Trending Topics

Next match: Arsenal v LFC [Friendly] Thu 1st Aug @ 12:30 am
      Lincoln Financial Field

Today is the 27th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W3 D4 L3

3 summer signings you see us making

Read 1057 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,418 posts | 2894 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      3 summer signings you see us making
      Jul 18, 2024 08:17:03 am
      Working in the realms of reality and just to make some interesting reading, what 3 signings do you see us making before the season starts

For me

1) Gonzalo Ignacio: I do believe centre back is the priority. Unlike many im not lising sleep over not overspending on an unproven 18 year old and predict well go and get this lad

2) Adrien Rabiot: Free, 29, creative and smart in movement. Instantly adds to thhe midfield, which  I think needs adding to

3) Joshua Kimmich: Replaces Thiago, who I think we missed badly last year. Can also drop in at right back should it be needed

Not saying we dont need attackers or full backs etc but I think cb and cm are priority and these 3 would instantly make us better
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,641 posts | 1824 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: 3 summer signings you see us making
      Reply #1: Jul 18, 2024 08:58:44 am
      Not a clue. I don't play FIFA and don't watch fitbaw unless it's Liverpool, Motherwell or Scotland. L o l

I'll take a new CB and new HMF, so long as they are gonna compete for starting place,not just squad.

I think we will need a new goalie as well when khlleher leaves.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,378 posts | 1680 
      Reply #2: Jul 18, 2024 07:38:37 pm
      Hard to say without knowing who's leaving . Holding midfielder for me a priority regardless and a another defender unless Sepp gets the nod but can't see him staying
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,582 posts | 297 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #3: Jul 18, 2024 09:29:44 pm
      Value for money signings, players we've been impressed with recently. Clubs/agents that aren't a pain to deal with and lastly players to fit Arne's high octane football.

1. Frimpong
      2. Ederson
      3. Bakayoko

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,687 posts | 2902 
      Reply #4: Jul 18, 2024 09:52:28 pm
      I think we only sign two unless there are some other exits (which there might well be considering we have changed manager).

I'd be happy with Ederson and Guehi.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,319 posts | 1242 
      Reply #5: Jul 19, 2024 12:13:08 am
      Boss has to judge what he's currently got. I'd be surprised to see us spend £60m+ on a CB if Slot feels like giving Van De Berg a chance, but if he's sold I could see us moving. Better to be well covered in that area given Konate's injury issues, Van Dijk's age and Quansah still learning.

Midfield I could see room for one youngish DM. The rest I see dependent on outgoings. Will we get a wildcard offer from the Saudis for one of our attacking players? Id love to us go for Nico Williams if we did but that seems unlikely. I'd like to think we still could do something on that level to really put us back in business though.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,746 posts | 3746 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #6: Jul 19, 2024 06:37:37 am
      Guehi and a new good midfielder.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,992 posts | 461 
      Reply #7: Jul 19, 2024 07:54:06 am
      Back up CB

END.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,582 posts | 297 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #8: Jul 19, 2024 09:15:16 am
      What if our new recruits (like new signings) are already here  >:D

1. Sepp
      2. Morton
      3. Carvalho

+ whoever will step up in pre-season and become this years Quansah.......Doak? Beck? Chambers?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,024 posts | 5058 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #9: Jul 19, 2024 01:14:50 pm
      Think it’s safe to assume Arne will have a idea of what he will require going on what he would have seen from last season, one or three have already departed so perhaps one or three could come in, we also have to consider those who didn’t feature at all last season and those who did and made a impression,

Stefan Bajcetic for example will feel like a new signing as too will Ben Doak, Tyler Morton is another we have to consider new unless Arne feels his position is already covered and if indeed he has a future here, Carvalho is another who could be given another opportunity, Sepp like Tyler has been loaned out 2/3 times now so it’s has to be decided whether either have a future or time to cash in,

I don’t think we need too much, but we do definitely need more steel in midfield, for me we are too lightweight, so for me I’d be going after McGinn from Villa, I think he’d be a brilliant signing, but i doubt Unai would want to lose him, however I think the mad f**ker would jump at the chance of joining us, another I like albeit a bit less of a mad Cnut is Barella, he would add a bit of finesse akin to what a fit Thiago had,

It’s all speculation and bullshit , it’s that time of year, so I guess like most im surmising and hoping for the ones I believe will make a difference,

The biggest Q for me is surrounding Trent, he has one year left of his current deal, so (a) do we offer a new deal, or (b) cash in, put a price on his head and demand not a penny less that £120m, of course, Trent may decide for himself what his next challenge is and want to stay loyal like Ste, or have a go elsewhere, he won’t as some Manc joker suggests F**k us over and go for free next season, no guessing as to who that was is there Keef 🤪🖕?

