Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Official LFC Reds Knee Jerk Thread

Read 497456 times
      Ally
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Re: The Official LFC Reds Knee Jerk Thread
      Reply #23: Jan 28, 2009 11:33:20 pm
      Jürgen Klinsmann would've answered our prayers..
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #24: Jan 29, 2009 12:13:09 am
      No wonder the Yanks want to put Parry in charge of transfers.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #25: Jan 29, 2009 12:30:51 am
      I want some steel and glamour back at Anfield.
      Dump Masch and Alonso for Savage and Andy Reid.
      Torres?! Useless...give me some Ian Ormondroyd or Dalian Atkinson please.
      Reina? Butter fingers! Only Richard Wright with his mighty frame can secure up our goal.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #26: Jan 29, 2009 12:34:11 am
      Torres?! Useless...give me some Ian Ormondroyd or Dalian Atkinson please.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #27: Jan 29, 2009 12:38:11 am
      You are right redkenny....I'm an idiot....Would prefer me a bit of Amokachi...what a great player he was for the blue noses....green with envy!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #28: Jan 29, 2009 12:40:23 am
      Get John Aldridge and Ian St John off local radio and back on that pitch.

Torres and Keane can do the commentary.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #29: Jan 29, 2009 12:49:02 am
      You say that but Norwich's european exploits of the 90's should be prrof enough that Bryan Gunn should get out the gloves and Robert Fleck should be told to put down his pints and get to melwood sharpish.
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #30: Jan 29, 2009 01:18:10 am
      there again, there are some of us who have never been entirely convinced by senor benitez right from the start so, if we now suggest that he is struggling or whatever, it is NOT knee-jerk it is just confirming our earlier reservations.

i'm not yet saying "Rafa out" but anyone who still thinks he is a tactical genius is seriously deluding theirself.
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #31: Jan 29, 2009 01:46:31 am
      How far though? Lets be honest he took over when we were a top four side and currently we're still a top four side. People (myself included) started talking up our title chances after wins over United and Chelsea and then when we finally claimed top but we're now hitting the wall. We don't look like champions at the moment and in my opinion it doesn't take five years and god knows how much dosh to get Liverpool Football Club in the top four. Anybody could do that in my opinion. I will point out here and now I'm not calling for his head at this moment as I don't think it'll do much use this far into the season. However I've said since the summer if we don't win the league this year, then I'd like to see him gone. For the reason it doesn't take you five years to get Liverpool second.

No doubt somebody'll talk about how far we've come in Europe and how we have a better squad now than we did under Houllier, so to save you the time and effort I agree. We are again one of the most feared sides in Europe with some of the world's best players but even with all that we're still only a top four side, looking at the cup competitions as our hope of success.

We're still dull, most of the time, to watch as we were under Houllier. We still rely heavily on Gerrard, as we did under Houllier. We still only have one goalscoring forward (Torres), as we did for the majority of Houllier's time (Owen). We're still difficult to beat as we were under Houllier for most of his reign. We're still to mount and sustain a real title challenge (hopefully to end this season) like we were under Houllier. We've not moved on in great leaps and bounds since Houllier. Since Houllier's final year we have, granted, because that was a shambles to watch. But in my opinion we're only at the stage Houllier was between 00-02 right now. Houllier took us back in his final two years and Benitez has built us into a side that will finish in the top four like we were under Houllier in those years. That's why it looks like we've moved on to a new level because of from where we were, but if Benitez inherited the side from 2002, I think we'd be a standstill.

good points.

I just hate the way our attack has looked so clueless at times under the current manager. and that our game is based on a good defence and 'har work' & 'high tempo'. Science over artistry, I know this is Rafa's way and it's brought success to a point, in europe for sure.

