Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Can We do The double

The Double--FA CUp + League Trophy
      1 (8.3%)
      Only League
      0 (0%)
      Only FA Cup
      11 (91.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: Apr 04, 2006 07:08:07 am

Can We Do The Double??? Vote

Read 4633 times
      jleslie8
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 5 posts |
      Apr 04, 2006 07:08:07 am
      How Many of you all think we can do the double or only the FA CUP or Priemership??
      giddy76
      • Forum John Toshack

• 263 posts |
      Don't see it!
      Reply #1: Apr 04, 2006 08:52:32 am
      We're trailing the lead of the Premiership by 12 points, so in order to win that we'd have to win our remaining 5 games and hope United and the Blue Scum dropped all their points for their next 6 games.
      I don't think it's possible to win the PL this year... we'll do that next year. We'll just have the FA this year.
      asharonfountain
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #2: Apr 04, 2006 04:45:46 pm
      i agree wid ya giddy76 i think its to late to catch chelsea but we have a great chance of da fa cup and i think the league is ours nxt year
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #3: Apr 04, 2006 05:25:36 pm
      Ditto !!  FA cup this year and CL and PL next year   :D
      rEdGiRl
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #4: Apr 04, 2006 06:01:56 pm
      YEAH OBVIOUSLY WOULD BE ACE BUT THE PL IS OUT OF R REACH NOW. BUT AS U ALL SAY DEFO GOT V.HIGH HOPES 4 NEXT SEASON  ;D

I REKON WE'LL GO ALL THE WAY IN THE FA AND HOPEFULLY SNATCH 2ND OFF THE MANC sh*te!!!
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #5: Apr 04, 2006 10:33:51 pm
      No chance for the league (fingers crossed for a 22 man brawl when Chavski play United and 10 points taken off each!)

I think the fact that we are still in with a (tiny) chance with 5 games left is great proof of how far Rafa has brought us in improving our league form.

If we hadn't taken a couple of games to get going, and if we had a bit of better luck against Chelsea and against the Mancs at Old Trafford it could have been different.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #6: Apr 05, 2006 03:47:24 pm
      no chance of winning the PL this year,thats ours next season but i think we can win the FA cup this year. Us vs west ham in the final
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #7: Apr 05, 2006 10:07:31 pm
      League not gonna happen.

In fact I would still put my house on Chelsea to win it/buy it - (delete as appropriate  ;D )
      foxy
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts | -11 
      Reply #8: Apr 07, 2006 01:34:08 pm
      ah for once a scouse supporter who has said something truthfull, chelsea wining this year's PL.
      oh n Jabba as mentioned before we did not buy the title i know you sorry losers can't understand that. Yes roman has invested over £200m into the club, however that money has been spent on a long term investment on building a team up that work well together.

The other thing you fail to remember is that Jose's record at Porto is a very good record, hence why he was asked to join Chelsea. Roman didn't want just anyone to join to be the Manager. he wanted someone with experience/expertise and a proven record.

Ok you could quite easily say that we bought the titles etc.. n going to win it again this year, but lets turn the tables shall we what would you say if you had £200m and every team in the pl said you bought the titles?

and don't say you wouldn't take £200m wether it be from a russian invester or anyone on the planet as you'd be talkng bollocks.

fact of the mater is you'd take the money happily n buy some talented players, like what Chelsea did. so in effect one could say you'd be buying the titles if you won them.

Anyway my point is until you have catogoric proof that we bought those titles, i'd shut your ugly mouths as you cannot prove it can you?
      Rushie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 255 posts | -3 
      Reply #9: Apr 07, 2006 01:55:46 pm
      If I had £200 million for the reds I wouldn't have wasted any of it on Drogba I can assure you of that.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #10: Apr 07, 2006 02:21:16 pm
      Quote from: "Rushie"
      If I had £200 million for the reds I wouldn't have wasted any of it on Drogba I can assure you of that.
      or essian
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #11: Apr 07, 2006 08:40:48 pm
      Quote from: "Jabba"
      League not gonna happen.

In fact I would still put my house on Chelsea to win it/buy it - (delete as appropriate  ;D )

I wouldn't put my house on it, Mancs looking good for a change even though i hate to say it.   :D

Quick Reply