Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Official LFC Reds Knee Jerk Thread

Read 497441 times
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      The Official LFC Reds Knee Jerk Thread
      Jan 28, 2009 10:35:43 pm
      Another draw. Another bout of knee jerk reactions come out of the bag again.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm badly pissed off but I don't think for a second that getting rid of Benitez is the answer. The man has took us so far since he joined us and deserves a little more thought than simple and fickle calls for his head. The speed that some of our fans jump to when something goes wrong astounds me and shows just how much the fans have changed over the past few years. I wish that these reactions applied to when we do something right.

So I've decided to create a place for all your knees to jump about as much as you like. So the more level headed fans can pick your arguments to shreds and hopefully insert a little common sense into your feeble minds.

Happy moaning! :D
      « Last Edit: Jan 28, 2009 10:40:12 pm by JD, Reason: Angry face added! lol »
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: The Official LFCREDS Knee Jerk Thread
      Reply #1: Jan 28, 2009 10:38:16 pm
      Nice one, CRK! :D

For those unsure where to start, it goes a little like this:

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: The Official LFC Reds Knee Jerk Thread
      Reply #2: Jan 28, 2009 10:39:43 pm
      F***ing Rafa Benitez.

Get Houllier back I say.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #3: Jan 28, 2009 10:40:31 pm
      F***ing Rafa Benitez.

Get Houllier back I say.

:lmao:

Cracking example JD.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #4: Jan 28, 2009 10:40:50 pm
      F***ing Rafa Benitez.

Get Houllier back I say.

F**k Houllier I say.

Bring back Souness.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #5: Jan 28, 2009 10:41:04 pm
      Just offload Torres and Gerrard now whilst we can still get a lot of money for him to be honest.

And Lucas, don't get me started! He's obviously to blame for all of these draws.

;)
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #6: Jan 28, 2009 10:41:46 pm
      F**k Houllier I say.

Bring back Souness.

Nah, force retire Carragher now and select him as manager.
      IB
      • Prediction League Champion 2008/09
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 18 
      Reply #7: Jan 28, 2009 10:42:56 pm
      I think Lucas is the reason the Americans aren't leaving..
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #8: Jan 28, 2009 10:43:50 pm
      Anybody see Rick Parry in goal for the Liverpool legends a few weeks back.

He would have saved that penalty.

Reina is sh*te!

Parry IN!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #9: Jan 28, 2009 10:44:59 pm
      Where's that Traore fella?
      u1m81
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts | -1 
      Reply #10: Jan 28, 2009 10:46:12 pm
      Im going to support Man U from now on!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #11: Jan 28, 2009 10:47:15 pm

Steady on now. That's not even funny.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #12: Jan 28, 2009 10:47:58 pm
      Wowa, line crossed there man. Next you'll be saying get Fergie in.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #13: Jan 28, 2009 10:51:22 pm
      Lucas has been playing well. New contract?

;)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #14: Jan 28, 2009 10:51:23 pm

Excuse me?
      u1m81
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts | -1 
      Reply #15: Jan 28, 2009 10:57:05 pm
      ;D, so there is a line.!!!!!!

nah, would never dream of it..... for clarification , LFC till i die.!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #16: Jan 28, 2009 10:57:14 pm
      The man has took us so far since he joined

How far though? Lets be honest he took over when we were a top four side and currently we're still a top four side. People (myself included) started talking up our title chances after wins over United and Chelsea and then when we finally claimed top but we're now hitting the wall. We don't look like champions at the moment and in my opinion it doesn't take five years and god knows how much dosh to get Liverpool Football Club in the top four. Anybody could do that in my opinion. I will point out here and now I'm not calling for his head at this moment as I don't think it'll do much use this far into the season. However I've said since the summer if we don't win the league this year, then I'd like to see him gone. For the reason it doesn't take you five years to get Liverpool second.

No doubt somebody'll talk about how far we've come in Europe and how we have a better squad now than we did under Houllier, so to save you the time and effort I agree. We are again one of the most feared sides in Europe with some of the world's best players but even with all that we're still only a top four side, looking at the cup competitions as our hope of success.

