of support of our initiative.

Ste Wright of HJC said "To say that the committee of the HJC were delighted would be an understatement, thank you to everyone at AFC Liverpool for publicising the campaign"

Anne Williams of Hope For Hillsborough said "Thanks for that. I would honored to come along to AFC Liverpool".

We as a club decided that we would not seek to openly market the shirts for sale, for fear of having our intentions misunderstood, but HJC have asked that we do in fact make the shirts available for sale and publicise the fact as widely as possible, in an effort to raise awareness of the 20th Anniversary.
      In those circumstances, the shirts will be available for sale at our merchandise table at every home game and and at the HJC shop opposite the Kop.
       As we were not planning on selling the shirts, there will be a short delay as we have no shirts in stock, but orders can be placed and shirts will be available for delivery or collection over the course of the next 2 weeks. Shirts will cost £30.00 plus p+p (if required) with a donation being made to all 3 campaigns from the proceeds.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: AFC Liverpool v Leek CSOB, Valerie park, Sat 24th. 3pm KO
      Reply #1: Jan 23, 2009 05:57:01 pm
      http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2009/support-the-reds-3pm-saturday/

Good luck lads.  Got a few jobs to do tomorrow, but if I'm done handy enough I'll pop down.
      panos
      • fan from GREECE
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      • panos from Greece
      Reply #2: Jan 23, 2009 06:20:21 pm
      do you want my best wishes??? i am panos from greece and i am liverpool fan since 1980!!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #3: Jan 24, 2009 02:57:20 pm
      Only just got back from a busy old Satdee morning so I'll wish you well from afar. 

Weather's cracking for it.  Hope you get a good turnout.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #4: Jan 24, 2009 02:59:41 pm
      Good luck lads!!! Hope there's goals a plenty for the red men today.
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #5: Jan 24, 2009 06:59:44 pm
      2-1 Home win, 1 player sent off (wrongly), 2 penalties and face with the biggest alehouse team in league it was sweet to come away with the 3 points.

Leek seem to be the Man U of this league, they love the intimidation tactics towards refs and they get all the decisions. We had the same at their place in November. I've got zero respect for them which is sad at this level of footy. Seemed as though we were gonna drop points but scored a cracker with about 8 minutes to go.The ref played 53 minutes in the second half due the time wasting tactics that came back to haunt Leek in the end.
      One of their players kicked out at one of ours in his face with studs showing and the ref was more interested in booking our player. Even the afters were down to them, they are one horrible team and I'm going to calm down by head butting a few walls!.

Think the gate was 328 which seems to have averaged out over the season as our regular fan base. Great atmosphere though and the AFC Kop sang for the full 90 minutes and gave great backing, just how it used to be!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #6: Jan 24, 2009 09:14:40 pm
      Glad you won AFC, but what a shame a team has to resort to those sort of tactics at this level  :mad:

Like you say they have been watching manure to much..............there's always one that has to spoil it  :f_steam:

Serves them right for being so horribly dirty.

Have a few beers tonight, sounds like you need it  :food-smiley-005:  ;)
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 216 posts | 10 
      • Spirit of Shankly/Liverpool Supporters Union
      Reply #7: Jan 27, 2009 09:43:02 pm
      ha ha that tit of a Leek  player got some stick from the Ultras as he went in the players tunnel.

That programme about AFC will be on LFCTV next monday i'm told. .

Quick Reply