Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2760917 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,929 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #35144: Apr 11, 2024 07:13:18 pm
      14 quid increase for the cheapest season ticket.....14.

Skip Starbucks for a couple of days and you've covered it.

What if they can’t even afford Starbucks ?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,152 posts | 8541 
      Reply #35145: Apr 11, 2024 08:52:21 pm
      What if they can’t even afford Starbucks ?

As if you'd go into Starbucks anyway, overpriced sh*te!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,929 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #35146: Apr 11, 2024 08:54:27 pm
      As if you'd go into Starbucks anyway, overpriced sh*te!!

Yeah not the best, defo overpriced I agree. 😂
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,152 posts | 8541 
      Reply #35147: Apr 11, 2024 08:56:43 pm
      Please expand or do you just like to throw out passive aggressive super fan responses?

Oh nevermind, I know the answer to that.

Half your responses to the issue have been a bit dumb to be fair. That line about entertainment summed it up!!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,601 posts | 3840 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #35148: Apr 11, 2024 10:00:57 pm
      14 quid increase for the cheapest season ticket.....14.

Skip Starbucks for a couple of days and you've covered it.

Should be skipping Starbucks anyway
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,152 posts | 8541 
      Reply #35149: Apr 13, 2024 02:15:05 pm
      For those crying about the flags not being out on Thursday night in protest of the ticket prices raise, genuine question, do you not believe that them same flags should be out for the full 90 minutes, otherwise all the sh*t about them being influential, well that argument starts looking a bit shaky when you realise they only stay up for five mins before kick off.

The fact most European teams have them up throughout the game and we don't shows the flag argument within the ticket protest up for what it is - bullshit.

If they were so influential, some fans wouldn't cry about paying all that F***ing money and not being able to see cos of the flags!!

Basically typical selfish I'm alright Jack attitude typical of other parts of England, that have crept into our support over the last decade or so.

Just saying!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,152 posts | 8541 
      Reply #35150: Apr 13, 2024 04:27:41 pm

Also worth pointing out these increases started last season especially for those of us in 202/208 etc. I get the feeling it's a gradual increase. And this is the 205/305/206/306 blocks that have seen the increase. If so the communication from the club last season wasn't great as I was under the impression the increase was last season for everyone. Sneaky fuckers seem to be doing it gradually.

For instance my ticket increased from 685 to 699 for this season, for next season it stays at 699.

Those crying about the ticket increases seem to have forgot this as well.

sh*t show all round
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #35151: Apr 13, 2024 04:42:19 pm
      Sneaky fuckers seem to be doing it gradually.

The art of increasing prices is do it such that the customers are not even aware of it and will willingly pay. There can be more value thrown into the price increase such that customers will think the additional value they are getting is much more than the incremental price.

Talk about the art of doing business.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #35152: Apr 13, 2024 05:11:15 pm
      I’ve never even applied for a season ticket, on the grounds that I know I couldn’t make every home game, so that ticket would be better used by someone more local or available every game.
      I’ve always said all ticket prices were obscene, since the prem league began.
      I’d be interested to see how our season ticket prices compared to other clubs !
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,232 posts | 744 
      Reply #35153: Apr 13, 2024 05:16:04 pm
      For those crying about the flags not being out on Thursday night in protest of the ticket prices raise, genuine question, do you not believe that them same flags should be out for the full 90 minutes, otherwise all the sh*t about them being influential, well that argument starts looking a bit shaky when you realise they only stay up for five mins before kick off.

The fact most European teams have them up throughout the game and we don't shows the flag argument within the ticket protest up for what it is - bullshit.

If they were so influential, some fans wouldn't cry about paying all that F***ing money and not being able to see cos of the flags!!

Basically typical selfish I'm alright Jack attitude typical of other parts of England, that have crept into our support over the last decade or so.

