Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Post match Arsenal

Read 5148 times
      Xabi Gerrard
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 22 posts |
      Post match Arsenal
      Nov 12, 2006 05:51:55 pm
      This result shows we've got a long way to go before we can challenge for the prem, we did ok in the first half, but we were out played in the second, im sorry but we need to sign some quality players, instead of settling for half decent
      treble89
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Re: Post match Arsenal
      Reply #1: Nov 12, 2006 05:58:39 pm
      Holy jaysus fellas, you desrve better than the sh!te being served up. JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH RAFA, YOU'D BETTER SORT IT OUT. Bolo Zenden is a complete waste of space, rubbish, how can you dare justify putting him in the middle instead of Gerrard? Gonzales is lightweight, Pennant fcukin rubbish, - this is totally unacceptable - OUR CLUB, GET IT SORTED NOW!!! >:(
      lfc kid
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts | -1 
      Reply #2: Nov 12, 2006 06:01:03 pm
      Another defeat away

1 goal in 6 games!! (shocking)

We will be lucky if we finish 4th this season
      « Last Edit: Nov 12, 2006 08:11:55 pm by JD »
      Red 14
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #3: Nov 12, 2006 06:05:34 pm
      First half I think we did ok and we were unlucky not to have scored. I think they gave up when arsenal scored the second goal right at the start of the second half. Now we have an away game with middlesbrough. I hope we can win this time. I really hope we can still compete for the first place but if things dont change we'll finish in either fourth or third place.
      danlfc
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #4: Nov 12, 2006 06:22:07 pm
      we did ok first half but i dont think we were positive enougth when attacking, we also played it around in defence to much and didnt get the ball forward. middlesborough is another tricky away game though :(
      treble89
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #5: Nov 12, 2006 06:24:04 pm
      Look I've stuck a few posts on this site and I cant believe how , well, well you all seem to be takin this. ITS TOTALLY UNNACCEPTABLE. We are Liverpool and we play like bl00dy Lincoln. Rafa needs to get this sorted. I know he won the European Cup. 2 years ago. What is happening at our club. We cant keep our heads buried in the sand. Stevie G is not happy and I for one don't blame him. Build a team around him - you are alienating him Rafa - its got to stop. >:(
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #6: Nov 12, 2006 06:36:12 pm
      what an embarassment, and i wasn't talking about the ref who saw stars when xabi alonso headed the ball towards his uhm, balls.

i was baffled why rafa decided on putting zenden in the centre instead of gerrard. it shld have been pennant on the right at first because i think he could have caused a bit of trouble from the flank.

today's culprit has to be the defence. they weren't bad actually, they made a couple of important tackles and put henry at bay. but the a few mistakes is just enough to let in 3 easy goals.

goal no.1 : flamini was allowed to get to the ball first.
      goal no.2 : carragher was so intense on van persie's ballet dancing he let the door open for kolo toure (!!) to pass through unchecked.
      goal no.3 : gallas stars in Home Alone 4 : No one's looking after me.

what's the problem now? rafa should buck up and make sure we get back on our feet as soon as possible by end of december. at least now we've got arsenal away settled, time to recuperate and sort things out.

you'll never walk alone.

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #7: Nov 12, 2006 06:41:26 pm
      Totally gutted and agree with treble89, this is totally unacceptable for a team of our calibre,  I thought after the first 20 mins the game looked promising but we sat back after they scored their second  and our determination was gone.  Stevie should of been in the middle from the start, and Zenden on the left then at least we might have had more goal scoring opportunities,  Pennant is too lightweight and shouldn't even be wearing a red shirt,  whats happened to the team who came back from 3-0 down in Istanbul ?  Come on Reds, and Come on Rafa get your team selection sorted out now !!!!!  We'll be lucky to get 3rd or 4th this season.   >:(
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #8: Nov 12, 2006 07:09:38 pm
      From what I've seen of them, Pennant and Gonzalez are not up to standard YET., Zendon is trying,but not Liverpool quality.
      We need to shoot to score, too much playing around the box and going no-where from what I can see.
      Let's hurt the opposition from the start, attack them, shoot at them and win every 30 / 70 ball.
      Let's show the passion we aspire for at Anfield.
      Thats the negative over, lets now look at who we've played away. - Everton, Chelsea, Moanchester Urinals and now Arseholes. I know the results have been bad and appaling, but the big 4 away games are over. The season should start now. We are doing well in the cups and the fixture list upto and past xmas shows we should pick up big points.
      Lets not get down and depressed, get behind the lads, go to the games and support the lads. Lets show our colours. Remember OUR SEASON STARTS NOW.
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #9: Nov 12, 2006 07:10:22 pm
      its so annoying that we can't win away from home >:( zenden was appauling
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #10: Nov 12, 2006 07:31:17 pm
      too many players under performed today gonzales was poor alonso was far to negative always seemed to be passing backwards and zenden well he was just zenden.

