Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Calling for Rafa, Keane and other players heads!

Read 1987 times
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Calling for Rafa, Keane and other players heads!
      Jan 29, 2009 05:59:03 pm
      Been reading some really negative posts on here and some awful garbage in the media recently, people wanting Rafa sacked, people slating Keane big time. At the start of the season how many of us would of thought that we would be in the title race by January? OK... some bad results of late, with all theses silly draws, but we are still up there fighting for top spot. And no way am i going to give up. I'm going to carry on giving my support for all the players wearing a red shirt. And also to Rafa.

Look up the word "supporter" in the dictionary please.

SUPPORTER
      1.    a person or thing that supports.
      2.    an adherent, follower, backer, or advocate.
      3.    a device, usually of elastic cotton webbing, for supporting some part of the body, esp. a jockstrap

Forget number 3, just the first 2 is what we all should be doing.

OK, Rafa drives us insane with his subs, and team selection. Keane is not doing the business, Lucas is crap. But ill still support them while they are part of our club.

Rant over  :)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Calling for Rafa, Keane and other players heads!
      Reply #1: Jan 29, 2009 06:38:32 pm
      Been reading some really negative posts on here and some awful garbage in the media recently, people wanting Rafa sacked, people slating Keane big time. At the start of the season how many of us would of thought that we would be in the title race by January? OK... some bad results of late, with all theses silly draws, but we are still up there fighting for top spot. And no way am I going to give up. I'm going to carry on giving my support for all the players wearing a red shirt. And also to Rafa.

Look up the word "supporter" in the dictionary please.

SUPPORTER
      1.    a person or thing that supports.
      2.    an adherent, follower, backer, or advocate.
      3.    a device, usually of elastic cotton webbing, for supporting some part of the body, esp. a jockstrap

Forget number 3, just the first 2 is what we all should be doing.

OK, Rafa drives us insane with his subs, and team selection. Keane is not doing the business, Lucas is crap. But ill still support them while they are part of our club.

Rant over  :)

I agree mate. But Rafa's substitutions, no matter how bizarre, are only brought into question when something fucks up.

Gets on my nerves the way that all the ones who slag the team and the manager off are quiet as mice when we're top and going well. They are the fans who need to take a look at themselves and question their credability as supporters.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #2: Jan 29, 2009 07:16:10 pm
      Know what yer mean mate.Suppose everyone is entitled to an opinion and if we all said the same things the forum would'ny be as good as it is eh?So whith that said yeh its most annoying to hear the negativity of some. They could be supporting a team in the relegation zone.What would their posts be like then (I dread to think ).So lets get behind Rafa  and the team FFS.

:kop5cf8koxp6:                 YNWA                   :kop5cf8koxp6:
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #3: Jan 29, 2009 07:19:42 pm
      Know what yer mean mate.Suppose everyone is entitled to an opinion and if we all said the same things the forum would'ny be as good as it is eh?So whith that said yeh its most annoying to hear the negativity of some. They could be supporting a team in the relegation zone.What would their posts be like then (I dread to think ).So lets get behind Rafa  and the team FFS.

:kop5cf8koxp6:                 YNWA                   :kop5cf8koxp6:

You are right, everyone is entitled to an opinion. It's just the lack of support for a team in need at the moment, which made me post what i said above.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #4: Jan 29, 2009 07:29:29 pm
      i agree to mate but how long will we give rafa to bring home the premiership, because the way its going it wont be this season, it will be going into his sixth year here then.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #5: Jan 29, 2009 07:37:02 pm
      I agree to mate but how long will we give Rafa to bring home the premiership, because the way its going it wont be this season, it will be going into his sixth year here then.

For me, I want to give Rafa as long as he needs. I feel he can deliver the title to Liverpool. If it ain't this season, then at least we know next season we'll be even stronger and fight harder. I am just happy to be this close in a title fight in January, and not fighting for 4th spot. As we have done quite alot. Rafa needs time to build a team capable of winning the title. And he is nearly there!!!!
      waclander
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Reply #6: Jan 29, 2009 07:44:47 pm
      I agree mate. But Rafa's substitutions, no matter how bizarre, are only brought into question when something fucks up.

