Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Playstation 3

Read 82962 times
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: Playstation 3
      Reply #299: Aug 19, 2011 01:31:25 pm
      Guy, I have a PS3 in my house in Belfast. I am a student in Liverpool and I am unable to bring the PS3 over to Liverpool. I have been working mt ass off in work all summer in Belfast in a crap job. From working, I got a £200 bonus and I intend to buy a PS3 for Liverpool. Therefore, I plan to buy a PS3 with around 40gb or 60gb memory. Anyone know whether I can get one for around £200 and if so, were can I get it? Also, would a brand new one be available in around that price? Cheers for any help. I am not the most gifted when it comes to gaming. ;D

I found a 320GB PS3 slim for £215 at Tesco - http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.209-8263.aspx

That's the best value one I've found, others were £250 or in well excess of that.  

Tried looking for 40 or 60GB but I couldn't find any.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #300: Aug 20, 2011 05:39:45 pm
      Is that a question for all of us or just Guy?  :P

Cheeky tw*t. ;)

I found a 320GB PS3 slim for £215 at Tesco - http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.209-8263.aspx

That's the best value one I've found, others were £250 or in well excess of that. 

Tried looking for 40 or 60GB but I couldn't find any.

Hmmm right, seems that the lower memory are harder to come by these days. Thanks very much for your help mate.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #301: Aug 20, 2011 05:45:47 pm
      Why don't you just get a used one in mint condition on ebay? You already have one at home in Belfast. ;)

And they can come with 2 controllers and some games even.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #302: Aug 20, 2011 06:00:13 pm
      Cheeky tw*t. ;)

Hmmm right, seems that the lower memory are harder to come by these days. Thanks very much for your help mate.

Go into Game or a shop like that, they sell used ones. But you're probably best off going for a new one anyway.

Edit: Here ya go. £189.99 http://www.game.co.uk/Consoles/PlayStation-3/Sony-PlayStation-3-160GB-PS3-Slim/~r356471/
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #303: Aug 26, 2011 07:53:02 pm
      Just waiting got my PS3 to come now. Excited.

Looked at a few bundles but went for separates on Amazon and got it a lot cheaper.

320gb slim ps3
      Black ops (new)
      BF2 (broken case)
      Red dead Redemption (nearly new)
      Resistance 2 (platinum)
      2x official controller
      Turtle beach headset
      Wireless keyboard
      Pyramid charging station.

Including delivery it come to £255.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #304: Aug 26, 2011 10:02:26 pm
      Question from someone who has zero knowledge of the PS3 world.

I've noticed PS3's with broken blu rays going cheap on fleabay and I was wondering if I got one (and modded it) would I still be able to plug a hard drive with games pre-loaded onto it into it and play games from it?

I know you can buy a hard drive with like 95 games pre-loaded off t'internet for a minimal amount and whilst I obviously wouldn't do this because it's naughty and wrong is it possible to do even though the blu ray is knackered?

danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #305: Aug 27, 2011 03:54:09 pm
      You can all add me now. PSN is danny8t4
      Put your username on the message though.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #306: Sep 05, 2011 04:57:33 am
      Question from someone who has zero knowledge of the PS3 world.

I've noticed PS3's with broken blu rays going cheap on fleabay and I was wondering if I got one (and modded it) would I still be able to plug a hard drive with games pre-loaded onto it into it and play games from it?

I know you can buy a hard drive with like 95 games pre-loaded off t'internet for a minimal amount and whilst I obviously wouldn't do this because it's naughty and wrong is it possible to do even though the blu ray is knackered?

I wouldn't try it but if you know what you're doing then you could do worse. Of course if you know how to do this maybe replacing the bluray drive isn't out of the question?

edit: to answer you it is possible but you probably need to jailbreak but I know with some you must have the disc in the drive...
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #307: Sep 05, 2011 09:25:37 pm
      I'm going to order the 160GB off Amazon soon after I have been into game to check for deals. Can't wait to start that career mode on Fifa 12 with the mighty reds!
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #308: Sep 11, 2011 07:27:24 pm
      PS3 fu**ed again.
      This has been happening since the day I got this one - It's a refurbed replacement one from SONY
      The fan get's really loud, and like a month ago it started going 2 levels louder and then beeping and saying the system is too hot and turns itself off
      Playstation say it's £110 for a new old one
      eBay is about the same.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #309: Sep 11, 2011 07:59:18 pm
      If you save up a little bit more you can get the 160gb slim for about £170.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #310: Sep 11, 2011 08:22:10 pm
      Well I have enough money like, I just don't want to spend that much, I need a new laptop, it's my Dad's and brother's birthdays coming up + i've just received my new Premier League accreditation pass so I plan on making my way to as many games as I can, PLUS I need driving lessons
      I'm looking at spending £80-odd on a PS3, then £30 odd on the new FIFA, then like £250 on a new laptop if i'm lucky, £40 at least on birthdays, £20 a time for each game I go and £400 for 20 driving lessons, so like almost £1000
      Joke.