Me, I’m on the fence, I’d love him to stay for sure, however I would totally understand if he decided to ply his undoubted talents elsewhere, we have ample cover in Young Bradley & Ramsey, I think ultimately it will be Trent’s decision!!

Arne & Richard I’m sure will have had plenty of conversations regarding new faces, so I’m expecting a surprise or two, not long now before the big KO so the next few weeks will be interesting??

YNWA

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10: Jul 19, 2024 03:18:20 pm

The biggest Q for me is surrounding Trent, he has one year left of his current deal, so (a) do we offer a new deal, or (b) cash in, put a price on his head and demand not a penny less that £120m, of course, Trent may decide for himself what his next challenge is and want to stay loyal like Ste, or have a go elsewhere, he won’t as some Manc joker suggests F**k us over and go for free next season, no guessing as to who that was is there Keef 🤪🖕?

Me, I’m on the fence, I’d love him to stay for sure, however I would totally understand if he decided to ply his undoubted talents elsewhere, we have ample cover in Young Bradley & Ramsey, I think ultimately it will be Trent’s decision!!

Arne & Richard I’m sure will have had plenty of conversations regarding new faces, so I’m expecting a surprise or two, not long now before the big KO so the next few weeks will be interesting??

YNWA

I didn’t say Trent would fcuk you over but more like hoping. 😂😂😂 However, Liverpool shouldn’t have let his contract run down the way they have, it’s actually idiotic to do so for such a talented player. What this now means it gives Trent another option going forward. I’d be surprised if he did fcuk you over, but then I was surprised SG trying to buy load of your players and Hendo doing one. Yes we know Klopp said his game time will drop but still surprised given his ties with you lot.

It’s not like you to have splinters sticking out of your arse is it. 🤪🤪 I actually think your lagging in the market which is surprising as you lot normally get your targets earlier. Fingers crossed you don’t buy anyone.   :f_whistle:

🦥 already got his work cut out but like I said! replacing Klopp impossible looking at the managers currently available.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #11: Jul 19, 2024 03:40:36 pm

If there are no other younger CB's then maybe, but it won't be a big name as it is essentially back up to the other 3 plus Big Joe.

Kimmich, Ederson (depending on the Saudi offer) or Koopmeiners and I'll think we'll be fine.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,687 posts | 2902 
      Reply #12: Jul 19, 2024 03:57:11 pm

Why back up out of interest?

Quansah is young and needs time, Konate can't play 3 games in a week and Gomez is better at fullback.

Need someone who walks into the first XI IMO.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #13: Jul 20, 2024 12:53:57 pm
      Why back up out of interest?

Quansah is young and needs time, Konate can't play 3 games in a week and Gomez is better at fullback.

Need someone who walks into the first XI IMO.

Calafiori looking to be heading to Arsenal, so not going to be him!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,024 posts | 5058 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #14: Jul 20, 2024 02:15:06 pm
      I didn’t say Trent would fcuk you over but more like hoping. 😂😂😂 However, Liverpool shouldn’t have let his contract run down the way they have, it’s actually idiotic to do so for such a talented player. What this now means it gives Trent another option going forward. I’d be surprised if he did fcuk you over, but then I was surprised SG trying to buy load of your players and Hendo doing one. Yes we know Klopp said his game time will drop but still surprised given his ties with you lot.

It’s not like you to have splinters sticking out of your arse is it. 🤪🤪 I actually think your lagging in the market which is surprising as you lot normally get your targets earlier. Fingers crossed you don’t buy anyone.   :f_whistle:

🦥 already got his work cut out but like I said! replacing Klopp impossible looking at the managers currently available.

Are you having issues with yer Sphincter, I reckon yer poop chute has sprung a leak cos all the sh*te emanating from yer arse matches that from yer Manc fested gob, when has it become necessary for Liverpool to suddenly offer new contracts to our players when there is still plenty of time still for negotiations, within their current deals ?