Gets on my nerves the way that all the ones who slag the team and the manager off are quiet as mice when we're top and going well. They are the fans who need to take a look at themselves and question their credability as supporters.
      Agree with both of you but no one in their right mind is going to complain when everything is going well (well maybe about small niggly things ) because they would get torn to pieces i'm sure everyone is disappointed lately but we have to try remain positive
      i got a bit of stick when i start posting after the stoke game but i said i'd keep on posting no matter how good or bad the result and i have and will.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #7: Jan 29, 2009 07:46:29 pm
      maybe we are better this season than last but im not sure, we are four points less better off with eleven goals less scored, our performances have being poor to watch bar a couple of noticeably exceptions ie newcastle chelsea and utd, we are not in the title race yet its only january wait and see where we are at the end of march,none of his signings in the summer have worked out barring maybe reira. last season we looked very strong after christmas and were brushing teams outside from what i remember from january on we had a better record than utd, to be honest the juries out on the whether we have progressed this season
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #8: Jan 29, 2009 07:48:19 pm
      maybe we are better this season than last but im not sure, we are four points less better off with eleven goals less scored, our performances have being poor to watch bar a couple of noticeably exceptions ie newcastle chelsea and utd, we are not in the title race yet its only january wait and see where we are at the end of march,none of his signings in the summer have worked out barring maybe reira. last season we looked very strong after christmas and were brushing teams outside from what i remember from january on we had a better record than utd, to be honest the juries out on the whether we have progressed this season

Go and look at the results comparison, then come back and say all of that again with a straight face.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #9: Jan 29, 2009 07:58:14 pm
      il come back to you in april or may, im not calling for rafas head, just think we seriously need to improve we were very lucky earlier in the season when we got a number of late goals to save us in games against teams like middlesborough and wigan at anfield. the improvement this season is against the top teams not the so called weaker teams
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #10: Jan 29, 2009 08:00:23 pm
      Go and look at the results comparison, then come back and say all of that again with a straight face.

Fair point he had Res.  Team v Team we are down on last season. We've got a difficult run in now we're we didn't pick up many points last season, and so far we are not rising to the challenge.  In terms of results we haven't made huge strides this season (so far).
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #11: Jan 29, 2009 08:00:34 pm
      Agree with both of you but no one in their right mind is going to complain when everything is going well (well maybe about small niggly things ) because they would get torn to pieces I'm sure everyone is disappointed lately but we have to try remain positive
      I got a bit of stick when I start posting after the stoke game but I said I'd keep on posting no matter how good or bad the result and I have and will.

:D

Sorry mate, you misunderstand. Not come out and moan when we're playing well. Come out and praise us. They only come out of the woodwork when we're in a rut and they're nowhere to be seen when we're flying.

I'd be even more f*cked off if they came out and moaned when we were top! ;)
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #12: Jan 29, 2009 08:04:44 pm
      maybe we are better this season than last but I'm not sure, we are four points less better off with eleven goals less scored, our performances have being poor to watch bar a couple of noticeably exceptions ie newcastle chelsea and utd, we are not in the title race yet its only january wait and see where we are at the end of march,none of his signings in the summer have worked out barring maybe reira. last season we looked very strong after christmas and were brushing teams outside from what I remember from january on we had a better record than utd, to be honest the juries out on the whether we have progressed this season

All managers make bad signings. Anyway.... If we are not in a title race, then what the hell have we been doing. Because from what I have been watching, we have been near enough top for alot of the season fighting of other teams like Man U and Chelsea. A title race starts from the moment a season begins.
      waclander
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Reply #13: Jan 30, 2009 09:11:38 am
      :D

Sorry mate, you misunderstand. Not come out and moan when we're playing well. Come out and praise us. They only come out of the woodwork when we're in a rut and they're nowhere to be seen when we're flying.

I'd be even more f*cked off if they came out and moaned when we were top! ;)
      Sorry my bad maybe their afraid to jinx us,hopefully there's plenty to praise when we beat the chav's :kop5cf8koxp6:
      and this forum will be nothing but positive posts (well nearly there's always one ;D) unfortuantely i haven't been posting long enough to see the forum after a win.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #14: Jan 30, 2009 09:36:48 am
      All this bashing on managers, players and stuff only appear when we don't win. When we are on a winning run, no one says anything. It has been so many months since I've heard of 'Rafa's rotation policy' because we were top/joint top of the league for a long time.

So all the fans should get behind the manager and the team and keep all these critics quiet and work towards number 19. Remember, the scums are on 17 now and are above us in the league table!
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #15: Jan 30, 2009 09:45:03 am
      We all support liverpool, but fact is its the way that we are playing that gets on the supporters' nerves. It looks as though we do not give 100% in every match and we have a mentality that there is still time to go. Well I say whack from the 1st minute, whack for every ball. But we are not doing so we have a mindset that we will always win. We do not have an istanbul mindset whereby we believe in ourselves and this is what disappoints me the most. Rafa is also to blame for poor team selections etc, but ultimately he knows that a team he puts in is strong enough to win and ultimately its the players on the field who determine the final result, not rafa.

Quick Reply