Just saying!
      No one genuinely thinks flags/banners affects the result or the performance...They add to the atmosphere before the game, they're almost a part of our identity..an expression of who we are, especially on the Kop..nothing more, nothing less. I think you maybe seeing division where none exists.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,258 posts | 6365 
      Reply #35154: Apr 13, 2024 06:58:01 pm
      Also worth pointing out these increases started last season especially for those of us in 202/208 etc. I get the feeling it's a gradual increase. And this is the 205/305/206/306 blocks that have seen the increase. If so the communication from the club last season wasn't great as I was under the impression the increase was last season for everyone. Sneaky fuckers seem to be doing it gradually.

For instance my ticket increased from 685 to 699 for this season, for next season it stays at 699.

Those crying about the ticket increases seem to have forgot this as well.

sh*t show all round

So $699 gets you a seat for every home game?

Just trying to understand how the season ticketing works. So when people talk about a ticket membership that’s something different? Because I read the price of that may be going up for next season. Is that just something you need to try and buy a season ticket or to buy a single game ticket?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,152 posts | 8541 
      Reply #35155: Apr 14, 2024 11:40:29 am

Just trying to understand how the season ticketing works.

Just the league games, ticket price for the cup games gets taken as a direct debit payment if we get through cup games, they take the ticket money from.bank account when tickets go on sale.

The membership is what you have to buy to apply for what tickets are left over every league game, which are usually sold at start of July and then for 2nd half of season in November.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 731 posts | 112 
      Reply #35156: Apr 14, 2024 12:16:43 pm

I’ve kind of went full circle if you want, I’m on my own again which is absolutely f***in fantastic, but I couldn’t get a ticket for love nor money theses days even if I wanted, that fella from SoS is spot on though, the extra revenue coming in from the extension’s plus the CL money and tv deals should be sufficient enough for NOT to raise tick prices, owners need to get to grips with reality, Football is already too expensive for most, and they are on thin f***in ice if they are expecting fans, especially Liverpool fans to just roll over and be arse fu**ed by owners who can’t even be arsed to attend themselves!!!!

YNWA

I'm not really in agreement with the fans on this one - council tax in the city is going up by 5% and business rates are increasing 6.7% - the club doesn't exist in a bubble. 2% in each of the past two years following a freeze for a number of years is not an increase - it is way below all inflation measures, the club's own operating costs over that same period will have gone up way more than the prices charged to fans, so the club are doing exactly what you've said.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,202 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #35157: Apr 14, 2024 09:13:41 pm
      I have never hidden my dislike of FSG but I don’t think you can complain to much about a 2% price increse
      RedWilly

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Reply #35158: Apr 14, 2024 09:46:17 pm

Just trying to understand how the season ticketing works. So when people talk about a ticket membership that’s something different? Because I read the price of that may be going up for next season. Is that just something you need to try and buy a season ticket or to buy a single game ticket?

Best dedicating a whole weekend to understanding the complexities of the ticketing system and by the end you’ll be more baffled than when you started :D
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #35159: Apr 15, 2024 12:02:33 am
      I have never hidden my dislike of FSG but I don’t think you can complain to much about a 2% price increse

I would like to see how our ticket prices and % increases over the past few years compare to the rest of the league
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,152 posts | 8541 
      Reply #35160: Apr 15, 2024 10:29:23 pm

I would like to see how our ticket prices and % increases over the past few years compare to the rest of the league

But are you equating in "London Prices"

It's obviously a test of the water for the return of annual price increases.

The club don't need gate receipts to boost their revenue, it's pittance compared to commerical  and TV revenue.

They'll be heartened to see the fam going into bat for them and the argument that you're "lucky to be in the ground and I'd pay a fortune to be in your position" playing out.

Anyone who steps back and thinks about football though for a second though can see the whole thing is completely exploitative. A load of millionaires coining it in and working people struggling year on year to watch them do it in person.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,006 posts | 521 
      Reply #35161: Apr 17, 2024 05:44:25 pm
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68713522

Interesting article on the finances of EPL clubs.

Quick Reply