Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Playstation 3

Read 82964 times
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Re: Playstation 3
      Reply #322: Sep 16, 2011 07:33:30 pm
      F***ing pissed off, Playstation F***ing me about, just sent a guy 20 minutes late without a PS3 to swap with mine just expecting to take mine away!
      When the woman on the phone said yeh it'll be a straight swap, she even put this in the reference notes, then I ring up today after all this and they say this isn't even the policy anymore! And they do have the guy take your current one away for inspection before bringing another in a week
      So now they've gotta pick mine up on Tuesday and they'll bring another on Friday, full on w*nk
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #323: Sep 19, 2011 11:35:08 am
      Had my 60Gb PS3 from the first day it came out.

Last night I think I suffered the yellow light of death.  Managed to get the disc out - handy seeing as it was a rental.

Try to switch on, it thinks about it for a few seconds - the red lights flash and then it goes back in to standby.

Fully expecting it to be dead, but is it possible it could just be the fan or something that needs replacing.

I'd rather not have to get a new PS3 Slim, because I like being able to play the PS2 games.  Anyone any ideas?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #324: Sep 19, 2011 11:40:56 am
      There are shops you can bring in to who will fix it, but they wont offer any guarantee that it wont happen again.
      Have a slim now and it's annoying how you cant play PS2 games on it.
      Guess the money men didn't think we were buying enough PS3 games.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #325: Sep 19, 2011 03:58:39 pm
      Had my 60Gb PS3 from the first day it came out.

Last night I think I suffered the yellow light of death.  Managed to get the disc out - handy seeing as it was a rental.

Try to switch on, it thinks about it for a few seconds - the red lights flash and then it goes back in to standby.

Fully expecting it to be dead, but is it possible it could just be the fan or something that needs replacing.

I'd rather not have to get a new PS3 Slim, because I like being able to play the PS2 games.  Anyone any ideas?

Sounds like the Yellow lights. You can get it fixed from a local tech shop, but as Racer said - no guarantees. I recommend getting it fixed and trading it in for a new one. You'll save a bit of money that way, or at least I did.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #326: Sep 19, 2011 06:54:42 pm
      It's all about the thermal compound I think, replace that and you're sound
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #327: Sep 20, 2011 10:09:07 am
      Okay, I currently own a PS3 in Malaysia using Adryan_90 as my PSN ID.

So my friends and I thought of buying a PS3 when we return to the UK (let's face it, 9 months without it is TOO long). So he told me to try to sign into his PSN account from my console to see if I could see his trophies and all that but I got the "You cannot sign in with another user's sign-in ID (email address)."

So, does this mean we can't go sign into our current PSN ID using another console (if we do get one there)?

I heard there's a "Sign in with existing ID" option but I'm not certain. Does it mean if someone's PS3 broke, he can't use the game account on his new one?
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #328: Sep 20, 2011 10:14:07 am
      Yeah Adryan. You just go to create new user, type in whatever you want. Mine is mmmmmmmm. Then go to psn and type in existing user. Then put your details in, will ask you a lot of security questions if it's the 1st time you logged into your Adryan_90 account on another ps3.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #329: Sep 20, 2011 10:16:56 am
      Yeah Adryan. You just go to create new user, type in whatever you want. Mine is mmmmmmmm. Then go to psn and type in existing user. Then put your details in, will ask you a lot of security questions if it's the 1st time you logged into your Adryan_90 account on another ps3.

Hmmm. Thanks for the info, danny. Appreciate it :)
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #330: Sep 20, 2011 10:20:35 am
      If you get stuck mate, just ask and I'll explain in further detail. I only know how to do it as I only recently bought my ps3 but had an existing account on my brothers ps3 couple years ago.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #331: Sep 20, 2011 02:37:16 pm
      Cheers, mate. Won't be so soon, though, earliest next month as I'm only flying back in a couple of weeks!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #332: Oct 07, 2011 03:26:08 pm
      You know, if I buy something off PSN, I can actually just go back on it and download it on another console, right?

How about for those download vouchers?

If I redeemed one on one console, how does another console get it?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #333: Oct 08, 2011 05:54:01 am
      You know, if I buy something off PSN, I can actually just go back on it and download it on another console, right?

How about for those download vouchers?

If I redeemed one on one console, how does another console get it?

You login to the PSN Store and go to Downloads at the top. You can re-download more or less anything, but think you're limited to 5 times.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #334: Oct 08, 2011 08:35:31 am
      You login to the PSN Store and go to Downloads at the top. You can re-download more or less anything, but think you're limited to 5 times.

Got it but how about redeemable vouchers?

Once I key in the codes on one console, I doubt I can do it on another..
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #335: Feb 11, 2012 05:16:16 pm
      Just had a problem with my PS3, well it started yesterday but it wasn't reading disks, I tried a disk cleaner to no effect, so that was me I thought my ps3 knackered.

Anyway I thought I'd have a tinker and see how easy it would be to replace the blu-ray player, rather than buy a new ps3.

So I took one foot off the console where it would be if stood up on end and removed a torx screw and slid the top off.

There was seven screws under the top to undo, so I undone them and flipped the top to the front of the ps3 and removed the top completely.

I then proceeded to undo the two wires that plug into the blue ray player and removed it from the console.

The blu ray was held in a metal casing and I had to undo four screws underneath it to remove the casing.

Then I was left with teh blu ray player, there was a further two screws holding the blu ray together and two clips which I undone.

Then I was in at the internals of the blu ray player, I gave the inside a good hoover to remove any dust, avoiding the laser, then I cleaned the laser with some fluid from a laser cleaner set and a cotton bud.

At this point I was feeling fairly confident and decided to strip the full lot down and give it a good hoover to get rid of any more dust.

Anyway cleaning the blu ray player has worked spot on my games don't appear to be freezing and its picking up disks every time.

And the General hoover out means ths fan is not coming on as often as it once did.

If your technically minded and not afraid to have a go, its a fairly simple console to strip down and could save you a lot of money.

Just thougt I'd post that up in here incase any one gets a similar problem.

lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #336: Feb 11, 2012 09:50:22 pm
      I concur with RLB here.

My PS3 used to have a flashing light, and kept on freezing and shutting down due to overheating, but it is very easy to unscrew and just clean the dust away. That fixed my problem, and it is working like its brand spanking new.

Although, if you still have a warranty on your PS3, do not remove the sticker which covers the screw or you will lose any warranty you once had.
      Bier
      Reply #337: Mar 20, 2012 09:41:47 am
      Anyone played Journey yet? Fantastic gaming experience. Beautiful, and very original. This game makes me really excited about the future of games.

GameSpot Reviews - Journey (PS3)
      Bier
      Reply #338: Jun 05, 2012 05:30:51 am
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #339: Jun 05, 2012 02:28:54 pm
      Yup... it's by Naughty Dog as well!
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #340: Jun 23, 2012 12:53:01 am
      Should have a thread of it's own. Moved up my list of anticipated games after E3. Will be released next year though, bummer.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #341: Jun 23, 2012 07:28:59 am
      All the good games are being put back to 2013, sucks! No BioShock either till then...

Quick Reply