Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The managers hat????

Read 1311 times
      spot
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 22 posts |
      The managers hat????
      Nov 13, 2006 02:13:08 am
      I have been in the office being hammered by two arsenal fans all damn morning, so im not in the best of moods today. But they did make 1 good point in the banter. Why did liverpool spend 30 million on 4 sh*t players, 1 ok player and 1 good player(kuyt), when they should have paid 30 mil for 2-3 absolute qualuty players such as Alves or mabe even Damien duff (heaps better than pennant). In the case of Arsenal(which hurts me to say), they seem to get good youth players and smart buys such as Rosicky and Baptisa (unlucky with injury).

Anyway to the point, if we had our 30 million to spend now who would u go after and why, 3 players max!

Also where are we at with Cisse, are we selling him in the upcoming window or will he remain on loan, i heard that he might go to Lyon for 13 million....
      Rushie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 255 posts | -3 
      Re: The managers hat????
      Reply #1: Nov 13, 2006 08:33:51 am
      You would imagine Cisse will stay on loan till the end of the season.

Alves we should have got, and Pennant was overpriced.  We all said it at the time.

Bellamy probably was a decent price - he just needs to find his form.
      Davejh65
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #2: Nov 13, 2006 09:49:02 am
      Gonzalez & Pennant both look light weight, although Pennant did go past players and get a cross in when he came on.  Gonzo looks like he's got the kick & run tactic and not much more. 
      We missed Momo loads, with his tackling and breaking up of play, thought Gerrard should have played that position with Pennant or Belamy on the right, (now he would beat players and get into the box)
      In the second half their full backs took the P**s, our midfield looked overun,  Henry didn't get much of a kick but they didn't really need him did they!

Very poor performance in the second half, its down to the cups again!

DH
      mingles
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      • GOD, THE NATION AND LIVERPOOL
      Reply #3: Nov 13, 2006 10:19:18 am
      I really think our recruitment for this season has not yielded enough positive results.Its very painful to lose to the top 3, and it looks like we are not good enough to challenge for the premiership.I watched the game with numerous Arsenal fans and the ''you are not good enough'' point was consistently being spoken to me''.I think rafa's tactics did not help much.

if u play crouch(6'7) in attack, it is only logical to provide him with width.Gerrard struggled to do that.Pennant shld. have been thrown on and steve put in the middle.Gonzo is just a runner and his form in Sociedad is not showing in the premiership.We shld reconsider of-loading Cisse cos despite a few lge appearances he scored 19.Now another prospect Pongolle has picked up form and has got 4 goals so far for Recrealtivo Huelva in Spain.
      Rafa shld do better or else shld consider the Italian job.[/b]
      wdavidw10
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #4: Nov 13, 2006 02:44:20 pm
      the same spot, ive had the sh*t taken out off all day long, well mayb rafa should of brought different players, but i guess he went for players who he can aford to pay, ok pennant to much money, but i think he has alot to prove still.

Mayb rafa should think about keeping cisse weather up front or on the wing coz i think he palyed well last season just isnt in rafas books
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #5: Nov 13, 2006 05:35:20 pm
      I think we shud keep cisse, ok leave him on loan for the season and may be he mite become a beter player and leave his attitdude in france.we need to change things in away matches first thing. home form, i carnt see no one beating us this season at the home of fotball (Anfield).  we got the players to beat teams like arsenal and the manks hands down at there ground no probs so my question is why carnt we?
      lfc kid
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts | -1 
      Reply #6: Nov 13, 2006 06:52:10 pm
      alves 10 mil

kuyt 10 mil

duff 5 mil

thats who i would have bought
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #7: Nov 15, 2006 04:49:49 pm
      Cisse should defo come back, with his pace and kuyts inteligience it would be an awesome partnership, his goal record says it all. But Rafa is a very stubborn man (or so i believe!) so i think he would only bring him back if we suffered an injury crisis up front.
      j.leslie8
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #8: Nov 16, 2006 08:26:15 am
      I think we shouldnt decided until december 31st as it takes players 6 months to adjust to a league before declaring them sh*te.  look at speedy he played in spain before having an amazing season at depor.  bellemy had a year at blackburn to play fantastic footy.  Agger had six months before comming around.  Pennant had two years at brum before having a great season last season, i think we should give our players a little bit of time

Quick Reply