Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Your Embarrassing Story

Read 3430 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,011 posts | 3352 
      Your Embarrassing Story
      Jan 23, 2009 12:19:56 am
      What's the story your parents always tell about you to embarrass you?

Mine was from when I was about six. We went out for a meal in town and I needed a slash so off I went. Went in, nearest empty cubicle, lock the door behind me, bang down to buisness. Turn round, notice on the door reading "do not lock this door as it cannot be reopened." Oh thanks, couldn't put that on the front of the door eh? Well anyway I started sobbing like a tit thinking I'd never see me mam an dad again. About half an hour passed before me dad finally come in looking for me. He had to boot the down door and I live to tell the tale.

Everybody's got one, so what's yours?
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Re: Your Embarrassing Story
      Reply #1: Jan 23, 2009 12:24:42 am
      What's the story your parents always tell about you to embarrass you?

Mine was from when I was about six. We went out for a meal in town and I needed a slash so off I went. Went in, nearest empty cubicle, lock the door behind me, bang down to buisness. Turn round, notice on the door reading "do not lock this door as it cannot be reopened." Oh thanks, couldn't put that on the front of the door eh? Well anyway I started sobbing like a tit thinking I'd never see me mam an dad again. About half an hour passed before me dad finally come in looking for me. He had to boot the down door and I live to tell the tale.

Everybody's got one, so what's yours?

Thats class!

I played a snowman in primary school an my mum an dad wont let me forget it.

Other than that, when i was 17 i had an interview at IKEA, it went fine, she was showing me around...  The doors there were these big F**kers with the chain to close it (fire doors - fitted in most new houses now)

Got one of my fingers caught in one, broke straight away - felt it, lasted another 10 minutes before passing out!

I know - im a whimp....

Got the job though!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #2: Jan 23, 2009 01:53:50 am
      For me it's either the day after I had a fight at Junior school and I came home and (allegedly) told my gran that I wasn't hurt because 'I was a little wooden soldier'

or the time I wouldn't sit next to my mum at the pictures 'because she had her glasses on'.

The other one was when I played the mouse in the nativity play (yes there was a mouse! and I think I was the narrator and remember singing a solo) and apparently when I wasn't involved in the action I was standing on stage swinging my tail around looking bored.

They always get wheeled out now and again.
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #3: Jan 23, 2009 08:51:38 am
      Funny I saw this now, my parents were telling my girlfriend embarrassing stories last night. The one they told was when I was four we were in Hong Kong and I needed the toilet real bad so I burst in the door willy in hand and proceeded to wee. Unfortunately my gran was already on the toilet so she was sitting there when I bust in the door and weed all over her.

Then they told her the story when I about 5 and I was playing hiding go seek with my cousins. I found the best hiding place in the tumble dryer needless to say once the door was closed you couldn't open it from the inside! So they searched for me but couldn't find me eventually I freaked out cause I couldn't get out and they found me banging on the inside of the tumble dryer.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Jan 23, 2009 09:05:33 am
      Funny I saw this now, my parents were telling my girlfriend embarrassing stories last night. The one they told was when I was four we were in Hong Kong and I needed the toilet real bad so I burst in the door willy in hand and proceeded to wee. Unfortunately my gran was already on the toilet so she was sitting there when I bust in the door and weed all over her.

Then they told her the story when I about 5 and I was playing hiding go seek with my cousins. I found the best hiding place in the tumble dryer needless to say once the door was closed you couldn't open it from the inside! So they searched for me but couldn't find me eventually I freaked out cause I couldn't get out and they found me banging on the inside of the tumble dryer.

Both fantastic but that first one made me laugh so very hard and im still going at it :lmao: :lmao:
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #5: Jan 23, 2009 10:36:24 am
      Staying in digs (a boozer) for 2  nights in Shrewsbury, me & me mate had late one drinkin and having sing songs etc, the barmaid was magic we bought her drinks allnight.We got to bed at 330am.the next day before work (woking at an evening meeting at Ludlow races)we decided to look round the shops just to kill a bit of time.On entering Boots store we noticed the barmaid,she was having a conversation with some other bird, so i thought i'd just give her a wave so as not to be rude.She totally blanked us!! Well I was'nt havin any of that so I interupted her and gave her a little piece of my mind(yer know "we bought you drinks all night and you can't even say hello")Feeling better for that after work we got back to the digs and there she was !!! trying to apologise.When i eventually agreed to listen to her excuse.it went like this, "i'm so sorry for ignoring you but that was my boss i was talking to,i'm a store detective there :action-smiley-060: :action-smiley-060: :action-smiley-060: and i was just explaining my reason for being so late was that i had been up half the night with my sick mother.When you bowled up.       
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #6: Jan 23, 2009 11:15:17 am
      ^^^^
      OOPS  :lmao:

