Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Cisse to be the next Henry..fear of Cisse being sold

Read 4582 times
      jleslie8
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 5 posts |
      Apr 04, 2006 06:04:47 am
      As henry was used as a right winger in juventus, like cisse at pool, he then left to arsenal, becoming the best forward in the world 4 years later. My fear for cisse is that if he leaves he will then become a world best striker, and we will then regret selling him!!!
      J.leslie8
      Any one else have these fears???
      giddy76
      • Forum John Toshack

• 263 posts |
      I like him!
      Reply #1: Apr 04, 2006 08:45:24 am
      My fear is losing him. I like Djibril... I think his attitude needs to be left in the dressing room when he comes on the pitch but I think he's great. Although I do think he's upset Benitez and that's why he's left out of the squad on occasion. I think if he was given a regular starting place he'd be scoring every game.
      asharonfountain
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #2: Apr 04, 2006 04:49:26 pm
      god giddy76 do u like read ma mind thts 2 things i agree wid ya on, ciise just needs some confidence and 2 start regular then he'll show us why we bought him
      rEdGiRl
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #3: Apr 04, 2006 06:23:30 pm
      YEAH TOTALLY AGREE, LIKE U SAY THO HE NEEDS 2 LEARN 2 KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT AN NOT LET IT B KNOWN WEN HE'S SEIN HIS ASS. RAFA WON'T PUT UP WITH ATTITUDE WHICH IS Y AS U SAY HE HAS BEEN LEFT OUT OF SQUAD AT TIMES. HE IS A GREAT PLAYER HE JUST NEEDS MORE OPPORTUNITY 2 SHOW IT. UNFORTUNATELY I DON'T KNOW IF HE WILL GET IT THO???  :?:
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #4: Apr 04, 2006 10:31:22 pm
      I think Djib is going.

A shame - was he ever really given a proper chance?? I just dont think he is a team player and Rafa likes hard-working strikers.  I dont think he can stand up and be counted when the going gets tough.

I just hope we get a fair enough price for him.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #5: Apr 05, 2006 08:35:56 am
      I think he is going aswell, I dont think he's gonna be the next Henry tho!!

I really wanted him to do well but the style/system rafa plays just doesnt play to his strenghts.

I think well get 8-10m for tho so.............
      foxy
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts | -11 
      Reply #6: Apr 05, 2006 11:28:02 am
      what you're afraid that your'e lose on of your sh*te players? ;D lets look at his stats shall we: 6 goals in his 28 games, hardly anything to write home about is it?

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/fo/profiles/7362.html

if i was Rafa i'd have sold him long ago.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #7: Apr 05, 2006 03:33:56 pm
      Quote from: "foxy"
      what you're afraid that your'e lose on of your sh*te players? ;D lets look at his stats shall we: 6 goals in his 28 games, hardly anything to write home about is it?

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/fo/profiles/7362.html

if i was Rafa i'd have sold him long ago.
      if i was you i'd shut up
      DAVE P
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #8: Apr 12, 2006 01:39:15 am
      THIERY HENRY WAS UNHAPPY IN A SLOW STOP START GAME....A YOUNG FRENCH KID MAROONED IN ITALY.

CISSE'S PROBLEMS ARE HE HAS LITTLE OR NO FIRST TOUCH (THE MOST ESSENTIAL THING IN A WORLD CLASS FOOTBALLER) OR COMPOSURE IN FRONT OF GOAL.  HAVE U EVER SEEN HIM EVEN ATTEMPT TO PLACE A BALL IN THE NET WITH THE FINNESE OF HENRY ?

HE HAS 2 ASSETS ... RAW PACE AND POWER.  HIS FOOTBALLING BRAINS NOT THE BEST...YOU'LL NEVER SEE HIM PLUCK BALLS OUT THE AIR IN THE MANNER HENRY DID FOR HIS 2ND V VILLA.

PLUS CAN U THINK OF A GOAL HES SCORED VS A DECENT SIDE OR IN A BIG GAME ?

IF HE GOES THE ONLY WAY HE'S GOING TO DO WELL IN ENGLAND IS IN A TEAM THAT PUT LOTS OF BALLS IN FRONT OF HIM TO RUN ONTO CENTRALLY.  SO BASICALLY BUILD IT ROUND HIM.

HE'LL GO TO MARSIELLE I THINK...AND IM HAPPY ABOUT THAT.
      oldphilthy
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #9: Apr 13, 2006 11:27:26 am
      well said DAVE P if you look at henry's finishing cisse is no were near that type of talent and you can usually see it no matter how long they have been playin its a natural gift i think not something you can learn,
      besides he just doesn't play for the team enough for me, i do think tho if rafa showed a bit more confidence in him and gave him a string of starts, we would be looking at a very different player who woludn't just be out to prove he is worth a start by trying to take every chance for himself .
      DAVE P
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #10: Apr 14, 2006 11:27:37 pm
      £14m...absolute joke that.
      YNWA
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #11: Apr 16, 2006 12:26:42 am
      No im afraid of luzing him 2, hes been outstanding over the last few games especially after seeing him score a stunner and assist Fowler 2.

Quick Reply