Has anyone got any advice on what to do with my PS3 before getting another?
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #311: Sep 11, 2011 08:36:28 pm
      Yeah with allthem out goings you need to bite the bullet and just either get the cash elsewhere.

Throw it in eBay and see if you get anything for it.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #312: Sep 11, 2011 11:42:07 pm
      Yeah that's what I'm gonna do once I get a new one, faulty ones still go for like £50 so it's not too bad
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #313: Sep 11, 2011 11:44:28 pm
      I really like the PS3.

Been on it for a few weeks now.

Still not comfy with the pads.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #314: Sep 11, 2011 11:48:39 pm
      PS3 fu**ed again.
      This has been happening since the day I got this one - It's a refurbed replacement one from SONY
      The fan get's really loud, and like a month ago it started going 2 levels louder and then beeping and saying the system is too hot and turns itself off
      Playstation say it's £110 for a new old one
      eBay is about the same.

What happened?

Did the red light flash every time you tried switching it on?

It did that to me after turning louder and started overheating but I fixed it myself. Just wondering if yours it the same thing? 
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #315: Sep 11, 2011 11:52:10 pm
      Well what happens is, I turn it on
      Normal fan noise
      2 minutes in it steps up a gear
      5/10 minutes in it's sounding like a hairdryer
      Give it another minute, beep beep beep, notice in the top right saying something like "Your system has become hot please turn it off and restart it later"
      It used to give me a few minutes to say finish what i was doing on it then I could turn it off but now it does it itself in the space of 20 seconds
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #316: Sep 14, 2011 07:11:22 pm
      Rang Playstation again today, got a free exchange coming on Friday ;)
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #317: Sep 14, 2011 07:13:51 pm
      Will my my download speed increase if i close IE?
      Eccleston cake
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #318: Sep 15, 2011 09:29:47 am
      Well I have enough money like, I just don't want to spend that much, I need a new laptop, it's my Dad's and brother's birthdays coming up + I've just received my new Premier League accreditation pass so I plan on making my way to as many games as I can, PLUS I need driving lessons
      I'm looking at spending £80-odd on a PS3, then £30 odd on the new FIFA, then like £250 on a new laptop if I'm lucky, £40 at least on birthdays, £20 a time for each game I go and £400 for 20 driving lessons, so like almost £1000
      Joke.

Has anyone got any advice on what to do with my PS3 before getting another?

get the processor off, put silver compound on it, it will transfer the heat better, so cooling it, often ps3's get hot because they are internally dirty, you can open it and carefully put a hoover nossle inside to remove all dust.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #319: Sep 15, 2011 04:36:18 pm
      get the processor off, put silver compound on it, it will transfer the heat better, so cooling it, often ps3's get hot because they are internally dirty, you can open it and carefully put a hoover nossle inside to remove all dust.

No, unless you want him to completely knacker his PS3 mainboard, that's not a good idea.

Jonty, the first part about silver compound is right. It's likely that it's deteriorated over time and you'll need to apply a pea-sized amount on the CPU, then reapply the heatsink.

But do not use a hoover. Buy a can of compressed air for £5-8 from any respectable online retailer and blow the dust off that way.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #320: Sep 15, 2011 11:15:36 pm
      No, unless you want him to completely knacker his PS3 mainboard, that's not a good idea.

Jonty, the first part about silver compound is right. It's likely that it's deteriorated over time and you'll need to apply a pea-sized amount on the CPU, then reapply the heatsink.

But do not use a hoover. Buy a can of compressed air for £5-8 from any respectable online retailer and blow the dust off that way.
      Cheers both of you but I've managed to wangle a freebie :P
      On it's way tomorrow
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #321: Sep 16, 2011 12:20:38 pm
      Go into Game or a shop like that, they sell used ones. But you're probably best off going for a new one anyway.

Edit: Here ya go. £189.99 http://www.game.co.uk/Consoles/PlayStation-3/Sony-PlayStation-3-160GB-PS3-Slim/~r356471/

Well, managed to get a pre-owned 160GB slim-line PS3 and Gran Turismo 5. The guy said for me to go elsewhere and see what the other jobs are offering and he would make me an offer. I went back and managed to get him to lower the price by £15 and throw in a game....told a wee fib. ;D

Quick Reply