I've seen glimpes of great attacking play the past 5 years(the football I was brought up watching) , buts that all they seem to amount to is glimpes. I think Rafa could just of done himself a favour and brought in one or two top quality players with good vision and a bit of magic in their feet. The same way Houllier should of had a player of this type. It's crazy we still rely on Gerrard to be the main and at times only creator in the final third, after all this time.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #32: Jan 29, 2009 04:33:50 am
      Lucas Leiva is clearly a real danger inside the penalty box.

Play him up front Rafa!
      :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #33: Jan 29, 2009 04:54:37 am
      So F***ing pissed off letting teams like Stoke/Everton/West Ham leave with a smile on their faces when we dont put them to the shredders.

Rafa, i love you but seriously, if you really did take off Torres and Stevie today like i read then go home and get a good working over from Montse.
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #34: Jan 29, 2009 06:11:00 am
      Yeah he did take them off thinking as usual that 1-0 is enough. Before that when the team was announced I was already thinking WTF I mean Alonso and Riera both not starting that is crazy watching last week when Riera replaced Babel he looks leaps and bounds better than Babel does on the wing. The only positive change was to replace Kuyt with Yossi. I really do not understand the F***ing point of this rotation bull sh*t and constant need to tinker and F**k about with the team it just creates unease and lack of confidence. Chelsea next, who knows what the F**k will happen.
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts |
      • With hope in your heart...
      Reply #35: Jan 29, 2009 07:40:01 am
      There goes the Premiership... and the FA Cup...and Number 6...

F**k!!!!!!!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #36: Jan 29, 2009 08:28:15 am
      I think some of the players have a mental block when playing for us, we see the same players before we buy them and you think he'll be a really good acquisition and yet they put on a red shirt and look like they are out of their depth. I am talking of Keane22mill, Babel 11mill, Dosena 8mill, Kuyt bought as a striker 11mill, Pennant 6mill, Benayoun ? 7mill.

This is the time of year you have to step up a gear and out of all the teams around us we are the only one's that look to be having trouble stepping up a gear, the longer this goes on the harder it becomes for us, look back 6 weeks ago and we were 8 points clear of the mancs with even their extra game not doing them any good but now we are two points behind having played a game more and at the same time we are sinking downward....
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #37: Jan 29, 2009 08:31:21 am
      We should give Lucas and Babel a start against Chelsea. Our top players aren't performing.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #38: Jan 29, 2009 08:48:34 am
      We should give Lucas and Babel a start against Chelsea. Our top players aren't performing.
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #39: Jan 29, 2009 08:54:29 am
      Aurelio must take all free kicks even when Gerrard is on the pitch...how the hell did Gerrard only narrowly miss from 50 yards?!?  Aurelio would easily have scored that proved by his other amazing free kicks.  Take a step back Stevie and Fabs will show you how its done.  You cost us three points last night.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #40: Jan 29, 2009 08:57:33 am
      I think Lucas should be our captain. Stevie's getting old.
      and bring back Traore, kromkamp, nunez and voronin!
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #41: Jan 29, 2009 09:06:56 am
      I think Lucas should be our captain. Stevie's getting old.
      and bring back Traore, kromkamp, nunez and voronin!
      remove Gerrard from captaincy???  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #42: Jan 29, 2009 10:41:12 am
      Sometimes I get the feeling that Klinsmann might of been the man for LFC ?

:f_tongueincheek:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #43: Jan 29, 2009 10:43:03 am

No need for those in this thread!

Anyway...

Last night was terrible.  The sooner Gerrard gets sent down the better.
      taffy torres
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #44: Jan 29, 2009 10:51:13 am
      i am losing Patience with Rafa, i find it so frustrating when he tinkers with the side. i say give him till the end of the season and if we don't win nothing we should replace him with martin O'Neill, just look at how well he is doing at villa.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #45: Jan 29, 2009 10:52:26 am
      We need unity if we're going to advance!

Give 100% control of the club to Hicks, kick out Rafa and let him put a yes man in charge. It's the way forward!

- Hang on, I think the spirit of Sckinny just took control of my fingers!  :f_whistle:

Quick Reply