Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Over rated players! Your View!

Read 2562 times
      LFC ):
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 20 posts |
      Over rated players! Your View!
      Nov 13, 2006 07:32:56 pm
      Who you think? for me, Zenden,its rather stupid dat a player of his low quality is keeping gezza from cm(were he is far more effective) Even though in recent games bolo has played quite well!

any other players you'd like to mention? should be quite interessting on your opinion?

I also think Bellemy is 1 to consider aswell
      god
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Re: Over rated players! Your View!
      Reply #1: Nov 13, 2006 07:57:18 pm
      totally agree with you on zenden how many miss placed pass s can one man do  think bell needs time but we say that about all them strikers we get that dont make grade ::)
      LFC ):
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 20 posts |
      Reply #2: Nov 13, 2006 07:59:36 pm
      cheers bud! I think da best signing in a long while looks to be kuyt! I think finnan has been one of the most successful and not got da plaudits
       :)
      Kernow-Kop
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 80 posts |
      Reply #3: Nov 13, 2006 08:06:56 pm
      i agree with zenden,even though he was quite a good player in his day,its just not there anymore and theres better players out there that should be in his liverpool shirt,does anyone agree with me when i say that i think he was brought in to be the next macalister for the team (and what a great job he done for the club and helping to bring on the younger/less experienced players at the club,thankyou macalister! }
      garcia,although i like him,he just aint consistant enough and loses the ball to often(which has been said before on this site)
      LFC ):
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 20 posts |
      Reply #4: Nov 13, 2006 08:25:05 pm
      Anyone got any opinion on Finnan I think 4 da last 2 season's he has been one of our better players sits quitly on da right and hardly gets noticed I think he deserves some recignition! Great player!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #5: Nov 13, 2006 08:37:18 pm
      Finnan defo is VERY underated our most overated player for me has to be Pennat and Zenden.
      LFC ):
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 20 posts |
      Reply #6: Nov 13, 2006 08:41:06 pm
      I think pennant will find form if given the chance rafa rotates so much u can't get to turms with whos da best winger. Which i do believe on his day could be kewell and mark gonzarlez evven tho i have been very unimpressed with gonzarlez's effort thinks he can beat every 1 with his pace and as he found out yesterday with Eboue Toure and gallas that its not always true . You have to get the ball down and play from time 2 time but we shall see
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #7: Nov 13, 2006 08:54:58 pm
      Over rated ?  Pennant and Bellamy  - have seen nothing to convince me otherwise.. ::)

Under rated ?  Finnan - does an excellent job at the back.  ;D
      giddy76
      • Forum John Toshack

• 263 posts |
      Reply #8: Nov 14, 2006 09:12:02 am
      I think Bellamy has proved to be over-rated so far this season... he is a striker right? Zenden's another one, what the hell was Rafa doing putting him in the middle instead of on the wing Sunday?

I think Finnan is definately under-rated... people seem to be giving Carra his props at last but Finnan barely gets a mention, except by anyone associated with the Reds. Including past and present players.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #9: Nov 14, 2006 01:49:00 pm
      Overrated - sorry but at the minute it's looking like Gonzalez.  I can't include Pennant because nobody rated him in the first place.  Reina is looking very dodgy.  I would have a good mind to give Dudek some games.  He may have more authority and add some confidence to the centre-halves - just a thought. 

Not blaming Reina for all the goals but he is getting used to picking the ball out the net.

Underrated - Steven Gerrard as a central midfielder!  :o
      OhNo
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #10: Nov 14, 2006 02:08:05 pm
      I don't blame Gonzalez, he looked dangerous in the La Liga but he looks useless in the Prem thanks to Rafa Benitez not giving him hardly any games at all.

We know Gonzalez has lightning pace - slowed down now thanks to Rafa not playin him often
      We Know Gonzalez can shoot well - Gettin scruffy now thanks to Rafa
      We know Gonzalez can take players on with close control - Lost confidence in that and doing other things wrong yet again thanks to Rafa

Jermaine Pennant - Not enough games so his touch is sloppy at times thanks to erm... Rafa
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #11: Nov 14, 2006 07:11:35 pm
      I don't blame Gonzalez, he looked dangerous in the La Liga but he looks useless in the Prem thanks to Rafa Benitez not giving him hardly any games at all.

We know Gonzalez has lightning pace - slowed down now thanks to Rafa not playin him often
      We know Gonzalez can take players on with close control - Lost confidence in that and doing other things wrong yet again thanks to Rafa

Jermaine Pennant - Not enough games so his touch is sloppy at times thanks to erm... Rafa

And the boss is erm......Rafa !   Get off his back !  i bet you were walking around liverpool City Centre when they brought the European Cup home...say no more.  Everyone makes mistakes and Rafa can be pigheaded when he wants - the obvious reason being not playing Stevie in the centre, i'm sure it will come good, unfortunately no Prem title this season but we got a good shout at all the rest of the silverware, support your manager and give him a break  ::)     
      LFC ):
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 20 posts |
      Reply #12: Nov 14, 2006 08:45:15 pm
      Well siad but, he promised to deliver
      wdavidw10
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #13: Nov 14, 2006 08:51:01 pm
      yeah well said, mark gonzalez has alot to learn he has played well but he is young and has to get used to english football
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #14: Nov 14, 2006 09:40:13 pm

Do you even support Liverpool??  >:(
      OhNo
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #15: Nov 14, 2006 10:00:22 pm
      yes, every fan has negative views and i show em! at least i aint chelsea scum who dont bother givin their team support even when they were winnin 4 - 0

Watford fans were singing "four nil, and you still dont sing"
      j.leslie8
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #16: Nov 15, 2006 06:05:48 am
      I think that the most overated player in pool is Zenden. He has played so many games in the middle of the park this season and has not dilivered in one of them.  The first goal conceded against arsenal was totally his fault!!  He forgot to track back on Fabregas and that caused fabregas to be able to get through and play the ball through the middle.
      Another player this season that has been over rated is pennant, yes he has his moments, but he seems extremely out of depth in the liverpool squad, by tracking back only when he loses the ball, and his crosses have not been the quality that we have expected.
      Gonzales is another player who has really dissapointed, first he dribbles to no where and barely beates his maker.  Also he seems to never like to pass, and when he does cross it is to short or too long.
      23jeffries23
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #17: Nov 15, 2006 08:28:03 pm
      i agree zenden he is an awful player!!!! what i dont understand is chelsea got rid of him to on loan to middlesborough then when his loan finished chelsea released him on a free!!!!!! if he was a good polayer he would prob still be at chelsea scum!!!!

Quick Reply