Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Hesky off to Villa for 4 million pounds?

Read 4075 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Hesky off to Villa for 4 million pounds?
      Jan 23, 2009 01:15:17 pm
      http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/23772/default.aspx

Aston Villa are believed to have agreed a £4 million fee with Wigan Athletic for striker Emile Heskey.

The England forward's future at the JJB Stadium has been the subject of continued speculation for several months, with the Latics in danger of losing the forward for nothing when his contract expires at the end of the season.

Heskey's former club Liverpool had been linked with striker, who has scored 16 Premier League goals for Wigan since joining in July 2006.
      However, it appears Villa - currently occupying a Champions League place - have won the race for his signature, reuniting him with Martin O'Neill, who he played under at Leicester City.
      ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________

Did he not sign a pre-contract with LFC for the summer?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Re: Hesky off to Villa for 4 million pounds?
      Reply #1: Jan 23, 2009 01:23:05 pm
      Obviously not - shouldn't believe everything you read in the papers
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2: Jan 23, 2009 01:29:12 pm
      Amount of sleep Ill lose if we dont get him = zero
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #3: Jan 23, 2009 02:43:50 pm
      Precisely. I'm glad Villa are gonna get him.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #4: Jan 23, 2009 07:21:05 pm
      Villa sign England striker Heskey

Aston Villa have completed the signing of England striker Emile Heskey for £3.5m from Wigan.

Talks between the two clubs began on Thursday and the 31-year-old passed a medical before signing a three-and-a-half year deal with Villa.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/7846748.stm
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't really want him anyway.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #5: Jan 23, 2009 09:08:12 pm
      Wigan could well be in sh*t street now, selling off arguably two of their best players in Palacios and Heskey. Suppose they've still got Valencia and Zaki, for now anyway. I think Wigan knew this was coming, hence the signing of that Colombian forward they've just got/about to get... something like Hugo Rodagella?
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #6: Jan 23, 2009 09:15:39 pm
      So glad we didn't re-sign him. Not the way forward for us.
      redsamba82
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts | -4 
      Reply #7: Jan 23, 2009 09:30:26 pm
      if he wasnt good enough for us in the past,he wont be good enough for us now,am happy he is going to villa !
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8: Jan 23, 2009 09:53:35 pm
      Well I did'nt expect him to be going to Villa, I didn't even know they were interested in him.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #9: Jan 23, 2009 10:53:50 pm
      Good Luck to him, nice guy Heskey, but not good enough for Liverpool, those days are gone.
      Epicthunder
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 206 posts | -1 
      Reply #10: Jan 24, 2009 02:33:00 am
      He is a good player, but could improve aspects of his game...they made a good deal.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #11: Jan 24, 2009 11:06:52 am
      I agree with most people on here - I don't think he has the standard to play for Liverpool, and I'm relieved to hear he's signed for another club TBH.

I don't think £4 million players are the way to win the Premiership - if anything, I would prefer us either to buy very few players, but of the highest quality, or put those kinds of amounts into young talent who have the ability to develop into the best.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #12: Jan 24, 2009 12:09:20 pm
      http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2009/01/24/revealed-how-emile-heskey-snubbed-liverpool-for-aston-villa-97319-22766656/

Revealed: How Emile Heskey snubbed Liverpool for Aston Villa

MARTIN O’Neill has hinted that Emile Heskey snubbed Liverpool in favour of a move to Villa to boost his England World Cup dream.

The Villa boss was finally reunited with his former Leicester prodigy last night when Heskey agreed a £3.5million switch from Wigan.

O’Neill suggested the prospect of regular football and security of a three-and-a-half-year deal probably swung it in Villa’s favour.

Heskey was widely expected to see out his contract at the JJB Stadium and join Liverpool on a free transfer in the summer.

But O’Neill knew Villa could hijack the deal because football’s rules prevent pre-contract agreements being made between two clubs in the same country.

And the Irishman wore a wry smile while denying that beating fierce rival Rafa Benitez to the 31-year-old’s signature gave him any added satisfaction. “I’m sure that Emile has a driving ambition to be in that England party and be on that plane to go to South Africa next year and I think this is his chance,” said O’Neill.

“Eventually things might not work out, but at this minute it feels really good because I think he’ll be great for us.

“If Liverpool were one of the teams he might look and see they are not playing a £20million player every single week.

“They’ve got Fernando Torres, who’s one of the best players in world football, and they’re able to change things round.
      ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ___________

Martin O'Neal talking at  RAFA and the  KEANE Deal? Sound like a taunt.

Quick Reply