How do you know that perhaps conversations haven’t already taken place by interested parties and a offer is imminent, are you too f***in thick to realise that maybe because of the Euro’s and the close season & holidays may have come between said offer being put on the table, or indeed that Trent may be weighing up his opinions,

And why are we lagging behind in the transfer market according to that Shitty gob of your’s, is it perhaps because not everyone is back from their respective holidays and maybe, just maybe Arne wants run the rule over every single member of his squad before acquiring acquisition’s or chasing down recognised targets ??

What I think is that your nit picking and hoping for a reaction, well, congratulations you pr**k, cos you’ve succeeded, can’t remember Eric splashing the cash when he took over you’re headless chickens mediocre outfit, do you ?

Like most of our transfer activities, we do it our way, and keep it out of the media spotlight as much as we can, so even as we type and you continuously spout you’re inane drivel we could be in negotiations to bring targets in,  you’re just assuming that we’re not and hopeful Trent Fucks us over and that Arne has the worst possible start , just so you can stick yer shitty oar in and give us a bit of grief, if that’s what floats yer boat yer scraping the bottom of the barrel, a sign of desperation in the knowledge perhaps that Arne will surpass Ten fags and will once again be languishing in the land of mediocrity??

Have Fun Fuckstick 🤣🤣🤣🤣🖕🖕🏿🖕🏾

YNWA
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,774 posts | 3954 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #15: Jul 21, 2024 07:59:01 pm
      Sign Ederson, sort out new contracts for Salah, Virgil and Trent, and let Slot and co work with the players before deciding on the other areas in January.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,346 posts | 1133 
      Reply #16: Jul 23, 2024 05:38:43 am
      Me and my oldest boy, Mugsy, were talking about this otw home today. He's 11 and this was his list.
      Dcm, CB, and a wide pkayer (if one leaves). When I pressed him for just one he said DCM Fofana from Monaco.

I think it will be one player we've had some insight into us liking (Ederson, Kubo, Inacio, the Brazilian CB from Forest, etc). And then it'll be someone we never even saw coming.

Like Mugsy, if I could only pick one position of need to fill, it would be a boss DCM.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,343 posts | 953 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press and F**k
      Reply #17: Jul 23, 2024 10:22:25 am
      Dont know about 3 summer signings we will be lucky to get one
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,582 posts | 297 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #18: Jul 23, 2024 10:49:10 am
      Dont know about 3 summer signings we will be lucky to get one

That's the spirit.  :lmao:

Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,656 posts | 2167 
      Reply #19: Jul 23, 2024 12:56:39 pm
      I don't know the market well enough to put up a bunch of names tbh. However, I do really like Kimmichand have done for many years. DCM is our biggest need imho so I would be made up if we could get a player of his calibre. He is more of a Xabi Alonso controller type of player than your sterotypical DCM bit a cracking player who would instantly improve us.

I also think we need another defender, ideally someone who can play LB and CB. Califiori would have been perfect. Robbo is still s great player but we are seeing more injuries now as he gets on in age.

Another forward (ideally someone who can play through the middle) would be nice. It could be a talented youngster who can watch, learn and play in the cup competitions. I guess we are waiting to see if Slot can bring the best out of Nunez. The lad can be incredible for a few games and then his form simply falls off a cliff. This is a make or break year for his LFC career. It would make sense to have an understudy waiting in the wings.

So much of course depends on how contract talks go with our Big 3.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,629 posts | 5034 
      Reply #20: Jul 23, 2024 03:01:48 pm
      I don't know the market well enough to put up a bunch of names tbh. However, I do really like Kimmichand have done for many years. DCM is our biggest need imho so I would be made up if we could get a player of his calibre. He is more of a Xabi Alonso controller type of player than your sterotypical DCM bit a cracking player who would instantly improve us.

I also think we need another defender, ideally someone who can play LB and CB. Califiori would have been perfect. Robbo is still s great player but we are seeing more injuries now as he gets on in age.

Another forward (ideally someone who can play through the middle) would be nice. It could be a talented youngster who can watch, learn and play in the cup competitions. I guess we are waiting to see if Slot can bring the best out of Nunez. The lad can be incredible for a few games and then his form simply falls off a cliff. This is a make or break year for his LFC career. It would make sense to have an understudy waiting in the wings.

So much of course depends on how contract talks go with our Big 3.

I think Kimmich would be a very good addition. Experienced versatile player to add to the squad is rarely a bad move
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,221 posts | 174 
      Reply #21: Jul 24, 2024 07:53:37 am
      Kimmich (2nd option being Rabiot), Gordon, a good CB (anyone the Scouting team finds would do for me, I trust them)/

Quick Reply