Both fantastic but that first one made me laugh so very hard and im still going at it :lmao: :lmao:
      Yeah my girlfriend was laffing for ages and still brought it up this morning. :D
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2009 12:49:54 pm by dizzy141 »
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #7: Jan 23, 2009 12:31:15 pm
      Being locked in a toilet in a Spanish bar, banging on the door for 5 minutes before the barman simply turned the lock the other way... walked out into silence and about a hundred Spanish locals staring at me. The walk out seemed like forever!

Fainting in year 7 during a sex education/woman giving birth video, I fell straight back off a stool and smashed my head on the floor. Still brought up every now and again now I'm in sixth form! On the plus side, I regained conciousness to find my hot science teacher on top of me!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,011 posts | 3352 
      Reply #8: Jan 23, 2009 03:30:29 pm
      I regained conciousness to find my hot science teacher on top of me!

Did you ask to her go over the entire lesson again with you ;)
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #9: Jan 23, 2009 04:57:44 pm
      Would the situation arise again, the question would be asked!!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,691 posts | 3711 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #10: Jan 23, 2009 06:10:00 pm
      Me (6years old) & my mother were waiting at a bus stop. There was only one other man waiting beside us. I need to wee and my mother like always had a small jug or something, I started to pee and the other man told us that the bus was coming. & mother told me to stop but I told her that I had more pee to do. the man laughed at us 'cos I filled more than the whole bottle. My mother's hand was all of pee. And the bus-driver didn't took the money ('cos they were all with pee) :)

« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2009 06:47:32 pm by clint_call01 »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #11: Jan 23, 2009 06:13:44 pm
      I have fallen victim to the curse that is calling your teacher mum >:(
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #12: Jan 23, 2009 06:17:10 pm
      I always hear the time we went to the zoo when I was a little kid, and when my mum turned around I had disappeared. She panicked for a minute before to find I'd sneaked into the Vietnamese Pot-Bellied Pig enclosure.  ::) Apparently I was chuffed to bits!  :D

She likes to tell the one about how cute I was when I was singing "De Doo Doo Doo, De Dah Dah Dah" by The Police as well.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #13: Jan 23, 2009 06:26:57 pm
      I wasn't going to post this but my wife said that had to because she thinks its funny.

About two years ago I caught my ball sack in the zip of my jeans , it went straight through and it started to bleed.
      After about 15 minutes  and still bleeding , my mate took me to hospital .
      When the doctor finally saw me , he said that I would have have some stitches, four stitches later by a male nurse boy was I em-barest. and I still have the scar to prove it. ;D
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2009 06:48:15 pm by gareth g, Reason: Bad spelling »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #14: Jan 23, 2009 07:07:09 pm
      I wasn't going to post this but my wife said that had to because she thinks its funny.

About two years ago I caught my ball sack in the zip of my jeans , it went straight through and it started to bleed.
      When the doctor finally saw me , he said that I would have have some stitches, four stitches later by a male nurse boy was I em-barest. and I still have the scar to prove it. ;D

We have a winner
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #15: Jan 23, 2009 07:57:23 pm

Please, no picture evidence

Sounds sore just reading that, I wouldn't be embarrassed, just grateful someone was available to stitch it back together again!!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,691 posts | 3711 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #16: Jan 23, 2009 08:25:11 pm
      Please, no picture evidence

Sounds sore just reading that, I wouldn't be embarrassed, just grateful someone was available to stitch it back together again!!
      ;D  :lmao:  :D
      Sorry gareth not laughing about you but with huyton's comment.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #17: Jan 23, 2009 08:33:32 pm
      First day of primary school and I was about to enter my classroom, but there was a banana skin near the door and slipped on it in front of all my classmates. I don't know what the banana skin was doing there, but I didn't make a very good first impression.  :D

Another story that I have although its not embarassing but quite funny, is when my older brother and sister locked me in my cupboard which contained all my toys. And apparently I didn't even cry, I was just sitting in the cupboard playing with my barbie doll.  : :D

I have a lot of embarrasing stories, but i can't remember any more.

