Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

GAA

Read 62758 times
      StevieGfan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      • LFC - YNWA
      Re: GAA
      Reply #23: Mar 20, 2009 11:51:27 pm
      I'm thinking this topic needs a few more irish opinions although i don't have much to offer except that my family follows antrim . . . Yeah i know, i'll leave it there  . . haha! Find it quite funny that some people have no clue about our sports, gaelic football and hurling are great, really entertaining to watch!
      laoisred
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #24: Mar 20, 2009 11:59:35 pm
      I'm thinking this topic needs a few more irish opinions although I don't have much to offer except that my family follows antrim . . . Yeah I know, I'll leave it there  . . haha! Find it quite funny that some people have no clue about our sports, gaelic football and hurling are great, really entertaining to watch!
         Antrim hurling is on the way up StevieGfan! Everytime we play ye there is not a lot in it. Yeah I know we aint the greatest but damn! ye know how to hurl!
      StevieGfan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #25: Mar 21, 2009 12:13:08 am
      Well i've heard they are getting better but haven't been to matches in a while, need to get back to the oul irish roots haha!
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #26: Mar 21, 2009 12:19:00 pm
      Find it quite funny that some people have no clue about our sports, gaelic football and hurling are great, really entertaining to watch!
      When i saw them on Setanta i thought "WTF?" But you're right it is really entertaining to watch!
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #27: Mar 21, 2009 06:58:09 pm
      Dublin will get done by Meath cos its the same squad full of the same mistakes

Lets hope so!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #28: Mar 21, 2009 08:37:28 pm

Im a dub!! Hurling is my sport tho. Footballers get on my tits. Hyped up every year only to fail. I think meath might do them dont want it to happen tho
      laoisred
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #29: Apr 06, 2009 10:38:00 pm
      Well done to Antrim who beat us off the pitch yesterday....2-18 to 0-18. Well done to the Dubs u21s who also beat our u21s in the Leinster Final yesterday.......0-12 to 0-09

A great day for Laois GAA..................... .ah well we have the Championship to look forward to.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #30: Jun 03, 2009 03:18:51 pm
      Bump...

Championship has been great so far! Kildare and Offaly was a great match! Kildare destroyed Offaly in the first half but fell asleep in the second half.

Hurling has been great so far as well. I'd usually stick to the football but I've been watching an a lot of hurling lately! Cork and Tipperary was a great game.

Monaghan and Down game has been the only disappointment. Serious lack of discipline, Monaghan the deserved winners.

Anyone else think Fermanagh could be a dark horse in Ulster?
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #31: Jun 08, 2009 09:54:43 pm
      Good weekend. Suprised to see the Dublin hurlers beat Antrim, they've come a long way!

Cork and Kerry was a great match. Some amazing scores, Cork were unlucky to get the draw, don't think they'll win the replay, I think their chance is gone now for Munster. They'll get through the back door imo.

Dublin V Meath wasn't great. Dublin should have run away with it. Meath were terrible but Dublin couldn't kick a point for their lives. If they don't sort it out they'll fall short. Again!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #32: Jun 22, 2009 02:09:37 pm
      Fu**in yes. Dublin hurlers into the Leinster final for the first time since 91. Nice one lads  ;D
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #33: Jun 26, 2009 09:39:56 pm
      Fu**in yes. Dublin hurlers into the Leinster final for the first time since 91. Nice one lads  ;D

Delighted for them. Kilkenny will more than likely proved too much for them but I would love to think they could break Kilkenny's strangle hold on Leinster!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #34: Jun 27, 2009 02:39:18 pm
      Delighted for them. Kilkenny will more than likely proved too much for them but I would love to think they could break Kilkenny's strangle hold on Leinster!

True Dublin hurling fans are just happy to see things moving in the right direction. Not expecting to beat Kilkenny but hope to make a right good game of it. And were guaranteed a quarter final place in the All Ireland. Great stuff
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #35: Jun 27, 2009 03:11:20 pm
      Antrim hurling is on the way up StevieGfan! Everytime we play ye there is not a lot in it. Yeah I know we aint the greatest but damn! ye know how to hurl!

I know how to hurl, usually after an all-day session though!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #36: Jun 27, 2009 04:16:08 pm
      lmao Antrim footballers are doing well... Whats going on
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #37: Jun 28, 2009 04:46:48 pm
      True Dublin hurling fans are just happy to see things moving in the right direction. Not expecting to beat Kilkenny but hope to make a right good game of it. And were guaranteed a quarter final place in the All Ireland. Great stuff

I'm more into the football than hurling but always love to see any team but Kilkenny make strides in the hurling.

Looks like a Dublin vs. Kildare Leinster final. Dublin are up 1-14 to 0-04 against Westmeath at half time.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #38: Jun 28, 2009 05:28:43 pm

Looks like a Dublin vs. Kildare Leinster final. Dublin are up 1-14 to 0-04 against Westmeath at half time.

Full-time: Dublin 4-26. Westmeath 0-11.  27 point margin :o

Westmeath were terrible! Their forwards were starved for the game!

Jason Sherlock was immense! Man Of The Match, easily! Created everything for Dublin.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #39: Jun 28, 2009 05:37:49 pm
      Galway beat Sligo 1-13 to 0-12

good game Galway got 1-1 in the final 3 minutes

Armstrong got the goal and Bergin got the point
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #40: Jul 17, 2009 09:48:49 pm
      Should be an interesting game tomorrow night- Tyrone v Antrim in the Ulster Final. I would like to see Antrim win cause they are the under-dogs and i live near Antrim. However, my Dad is from Tyrone so i have certain loyalties to them.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #41: Aug 04, 2009 12:18:00 am
      Well Dublin footballers continue a proud tradition of bottling it against the big boys! 1:24 to 1:07 against a Kerry team on its way out is pathetic. Credit where credit is due to Kerry they were very good. But Dublin made them look better than they were.

Kildare vs Tyrone was a great game. Kildare started amazingly. They were so fluent in their play. But they were never going to be able to go the full 70 at that pace. They could have won if they showed up for the start of the second half, Tyrone just ran through them for 10 minutes. Experience played a big part in the end. Kildare could have won if they kept a level head in the last five minutes but kicked far too many wides.

Cork vs Donegal was probably the most predictable game. Donegal tried to park the bus and it didn't work.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #42: Aug 04, 2009 03:41:49 am
      Loved Kildare vs Tyrone so I did
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #43: Aug 30, 2009 05:12:38 pm
      Meath vs Kerry was a very boring game. 2-08 to 1-07 to Kerry, and Meaths goal only came in the last minute so it was never really close.

Cork vs Kerry in the All-Ireland final. It won't be as easy for Cork as it was in the Munster final. Kerry are in some good form right now and will be much more climatised to Croke Park than Cork. It will be a very close game, but I would love to see Cork win it!
      TheLando618
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #44: Sep 15, 2009 07:08:23 pm
      Just took up Gaelic Football over here in the states .We have some Pub teams formed. Taking up hurling in the spring. Should be a pretty good time.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #45: Sep 20, 2009 06:47:46 pm
      2 weeks ago Kilkenny won the All Ireland hurling championship for the 4th year in a row

Today Kerry won there 3rd football title in 6 years having played in all 6 finals

Moral being your f**ked if your county doesnt begin with K
      « Last Edit: Sep 20, 2009 08:04:16 pm by Brian78 »

Quick Reply