We're still dull, most of the time, to watch as we were under Houllier. We still rely heavily on Gerrard, as we did under Houllier. We still only have one goalscoring forward (Torres), as we did for the majority of Houllier's time (Owen). We're still difficult to beat as we were under Houllier for most of his reign. We're still to mount and sustain a real title challenge (hopefully to end this season) like we were under Houllier. We've not moved on in great leaps and bounds since Houllier. Since Houllier's final year we have, granted, because that was a shambles to watch. But in my opinion we're only at the stage Houllier was between 00-02 right now. Houllier took us back in his final two years and Benitez has built us into a side that will finish in the top four like we were under Houllier in those years. That's why it looks like we've moved on to a new level because of from where we were, but if Benitez inherited the side from 2002, I think we'd be a standstill.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #17: Jan 28, 2009 11:00:19 pm
      Bring back kewell
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #18: Jan 28, 2009 11:04:02 pm
      DLS.  No time for sensible analysis in this thread.

And back to it...

Time to get rid of Gerrard.  Clearly got his eyes on a move to Man City.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #19: Jan 28, 2009 11:05:31 pm
      Lets buy ameobi
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #20: Jan 28, 2009 11:13:38 pm
      How far though? Lets be honest he took over when we were a top four side and currently we're still a top four side. People (myself included) started talking up our title chances after wins over United and Chelsea and then when we finally claimed top but we're now hitting the wall. We don't look like champions at the moment and in my opinion it doesn't take five years and god knows how much dosh to get Liverpool Football Club in the top four. Anybody could do that in my opinion. I will point out here and now I'm not calling for his head at this moment as I don't think it'll do much use this far into the season. However I've said since the summer if we don't win the league this year, then I'd like to see him gone. For the reason it doesn't take you five years to get Liverpool second.

No doubt somebody'll talk about how far we've come in Europe and how we have a better squad now than we did under Houllier, so to save you the time and effort I agree. We are again one of the most feared sides in Europe with some of the world's best players but even with all that we're still only a top four side, looking at the cup competitions as our hope of success.

We're still dull, most of the time, to watch as we were under Houllier. We still rely heavily on Gerrard, as we did under Houllier. We still only have one goalscoring forward (Torres), as we did for the majority of Houllier's time (Owen). We're still difficult to beat as we were under Houllier for most of his reign. We're still to mount and sustain a real title challenge (hopefully to end this season) like we were under Houllier. We've not moved on in great leaps and bounds since Houllier. Since Houllier's final year we have, granted, because that was a shambles to watch. But in my opinion we're only at the stage Houllier was between 00-02 right now. Houllier took us back in his final two years and Benitez has built us into a side that will finish in the top four like we were under Houllier in those years. That's why it looks like we've moved on to a new level because of from where we were, but if Benitez inherited the side from 2002, I think we'd be a standstill.

Cracking post.

You've made the points everyone, including myself, would have made regarding Europe so we'll leave that there! ;)

League wise, our progress is always subject to the teams around us. In many respects we have improved vastly, yet if other teams improve more then we've technically gone no further. Benitez's second season would have won us the league most years. This season seems to be going in a pretty strange direction too. We're dropping points and teams that aren't usually up there are up with us and vice versa. We've won some fantastic games yet drew the daft ones and we're still in with a shout. All of this with the added pressure of increased uncertainty back stage.

This season can't be dismissed just yet though. We're in our rut, and hopefully the way out is on Sunday. If our almost clockwork second half of the season run of form kicks in as soon as possible then we may be having an entirely different debate come May. Fingers crossed.

On topic however! ;)

Bring Biscan back! :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #21: Jan 28, 2009 11:17:58 pm
      Lucas Leiva is clearly a real danger inside the penalty box.

Play him up front Rafa!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #22: Jan 28, 2009 11:26:51 pm
      Put keane in goals and drop gerrard for gods sake he is utter sh*te

Quick Reply