MsGerrard
      Reply #18: Jan 23, 2009 09:44:51 pm
      I have had a good laugh reading all these painful and embarrassing moments  :lmao:

But Gareth, yours sounds very painful  !!! Ouch

I've got lots of stories, but I won't bore you with all of them

A couple of funny ones happened on the same day, when on holiday with my kids when they were younger, I fell over in the horses stables, in a load of horse muck, I slipped and went down very slowly  :lmao: and then later on whilst trying to get out of a little boat, I sort of scrambled out the damn thing as it was moving away....hence a rather wet person  :o

On my way to a match in the 80's I used to travel with the Derby branch of the Liverpool supporters club and we always used to stop on the M62 at the Burtonwood services, quite often I was the only girl on the minibus, we had a wee stop and I got stuck in the toilet, there was no-one else around and I was in there ages, after waiting  for me, eventually one of the lads came to rescue me, the song then all the way to Liverpool was 'Oh dear what can the matter be, Carol got stuck in the lavatory'  :laugh:

Funny one happened after we won the 1981 European Cup Final, I was in Paris waiting to get on the Metro and my front tooth came out, its a crown and I was chewing gum and it came out, it was awful as I tried to keep my hand over my mouth, people thought I'd been in a fight and had lost my tooth  :o

And one of the most embarrassing things to happen to me recently was last Summer during my Invigilating at the College, in the Sports Hall which was full of about 150 students, all the students have to place their coats/bags at the front of the hall, after we'd opened all the packets with the papers in, I went to put the empty packets in the bin and fell over all the bags again very s l o w l y, oh god it was so awful cos they were all looking at me, and I could tell they were all dying to laugh but they couldn't make  a sound.  Not good at all  :-[
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #19: Jan 23, 2009 09:50:22 pm
      I have fallen victim to the curse that is calling your teacher mum >:(

Me too, quite a few times actually!

Worst one though has got to be sitting at the back of the classroom in Maths when I needed help. I put my hand up and without thinking I blurted out: 'DADD'
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #20: Jan 23, 2009 10:02:21 pm
      Was out at a party a few weeks ago and went to stay at my girlfriends house after. Anyway when we got to hers she said that I had to wait outside while she shut the dog in the kitchen (it is a very big, scary dog I have you know!), anyway it started to rain and was cold so I thought "screw it im just going in the house". However, all did not go to plan, I got a bit confused (nothing to do with alcohol ::)) and went into the wrong house. I went and got some food out the fridge and then went and sat on the sofa to weatch telly. Then the people that lived there came downstairs, and well put it this way, it was very, very embarrassing. Luckily though her neighbours are good people and didn't call the police or anything, we laugh about it now but at the time it was definatley a  :holyshit: moment.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,011 posts | 3352 
      Reply #21: Jan 23, 2009 11:49:40 pm
      I always hear the time we went to the zoo when I was a little kid, and when my mum turned around I had disappeared. She panicked for a minute before to find I'd sneaked into the Vietnamese Pot-Bellied Pig enclosure.  ::) Apparently I was chuffed to bits!  :D

As happy as a pig in sh*te then :laugh:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #22: Jan 24, 2009 02:55:32 am
      Great thread, some funny as F**k stories there.

Nothing too embarrassing has happened to me not that I can remember anyway.

Mum however does like to tell everyone that when I as about 5 or 6,  I had my hair long and anyone that she'd meet in the street would look at me and say to my mum...What's your daughter's name?  :mad:
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #23: Jan 24, 2009 05:43:45 pm
      I was courting a girl when I was 22 a long long time ago I'm 47 now !
      Anyhow we we're at my house I lived with my parents, and we were getting down to business as you do when I missed the target from behind and split the end of my foreskin ! there was blood all over ! I had to go downstairs wrapped in a bloodstained White bedsheet (embarrasingly) and explain to mum what happend and drive myself to hospital !
      by the time i Arrived it had Cauterized itself ! but boy was I redfaced explaining to the Nurse what happened !
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #24: Jan 24, 2009 06:04:16 pm
       ::)

I think we have a new winner  ;)   Ouch  :f_doh:

Quick Reply