All 3 goals could have been prevented but then we only had a couple of chances and bellamy can consider himself very unlucky and gerrard has to stay in the middle in sissokos absence.

all we can do is be miserable after another away defeat without a goal and wait for boro.....away
      Lindyred
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #11: Nov 12, 2006 07:46:25 pm
      Look I've stuck a few posts on this site and I cant believe how , well, well you all seem to be takin this. ITS TOTALLY UNNACCEPTABLE. We are Liverpool and we play like bl00dy Lincoln. Rafa needs to get this sorted. I know he won the European Cup. 2 years ago. What is happening at our club. We cant keep our heads buried in the sand. Stevie G is not happy and I for one don't blame him. Build a team around him - you are alienating him Rafa - its got to stop. >:(

How very dare you !!    ::)

Please don't demean the lower league clubs, it is totally unneccessary.

I am a supporter of both Liverpool and Lincoln City FC and I can assure you that at the moment, Lincoln City (no "bloody" in there you will notice) are playing much better than Liverpool ! 

Lincoln City have won 7 games away from home this season, one of them 5-0, we are (or were, haven't checked recently) the highest scorers in the whole league and our last home league game we won 7-1. 

Indeed, one of our strikers has scored three hatricks already this season, including two hatricks in two games.

So please check your facts before posting, as Lincoln City have no problem in scoring goals this season, whereas unfortunately for us all, Liverpool do!

So come on both you Reds (LFC and LCFC) !!!!    :)

« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2006 07:47:41 pm by Lindyred »
      paddyfrog
      • On Trial

• 3 posts | -1 
      Reply #12: Nov 12, 2006 07:57:20 pm
      I agree with treble89 100%!! I'm fed up with away defeats, draws, that disgusting yellow kit (we're never successful in yellow) but most of all... team selection.  Sissoko was missing due to injury, but that aside many of the players were missing on the pitch.  Rafa, i believe, is a technical genius! Geniuses earn that tag from greatness which itself comes from trial and error to develope a product although Rafa's gone too far in the "trial and error" department!  The fans want a consisent side. Fullstop! If anyone reading this knows Rafa, please forward my team selection for our Euro game & away to Boro... Dudek, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Riise, Pennant, Gerrard, Alonso, Zenden, Garcia, Fowler.

Garcia tries trick and doesnt always pull em off... but he scores good, fluent, instinctive goals, often when we might not deserve to score. Fowler... Predatorial instinct!!  Legendary. The fans love him and TRUST him.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #13: Nov 12, 2006 08:14:56 pm

Spot on.

Completely unacceptable.  What is worrying is the size of these away defeats.  We never give ourselves a chance of getting back in to them.  We have had a tough run of away games no doubt - the fixture list has not been kind to us, but we are going backwards this season - not forwards.

Very worrying.

And as for Lincoln, they are hardly playing against the same level of competition as us.
      Kernow-Kop
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 80 posts |
      Reply #14: Nov 12, 2006 08:18:40 pm
      you cant take away how well arsenal played today,but what the f*?k!
      can anyone tell me what the hell happened today,it was a load of donkeys nuts.
      the midfield lineup looked bad before the game even started and just proved it once the whistle blow.
      zendon and gonzo  ??? should have come off at halftime,or even better,not started
      Lindyred
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #15: Nov 12, 2006 08:23:30 pm

Spot on.

Completely unacceptable.  What is worrying is the size of these away defeats.  We never give ourselves a chance of getting back in to them.  We have had a tough run of away games no doubt - the fixture list has not been kind to us, but we are going backwards this season - not forwards.

Very worrying.

And as for Lincoln, they are hardly playing against the same level of competition as us.

Maybe they should be then  ;)
      treble89
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Re: post match arsenal
      Reply #16: Nov 12, 2006 09:07:08 pm

How very dare you !!    ::)

Please don't demean the lower league clubs, it is totally unneccessary.

I am a supporter of both Liverpool and Lincoln City FC and I can assure you that at the moment, Lincoln City (no "bloody" in there you will notice) are playing much better than Liverpool ! 

Lincoln City have won 7 games away from home this season, one of them 5-0, we are (or were, haven't checked recently) the highest scorers in the whole league and our last home league game we won 7-1. 

