Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool can't settle for 2nd best....

Read 1459 times
      OhNo
      • Forum Igor Biscan
      • Started Topic

• 124 posts |
      Liverpool can't settle for 2nd best....
      Nov 12, 2006 09:11:07 pm
      In transfers:

Daniel Alves: How could you let a talent like this slip away so easily? We see how he played against Boro & more impressively against Barcelona last season.

In team Selection:

Mark Gonzalez: A gem of a player but as everyone knows... Mark is very very rusty at the moment.. his passing, pace & shooting is not the Mark Gonzalez for Real Socidad last season! Rafa needs to play him game after game otherwise how can he settle down after playin 60min match for the 3rd proper prem game he has played? I seen this player for "Real" and he was a completley different player!

Jermaine Pennant: We bought a RW so stevie could move into the middle and that we had players playin in their proper position.. again not enough games for him.

Steven Gerrard: Simple as.... play him in the middle. Sorry Rafa but Stevie is more important to the fans than you are!

Sami Hyypia: Too slow, ok had some good games latley but Agger had much better games so after injury recovery put him back in for Sami which is erm... now?

Steve Finnan: A bit slow and negative, had good season last season but he is average... Micar Richards or Alves would be a very positive replacement!

John Riise: Is not a LB end-off. A bit negative aswell, i say put Aurelio out more because he overlaps well and has very good control!

Peter Crouch: He is good but not top quality that should play for us!

Let me say this.... our most important player is Momo Sissoko without a doubt!
      Im sorry for Momo what happened and its gonna be very very bad for us we will miss him!

My Liverpool team

........................ .Reina
      ..Finnan......Carra..... ...Agger.....Aurelio
      .Pennant............Siss oko.........Gonzalez
      ........................ Gerrard
      ..................Kuyt.. ........Bellamy

And think about a new Rb and boy do we miss Michael Owen's pace & dribbles
      « Last Edit: Nov 12, 2006 09:17:09 pm by OhNo »
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Re: Liverpool can't settle for 2nd best....
      Reply #1: Nov 12, 2006 09:43:17 pm
      I don't think we can leave Alonso out.  I think the reds should play with wing backs.

3-5-2

Reina

Carra - Agger - Warnock

Pennant - Alonso - Sissoko - Gonzalez
      Gerrard

Kuyt - Bellamy

To be fair to Benitez, every time I have seen Gerrard in the middle this year (excluding Reading who are poor) he has looked ineffective and I DO prefer Alonso and Sissoko in that position.  BUt with Momo out it should have been SG in the middle.

As for Alves - it was just down to money.  Rafa wanted him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #2: Nov 12, 2006 09:58:07 pm
      Koolkidda you should know by now rafa's gonna stick with 442 but we do need new right back, finnan was f*cking s*ite today but what was rafa doing bringing off hyypia, it's alright banging on about sami not having enough pace but sami was one of our better players today and didn't deserve to be subbed
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #3: Nov 12, 2006 10:00:05 pm
      Koolkidda you should know by now rafa's gonna stick with 442 but we do need new right back, finnan was f*cking s*ite today but what was rafa doing bringing off hyypia, it's alright banging on about sami not having enough pace but sami was one of our better players today and didn't deserve to be subbed

Yeah he is a stubborn b***ard.  Just thinking 'outside the box'...

Shame about Finnan, thought he has been one of our better players this season too.  :-\
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Nov 12, 2006 11:25:37 pm
      Same old story isn't it...
      Arsenal away - never a nice fixture. But still we already know the score. Chelsea away resulted in a loss, United away resulted in a loss. And now, more recently... A loss to Arsenal away. We look like the strongest team in the premierleague at points and we crumble when it matters most! These are the games we really should be getting the points otherwise we will never challenge for the title. At the moment we have sh*te teams like Bolton and Everton leaping ahead of us! WHAT THE F**k HAS HAPPENED?
      We have not won one single game away this term, but scoring one... and only one goal away is overall, poor.
      But I only think of it this way. We are 4 points behind Bolton - who currently sit 4th. Even them tw*ts grabbed 3 points from us!
      And another thing, we've played all our tough fixtures away already... Look on the bright side. We have got coming up - Chelsea at home, Arsenal at home, United at home, Everton at home, Bolton at home...
      Untill then I hope we accually pick up the points and be ready. Cos' if we're not ready, we can look forward to either 4th position or even worse. And I know its one defeat after us playing soo well but that aint an excuse.
      We should be beating the biggest sides to establish our point.
      « Last Edit: Nov 12, 2006 11:28:27 pm by Court_LFC »

Quick Reply