Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Greatest job in the world?

Read 16415 times
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Re: Greatest job in the world?
      Reply #46: Aug 09, 2009 02:17:32 pm
      Not too sure about this one. Even Rafa has wind.

:D
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #47: Aug 10, 2009 06:49:49 am
      Fernando Torres' physiotherapist ! ;D
      Liverpool_babe
      • Forum John Toshack

• 275 posts |
      • So maybe not our year... I still love LFC!
      Reply #48: Aug 10, 2009 10:29:53 am
      Well I'd like to be their kit girl ;) or maybe their masseuse.... ;D is it wrong to want to be a hot chick massaging the footballers?
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #49: Aug 10, 2009 11:26:12 am
      A British man has been appointed the new caretaker of an Australian tropical island, a six-month position described as "the best job in the world".

Ben Southall, 34, a charity fundraiser from Petersfield, Hampshire, emerged from a field of over 34,000 applicants.

The process gave a global profile to Australian tourism, which has gone into decline amid the worldwide recession.

His new job requires Mr Southall to live and report from Hamilton Island, on Queensland's Great Barrier Reef.

Mr Southall was chosen from among 16 finalists competing for the A$150,000 (£73,500; $110,000) position.
      He was named as the successful candidate in a reality TV-style ceremony by Tourism Queensland.

Mr Southall said: "To go away now as the island caretaker for Tourism Queensland and the Great Barrier Reef is an extreme honour.
      Parents "amazed" at son's new job" I hope I can fill the boots as much as everybody is expecting. My swimming is hopefully up to standard and I look forward to all the new roles and responsibilities that the task involves."

Mr Southall, who was congratulated by his vanquished rivals as his name was announced, will now begin the arduous task of preparing for life alone on the picture-perfect island.

As well as the salary, the post of caretaker at Hamilton Island comes with a three bedroom beach home, a swimming pool and golf cart.

The job description requires Mr Southall "to explore the islands of the Great Barrier Reef, swim, snorkel, make friends with the locals and generally enjoy the tropical Queensland climate and lifestyle".

As a thoroughly modern caretaker, Mr Southall will also be expected to report back to Tourism Queensland and the world via blogs, a photo diary, video updates and interviews.

He was chosen after the finalists spent four days on Hamilton Island undergoing a rigorous selection process involving snorkelling, barbecues and time at a spa.

The finalists also had to demonstrate their blogging abilities, take swimming tests and sit through in-person interviews. The BBC's Nick Bryant, in Sydney, says Tourism Queensland deliberately chose to launch the campaign back in January, in the midst of the northern hemisphere winter, but did not expect anywhere near the global response.

Web users viewed the online job description from almost every country except North Korea and a few African states, our correspondent reports.

This was in the news some time back and considered to be the best job.  But the GREATEST??  Being involved in Pool would be my greatest.

tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #50: Aug 10, 2009 02:51:42 pm
      Hehe, for me Rafa seat :)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #51: Aug 10, 2009 11:08:27 pm

Is that being the seat or sitting in the seat? ;)
      tbone19011981
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #52: Aug 26, 2009 09:16:15 am
      Stewards must have a great job, getting payed to watch the mighty reds.

Apart from that idiot in the green jacket in the Kop that always seems to walk into the bog as im sparking a ciggie up. The little jobsworth
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #53: Oct 07, 2009 08:29:22 pm
      Footie Manager with Messrs gerrard, Torres, Carragher & Kuyt in the team, even if its sunday league & they are all on the wrong side of 50 :D

Quick Reply