Indeed, one of our strikers has scored three hatricks already this season, including two hatricks in two games.

So please check your facts before posting, as Lincoln City have no problem in scoring goals this season, whereas unfortunately for us all, Liverpool do!

So come on both you Reds (LFC and LCFC) !!!!    :)

How very dare I? Look mucker, i don't give a rats ass for Lincoln City - they are of no importance to me - whereas Liverpool are - but the sort of rubbish thats being served up is not good enough to win against sides of a lower league calibre. If you are happy with that then you may well be lucky enough to see the Reds fullfil a league fixture against Lincoln. Rafa has to stop being so damn stubborn and get back to the drawing board - Zenden is woeful, pennant is woeful, gonzales is woeful, the list goes on. TIME TO DEMAND BETTER
      Mickey LFC4Ever
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts | -6 
      Reply #17: Nov 12, 2006 09:41:05 pm
      i honestly don't know why we(liverpools supporters in general) say b4 every new season that this is the season we will win the prem because 2 b honest i dont think we will win it 4 at least another 5 years because r team is f*****g s***e.  the proof is there because even when big teams i.e. united, chelsea, arsenal play sh*te they still beat us. look at this season chelsea 1 - 0 liverpool, we deserved at least a draw, chelsea were average. united 2 - 0 liverpool, united were sh*te(and are anyway) an still beat us. 2 day arsenal 3 - 0 liverpool, arsenal r sh*te an still they beat us. i dunno wat it is maybe its a mental thing but it just seems tht when we play big teams we choke an dont play 100% so thts y i cant c us winnin the title for a long time.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #18: Nov 12, 2006 09:47:06 pm
      i honestly don't know why we(liverpools supporters in general) say b4 every new season that this is the season we will win the prem because 2 b honest i dont think we will win it 4 at least another 5 years because r team is f*****g s***e.  the proof is there because even when big teams i.e. united, chelsea, arsenal play sh*te they still beat us. look at this season chelsea 1 - 0 liverpool, we deserved at least a draw, chelsea were average. united 2 - 0 liverpool, united were sh*te(and are anyway) an still beat us. 2 day arsenal 3 - 0 liverpool, arsenal r sh*te an still they beat us. i dunno wat it is maybe its a mental thing but it just seems tht when we play big teams we choke an dont play 100% so thts y i cant c us winnin the title for a long time.

Come on!  :o

We got 82 points last season.  Real progress which we should have built on this season.  The squad this season IS better than last season.  You can hardly blame us for getting optomistic. 

We set very high standards for our club and every season we are RIGHT to expect us to challenge for the title.   Maybe it won't be this season, but it really isn't over yet.  We have lost to Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton and United all away.  We also lost to Bolton who we never do well against. The only defeat I have seen us deservedly lose is today and United.  We haven't had any luck this season and it does iron itself out.

We will finish in the top 4.
      redlozells
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #19: Nov 12, 2006 10:01:57 pm
      I think rafa got carried away with the media hyping up zenden's perf v the blue in the carling cup. I cant recall him having a decent game for the reds against quality oppostion. One deffo for the chop in Jan 07. As for Gonzalez...when are we going to c him do the business like he did in la liga ....his got to repay rafa back for his faith in him asap.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #20: Nov 12, 2006 10:13:52 pm
      We were just F***ing sh*te today, no desire again, this is getting embarrassing now, Goodison, Reebok, Old Trafford, now The Emirates - makes chelski performance look a good one now!!!

once the first goal was ruled offside we sat back, rather than actually go at them, the permanent passing back by certain players is now starting to annoy, every time finnan did it today he put us in trouble, john arne F***ing riise cannot defend to save his F***ing life, pennant should of been sent off for that challenge, but then so should of van persie for the handball - wasn't deliberate handball a sending off offence!!

Rafa has got to show more bottle now in away games - when we play away matches the players cannot seem to pass the ball more than twice to each other without losing possession and most of the time look like a bunch of strangers thrown togther than a team representing the mighty reds
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #21: Nov 12, 2006 10:19:31 pm
      Phew...thank god.  Just missed us on Match of the Day 2!

Hyypia definitely at fault for the Toure's goal.  Shocker.
      « Last Edit: Nov 12, 2006 10:21:08 pm by koolkidda »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #22: Nov 12, 2006 10:51:03 pm
      Switched over after watching barca - great free-kick by ronaldinho

talk about sami what about captain super-balls defending, him or riise should of took responsibility for gallas

oh well someone else from anfield road is on bbc2 now making a c**t of temselves in north london!

Quick Reply